Tiring

Poplar Lion

I know I'm getting on a bit but is anyone else finding they feel exhausted they day after games?

I don't know if it's the nervous energy of how tight the games are or just the general highs and lows for scoring and conceding.
And the games have been coming so thick and fast, there's no down time as such.

How the players are coping with it, I have no idea. I'm just watching.

Nervous energy mate. The excitement gets the endorphins going and then the come down after is what you and all of us are experiencing.

I know I'm getting on a bit but is anyone else finding they feel exhausted they day after games?

I don't know if it's the nervous energy of how tight the games are or just the general highs and lows for scoring and conceding.
And the games have been coming so thick and fast, there's no down time as such.

How the players are coping with it, I have no idea. I'm just watching.
It’s funny you should say that.
Yes, I do too.
Tuesday evening is my table tennis night.
Last night I played non stop for 90 minutes, so not unlike football.
I had already walked my usual 5 miles in the day.
Had curry and beer before the match started at 9, then kicked and headed every ball from my sofa.
It’s no surprise I was knackered.😂😂😂

Yes, I do too.
Had curry and beer before the match started at 9, then kicked and headed every ball from my sofa.
That ping pong is a killer mate - make sure you don't overdo it!

That ping pong is a killer mate - make sure you don't overdo it!
My club has national level players.
Obviously, I don’t go anywhere near them, but one of them coaches mere mortals like me.
It’s a great game and a fantastic work out.
It is also a game where women and men really can compete together.
Just as an aside, I once got thrashed in a club competition by a 13 year old.😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, I do too.
You need to be careful with that wiff-waff. Probably best to avoid darts then. As Jocky Wilson said, "You've got to be fit to play (that) game". Crib might be an option but I found that hands of 12+ got my heart racing😁

My club has national level players.
Obviously, I don’t go anywhere near them, but one of them coaches mere mortals like me.
It’s a great game and a fantastic work out.
It is also a game where women and men really can compete together.
Just as an aside, I once got thrashed in a club competition by a 13 year old.😂😂😂😂😂
I have one of those table tennis tables that go on top of my pool table (near full size). I play against my 15 year old son.. we used to play a lot, but now he thrashes me so we don't so much..

I know I will be knackered by the time I get home on Saturday, a rare visit to the Den for me, leave at 7 and home at midnight.

Hope all goes well Saxon.

Members online