Things of note - Hull

Hull’s squad was £68m according to one of our fellow posters, if that is the case we done well to keep the score down . Sarkic apart from a very good shot by Jayden had nothing much else to do.
With an average gate of 17k, they must be breaking FS rules.

Maybe mate.

Game of opinions isn’t it, in my opinion, he isn’t doing enough in the games he is in for me.
I get that mate. I said the same last season cause i think there's goals in him but perhaps he doesn't have the legs for box to box? I would stick with him until the seasons end purley for his leadership and battling qualities. I'm certainly not suggesting that he's our best midfielder or the future but what we need given our position. Saville and DeNorre for now- Honeyman and De Norre for the future.

I think he might need an extra pair of legs in the middle, possibly play him on the left of midfield with Casper in the middle and Honeyman on the right?
You could be right. I write above that perhaps Saville hasn't the legs anymore for getting forward. When you watch him live he's always talking to his partner when playing and other team mates. He never lets up when playing alongside BM who must be benefiting from that guidance. Almost like he's coaching them through the game. As i've said i think his experience is much needed at the moment and why i'd play him and have him as captain if isn't already when Hutchinson is benched.

I get that mate. I said the same last season cause i think there's goals in him but perhaps he doesn't have the legs for box to box? I would stick with him until the seasons end purley for his leadership and battling qualities. I'm certainly not suggesting that he's our best midfielder or the future but what we need given our position. Saville and DeNorre for now- Honeyman and De Norre for the future.
Let’s see.

He will no doubt have an impact in some games as he still has quality im just not convinced that comes regularly enough.

Hull’s squad was £68m according to one of our fellow posters, if that is the case we done well to keep the score down . Sarkic apart from a very good shot by Jayden had nothing much else to do.
My thoughts too.

Re FFP They must be selling a lot of replica shirts🤷

Sounds like there will be a fire sale at the end of the season if they don't go up.

Definately something dodgy going on with the Turkish owner, I was shocked when I saw how much their squad cost and with a adult ticket just twenty quid and free tickets and turkish flags to the local turks they won't be earning much on gate receipts.

If they don't go up via the play offs i'd imagine they'll be in some bother with FFP

Hull won't be going up via the play-offs. They pass the ball around well but do very little in the final third with it. Actually, the second half, they looked very ordinary and like a mid-table team that they are. Mind you, at the moment, I wouldn't mind 'Wall being an ordinary, mid-table team.
😁

Hull won't be going up via the play-offs. They pass the ball around well but do very little in the final third with it. Actually, the second half, they looked very ordinary and like a mid-table team that they are. Mind you, at the moment, I wouldn't mind 'Wall being an ordinary, mid-table team.
😁
If we would have closed them down all game like we did when Bradshaw came on, we would have won that game comfortably, their defence aint good under pressure and they did,nt offer a lot in front of goal.

Cant see them making the play offs, not impressed.

we have asked a group of ageing limited defender to play out from the back when they are unable that is not down to them
that said we miss Leonard badly
we don't look any better going forward under JE
for me no improvements at all
ive been going week in week out for more years then i care to count
and this is just no fun anymore i have never felt so let down by the way some of our lot Carrie on honestly cant say we have ever had so many thick C&%ts follow us if we try to play out all you hear get it forward if we go long all you hear i hate Hoff ball in a way i don't mind going down just so all the shit just fuck off
So eloquently put NCW.. Agree 100%

If fit, imo Hutch starts ever time.

Sav was very good prior to his suspension. He and De Norre still don't look match fit to me.

Cuffy has had two poor games whereas Danny has done well recently. Maybe time for a change?

Esse looked lively yesterday. Maybe start him in place of Watmore.
Danny can defend, Cuffy can't. Cuffy can attack, cross and score, Danny can't. Play them both in their best position. In my view we have bigger problems to solve, over on the entire left side, front to back.

If we would have closed them down all game like we did when Bradshaw came on, we would have won that game comfortably,

I agree about Bradshaw, he closes down well.

Funny enough, many supporters have started calling out JE over the recent results, but if you look back a few weeks ago, when we put that decent little run together while playing well, Bradshaw and to a degree Saville, were very much in form...

Once Bradshaw got injured and Saville suspended, there was a big dip in consistency within the team and we lost most of the attacking threat we started to gain during that run. The shots on/off target were up quite a bit and there wasn't so much pressure on the defence. At that point, some were even saying it was the best football we had played for years and what a decent coach JE was.
:shrug:

It just goes to show that a dip in players form, fitness after injuries and suspensions have had a big impact on the team recently and not all down to the coach.

At the moment, I still have every confidence that Joe Edwards and the team will pull it around - There's certainly enough decent players in the squad and we could do with a bit of luck going our way.
:grinning:

Last edited:
we have asked a group of ageing limited defender to play out from the back when they are unable that is not down to them
This:
I’ve said this from the beginning, when Cooper and especially Wallace and Hutchinson were learning to play some 20 plus years ago, no one played out from the back & it was still mostly 4-4-2
It’s something that the kids are more used to playing now but it’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks

I have never felt so let down by the way some of our lot Carrie on honestly cant say we have ever had so many thick C&%ts follow us if we try to play out all you hear get it forward if we go long all you hear i hate Hoff ball in a way i don't mind going down just so all the shit just fuck off
This:
I had the same argument with a palarse fan yesterday because it applies to both clubs.
When we were going regularly back in the seventies & eighties we were either in division two or division three, the football was often a lot worse & fans didn’t moan half as much. Palace fans are deluded thinking they should be competing for a European spot and our lot of moaners are mostly deluded. Neither team are “entitled” to be playing at a higher level it’s just something we hope for & the club aim for.
And another thing, presumably “supporter comes from the word “support” (and as you say, some of our lot just turn up to have a moan)
This is the Oxford Dictionary meaning of the word:
“support”
to help or encourage somebody/something by saying or showing that you agree with them/it

Rant Over!

Danny can defend, Cuffy can't. Cuffy can attack, cross and score, Danny can't. Play them both in their best position. In my view we have bigger problems to solve, over on the entire left side, front to back.
If we play the current system of 3CBs then there is only one place up for grabs on the right, so we can't play both Danny and Cuffy unless Danny plays RCB. It's an option but, as I said, for me Hutch starts if fit.

I agree entirely about the left side. Imo Cooper hasn't been great this season. Defensively Bryan is terrible; often gets caught out of position, can't tackle and doesn't stop crosses coming in. Wallace is very good positionally and is strong in the tackle but, unfortunately, his lack of pace is a big problem.

If we play the current system of 3CBs then there is only one place up for grabs on the right, so we can't play both Danny and Cuffy unless Danny plays RCB. It's an option but, as I said, for me Hutch starts if fit.

I agree entirely about the left side. Imo Cooper hasn't been great this season. Defensively Bryan is terrible; often gets caught out of position, can't tackle and doesn't stop crosses coming in. Wallace is very good positionally and is strong in the tackle but, unfortunately, his lack of pace is a big problem.
So JE is stuck with putting round pegs in square holes, then from some quarters getting slated. Patience is required, if we are in same position this time next year we either give him more time or seek someone else. Depends how the boss feels. The man has had no luck whatsoever with injuries, refereeing decisions an ageing backline and inexperienced youth. With an ounce of luck, or technically ability we could have won Saturday. Good eyesighted officials might of helped.