Train strike first game of season!

Funny how they are striking on a Saturday. The unions realise that if they strike during the week to disrupt London and the city everybody works from home and don’t care. So they think it is okay to disrupt London over the weekends and fcuk us over.
Dragging football into politics yet again and only hurting the working man….selfish bar stewards.

The thing is had the railway companies offered a basic 4-5% with no real changes to the terms and conditions nearly a year ago when negotiations first started the union would had snapped their hands off. The truth is they have offered next to fuck all and want to reduce enhancements for weekend/night work but expect the drivers to work more off them, tearing up all previous agreements. I thought we were all agreed the MSM are cunts and this isn’t about pay it’s about control of the ‘little people’ the working class.

The thing is had the railway companies offered a basic 4-5% with no real changes to the terms and conditions nearly a year ago when negotiations first started the union would had snapped their hands off. The truth is they have offered next to fuck all and want to reduce enhancements for weekend/night work but expect the drivers to work more off them, tearing up all previous agreements. I thought we were all agreed the MSM are cunts and this isn’t about pay it’s about control of the ‘little people’ the working class.
Well said mate.

The MSM are feeding us a load of shit on it and people are buying it.

this latest strike is going to be a right ball ache for me but I’ll still support them in their dispute

Train drivers at the following companies are set to strike on the 30th:
  • Arriva Rail London
  • Chiltern Railways
  • Great Western Railway
  • LNER
  • Greater Anglia
  • Southeastern
  • Hull Trains
  • West Midlands Trains
Just checked the Thameslink site and they are saying workers striking on the 27th.
C@nts

I heard a railway signaler explain what they want to do to the track workers.
At the moment the repair people are contracted to work 39 weekends per year.
The employers want to increase this to 50 as part of new pay and conditions.
Ultimately, what they want to introduce is virtually all agency staff.
The signaler told the story of an agency worker who requested a Saturday off to go to a family wedding.
His request was granted, grudgingly, but he was not used for the next 4 weekends.
Make up your own minds if the workers are being unreasonable.

I heard a railway signaler explain what they want to do to the track workers.
At the moment the repair people are contracted to work 39 weekends per year.
The employers want to increase this to 50 as part of new pay and conditions.
Ultimately, what they want to introduce is virtually all agency staff.
The signaler told the story of an agency worker who requested a Saturday off to go to a family wedding.
His request was granted, grudgingly, but he was not used for the next 4 weekends.
Make up your own minds if the workers are being unreasonable.
So they were pizzed off as he wanted a Saturday off because they needed him, but then punished him by cutting his following weekend hours, when they needed him?

If the signaller is telling the truth, that is fcked up...... and completely illogical.

On Wippas point one of the strikes is ASLEF (think the one on the 30th), I presume you don't support this one? As ASLEF is pretty much all drivers I believe...and all on a good screw already?

So they were pizzed off as he wanted a Saturday off because they needed him, but then punished him by cutting his following weekend hours, when they needed him?

If the signaller is telling the truth, that is fcked up...... and completely illogical.

On Wippas point one of the strikes is ASLEF (think the one on the 30th), I presume you don't support this one? As ASLEF is pretty much all drivers I believe...and all on a good screw already?
Haven’t read up on this one on the 30th so don’t know the details yet if I’m honest. Just thought it was the same as the recent one.

The one on the 30th is drivers and a day chosen to fuck up football fans, Commonwealth Games and saps like me who bought train tickets to get to the airport. I won't make that mistake again. If their action is aimed at disrupting the social life of working class bods, public support will be short lived

Haven’t read up on this one on the 30th so don’t know the details yet if I’m honest. Just thought it was the same as the recent one.
I'm not out and out anti-strike, but the ones pulling the RMT and ASLEF strings are not the cleaners and such like.... What if the rail operators said "Anyone on less than £20K gets 20%, £20k - £30k 10% anyone over £30k gets 1%.. do you think they'd accept it? Using the cleaners as a reason is a smokescreen and the MSN is supporting that. Everyone I've spoken to in favour of strikes uses 'the cleaners' as a reason... the unions have fooled so many....

That's exactly what she was implying.
She sounded like a perfectly sane, intelligent woman.
She wasn't ranting and raving, just giving the other side of the story.
I've no reason to think she was lying.

Yep, it’s fucked us. I was going to get the train, but the twats have screwed us as Greater Anglian is the line to Norwich.
If the line is going to be empty then there will be room for a 'football special', come on Huski, do it for the fans.

There has been a lot of bollocks banded around regarding the train drivers pay etc when up to now the drivers haven't been involved. I'm a member of RMT and I can hand on heart tell you the pay is not the biggest issue here. I'm in Network Rail operations and I'm striking for the maintenance lads. Our rule book is written in blood and they'll be a lot more of it when these cuts come in. One out, all out! We will keep it up too I wont lie to any of you either, Shapps brought out a statement to the public not long ago about cutting overtime so we couldn't make up the lost wages. Iv made up my lost wages from the previous strike and im already pencilled in overtime to cover the loss on the next dates. The railway runs on the stuff. Should I or any of my colleagues refuse to work this overtime that apparently will be taken away from us(which it isn't btw) there would be no service. its all bollox to try and save face.