Tom Bradshaw

Bradshaw has not been one of my favorites, but he is trying hard to change my opinion. Good on him for a great day. Good 3 points Lions...
Whether by accident or design I don't know, but when Rowett brought Smiff on our whole approach to attacking changed. Maybe it was that that caught Stoke out?
Whatever, we have not scored goals like those 2 since I can't remember when.

I’ve always thought he has something to offer but the team has never served him as well as he deserves.

Today for 20 minutes we got behind them and played the ball into dangerous areas that he could attack it with great results.

How often in the last 2 seasons has Bradshaw been presented with the opportunities he had today? Very few.

His finishing was top notch today and don’t forget how he, virtually on his own, took on their defenders in the first half. Also deserving of credit.

Hopefully his brace will give him the confidence to go on and deliver what I think he’s capable of but to do that he needs better support from his teammates and if he doesn’t get that he’ll go back to being a scapegoat and target of disgruntled fans.

Whether by accident or design I don't know, but when Rowett brought Smiff on our whole approach to attacking changed. Maybe it was that that caught Stoke out?
We went from a negative to a positive formation that's why we scored ...not a sniff in the first half 5 at the back at home does not work & maybe it as now sunk in to Rowetts negative tactical brain

Needs a run of games with Smith in a 442.
Definitely needs to play in a two up front but not sure if Smith has much more left in his legs. He's a handful with the ball at his feet but doesn't happen often enough, he's still a good foil though and does drag defenders about to make space. Very pleased for Bradshaw, his work rate has never been in question, chances created for him very limited but there was glimpses of a decent poacher on show today.

I’ve always thought he has something to offer but the team has never served him as well as he deserves.

Today for 20 minutes we got behind them and played the ball into dangerous areas that he could attack it with great results.

How often in the last 2 seasons has Bradshaw been presented with the opportunities he had today? Very few.

His finishing was top notch today and don’t forget how he, virtually on his own, took on their defenders in the first half. Also deserving of credit.

Hopefully his brace will give him the confidence to go on and deliver what I think he’s capable of but to do that he needs better support from his teammates and if he doesn’t get that he’ll go back to being a scapegoat and target of disgruntled fans.
Not sure finishing was top notch is fair—two side footers from 3 yards, but he was in the right place. Much better was the ball he played for Smith. I think Smudges surprise caused him to Duff it.

Last edited:
Agreed - The Players suddenly seemed lifted and went for it. Surely if the players and fans all want a more positive approach and he can see it working he has to consider it for the home games at least and not wait until we are losing to implement it.

Not sure finishing was top notch is fair—two side footers from 3 yards, but he was in the right place. Much better was the ball he played for Smith. I think Smudges surprise caused him to Duff it.
True, but he has missed a few sitters from that distance before, so no point celebrating until the ball hits the back of the net!

Even then, the goal could have been given for offside! 🤣

I think he needs the manager to tell/let his teammates play 4-4-2 then there will be more opportunities made for him.

We went from a negative to a positive formation that's why we scored ...not a sniff in the first half 5 at the back at home does not work & maybe it as now sunk in to Rowetts negative tactical brain
I wouldn't bank on it, I get the impression Rowett has his favoured system that must include Evans at all costs, and his stubborn character is not ripe for change.

I don't remember him missing any from that close, he has mishit a few shots from further out though