Things of note - Hull

So JE is stuck with putting round pegs in square holes, then from some quarters getting slated. Patience is required, if we are in same position this time next year we either give him more time or seek someone else. Depends how the boss feels. The man has had no luck whatsoever with injuries, refereeing decisions an ageing backline and inexperienced youth. With an ounce of luck, or technically ability we could have won Saturday. Good eyesighted officials might of helped.
Stop sending players out on the pitch with square hole tactics then.
Saturday we got what we deserved, could of got a point but not a deserved one.
It is currently coming down to 'when Edwards gets better players we will be alright'.
If Harris and Rowett had better players they would have done better than they did and might have changed the way they played.
I hope it works out for Edwards but I don't like this football snobbery where attempting to play like Brazil allows fans to look down their noses at direct football.

So JE is stuck with putting round pegs in square holes, then from some quarters getting slated. Patience is required, if we are in same position this time next year we either give him more time or seek someone else. Depends how the boss feels. The man has had no luck whatsoever with injuries, refereeing decisions an ageing backline and inexperienced youth. With an ounce of luck, or technically ability we could have won Saturday. Good eyesighted officials might of helped.

Sorry but can't agree with much of that.

How is Edwards being forced to put round pegs in square holes? No one is being forced to play out of position (Wallace may have started out as a CB but has played L(W)B for a good few seasons now).

Nor do I think that Edwards has been any more unlucky than Rowett when it comes to injuries, etc: I would also bet my bottom dollar that you could go onto any other C'ship team's fan sites and almost all will be bemoaning their luck with injuries and officials.

I have said before that I think the time to judge Edwards will be +/-10 games into next season. However, there is a big proviso. First and foremost, we have to make sure that we are in the C'ship next season. Edwards' record is 16 pts from 15 games. That is relegation form.

It's all well and good accepting that change takes time but we need results. Maybe the current crop of players aren't good enough to carry out Edwards' instructions? If this is the case, then imo Edwards has to adjust his tactics to get the best out of them given that we are stuck with this squad until the summer. If that means adopting a more pragmatic Rowett type approach until we are safe then so be it.

think maybe Edwards would have been a good number 2 to some one who has been around the championship think he's in deep water with no answer's
we don't do anything different just keep doing the same things
lets hope their are 3 teams worse then us or we maybe in the s&*t before you know it

It is currently coming down to 'when Edwards gets better players we will be alright'.
If Harris and Rowett had better players they would have done better than they did and might have changed the way they played.
I hope it works out for Edwards but I don't like this football snobbery where attempting to play like Brazil allows fans to look down their noses at direct football.

Absolutely spot on.

One tactic that needs changing in this one up front bullshit, we don't create much but when we do get the ball in the box there's no fucker there!!
Happens 3-4 times every game! Play Obafemi and Bradshaw together with Flemming or Esse behind them.

Direct football is fine, but you do need a forward that can control the ball and make it stick to him. As for Saturday we were poor first half, bit like the officials, who basically cost us the game. Flemming and Bradshaw not clinical with good chances that would have actually of won us the game. Fine margins.

Liverpool go long all the time its not done them any harm
You need the players to go long too though. Bradshaw for all his running and defending from the front doesn't win many of those long balls. Nisbet neither picks up long balls or defends from the front.
That being said i do recall a game not that long back when Emakhu picked up some long balls and looked dangerous. Can be done. But finding the balance in this team seems to be anyone's guess!

Direct football is fine, but you do need a forward that can control the ball and make it stick to him. As for Saturday we were poor first half, bit like the officials, who basically cost us the game. Flemming and Bradshaw not clinical with good chances that would have actually of won us the game. Fine margins.
Yet with Bradshaw not controlling a ball we were in and around the play offs for a long time last season

I agree we could of got something from the Hull game but I don't think we deserved to, we were very poor with the ball in the first half.

Yet with Bradshaw not controlling a ball we were in and around the play offs for a long time last season

I agree we could have got something from the Hull game but I don't think we deserved to, we were very poor with the ball in the first half.
Not sure mate we had the ball in the first half. They wouldn’t let us have it