Top stat wankery

If all the teams below us (except Rotherham) won their remaning games, we could still go down with 50 points, I think. We could still go down with 51, given that losing our three games, and Brum winning theirs would alter the GD in their favour. However, it's obviously very unlikely indeed that this scenario would happen in real life.

Stoke 56
QPR 56
Blackburn 55
Plymouth 54
Huddersfield 53
Wednesday 53
Brum 51
Millwall 50
Rotherham (down already)
But they cant because 3 teams below us play each other, forget the others. Rotherham are down so only 2 other teams are needed to fill the remaining two places. I have assumed they would win at least 2 of their remaing games. The worst senario is we rely on goal difference.

Depending what happens this weekend, the Plymouth game could well be the game that secures Championship Football next season. If so, I must say, we do like our last home games of the season to mean something.
:grinning:

17th: Blackburn - 49 points

Fixtures: Sheffield Wednesday (h), Coventry (h), Leicester (a)

18th: Plymouth - 48 points

Fixtures: Stoke (a), Millwall (a), Hull (h)

19th: QPR - 47 points

Fixtures: Preston (h), Leeds (h), Coventry (a)

20th: Stoke - 47 points

Fixtures: Plymouth (h), Southampton (a), Bristol City (h)

21st: Blues - 45 points

Fixtures: Rotherham (a), Huddersfield (a), Norwich (h)

22nd: Huddersfield - 44 points

Fixtures: Swansea (h), Birmingham (a), Ipswich (h)

23rd: Sheffield Wednesday - 44 points

Fixtures: Blackburn (a), West Brom (h), Sunderland (a)

So who will go down?

17th: Blackburn - 49 points

Fixtures: Sheffield Wednesday (h), Coventry (h), Leicester (a)

18th: Plymouth - 48 points

Fixtures: Stoke (a), Millwall (a), Hull (h)

19th: QPR - 47 points

Fixtures: Preston (h), Leeds (h), Coventry (a)

20th: Stoke - 47 points

Fixtures: Plymouth (h), Southampton (a), Bristol City (h)

21st: Blues - 45 points

Fixtures: Rotherham (a), Huddersfield (a), Norwich (h)

22nd: Huddersfield - 44 points

Fixtures: Swansea (h), Birmingham (a), Ipswich (h)

23rd: Sheffield Wednesday - 44 points

Fixtures: Blackburn (a), West Brom (h), Sunderland (a)

So who will go down?

The form book has gone out of the window the last two games, so the quality of the opponents mean nothing at the moment...
😁😁

But they cant because 3 teams below us play each other, forget the others. Rotherham are down so only 2 other teams are needed to fill the remaining two places. I have assumed they would win at least 2 of their remaing games. The worst senario is we rely on goal difference.

I have taken that into account. Where I have given a team maximum points, I have then allowed the defeated team a maximum of six points from their remaining three fixtures.

You can work it out here. I don't think we will, however. And I'd love it if Birmingham got relegated. I'd prefer someone like Plymouth to stay up as I believe they'll be one of the weakest teams in the division next season, so thinking strategiclly there should only be 2 more relegation places at stake with them still in the divison imo

'd prefer someone like Plymouth to stay up as I believe they'll be one of the weakest teams in the division next season, so thinking strategiclly there should only be 2 more relegation places at stake with them still in the divison imo
I like your thinking. It's a very good point!

Huddersfield have only won 8 games all season. Think the penalty on Saturday has done for them, although I expect them to get a point v Swansea on Saturday.
Blackburn saved themselves with the win at Leeds and Brum will get Rotherham just when they need them.
The kraut has worked a miracle at Sheff W and I hear they are taking 9k to Ewood on Sunday, for me they have to win that game, which I doubt they will and that should do it for us.