Tonights game

Phlion54

Taste of what's to come , no trainer on pitch ,s couple of free kicks and 6 minutes extra time, 5 yellow cards,2 for kicking the ball away and a vast gulf between the 2 teams playing wise, get ready for 50 minutes halves all season

Just had a little watch for ten minutes before I realised that Russell Martin is now the Southampton manager and it all made sense. I guess his tactic this season is to try and bore the whole division to death and eventually into submission with endless pointless passing. I don’t care how good their possession stats are I couldn’t watch that every week.

Just had a little watch for ten minutes before I realised that Russell Martin is now the Southampton manager and it all made sense. I guess his tactic this season is to try and bore the whole division to death and eventually into submission with endless pointless passing. I don’t care how good their possession stats are I couldn’t watch that every week.
Fortunately for you you won't have to, because we have GR. 😂😂👊🦁🦁IMG_20230802_105651.jpg

Saints scored early in the 1st half and as I wasn’t able to watch the rest of the first 45, I’ve just tuned in again in the last 5 minutes to see Saints are 2-1 up. They went ahead in the 86th minute, and 90 minutes are up and they‘re now 5 minutes into the 9 minutes that’s been added on! :eek!:

Edit: FT - Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 2 Southampton

From what I saw, Saints weren’t that great. The game was really a Prem side playing a league 1 side! The real test as to whether they’re any good or not will be when they play against a seasoned Championship side like us! Their star player was Ward-Prowse, and everything seemed to go through him, so let’s hope the chirpy cockney Hamsters come in with a better renewed bid for him.

If he goes I think Saints will find the Championship a struggle this season!

Last edited:
And I thought I heard or read somewhere that the dreaded VAR was coming to the Championship, possibly as early as next week. So expect games to go on forever while they make their minds up over shit plus all the other additional minutes for stoppages. End up with 20 /25 minutes added on FFS. 😳😳

Members online