Things of note - Hull

Lionsteele

Point dropped there massively.

Hull knocked the ball around well first half, as did we second half & definitely had the better chances (don’t think they had any others than the goal).

I think the players & staff will come away from there knowing they should have taken something. Let’s be honest, for all of the signings Hull have made, they looked bang average when the passing when out of the window second half.

Flemming - I thought he was a stand out player today. That’s the player we know is there. Was busy, looked sharp & was a thorn in their side.

Saville - Unpopular opinion & I’ve again said it before, for me, he is not up to it anymore. Saville has been a passenger for numerous games when he plays & Honeyman is so much better in there with De Norre. I personally think the sentimental value is why people want Saville in, when he brings little.

Watmore - The sooner he leaves the better. He must be a top earner & he looks awful again. There is a reason why he is one of the worst rated wingers in the league on performance ratings this season. Toilet.

Harding - I said on the mid season summary thread, looks a liability & it proved correct today. Good squad player to step in when needed, but when he plays a run of games he will make costly mistakes. The sooner Leonard is back the better.

Cuffy - Not sure what’s gone on last couple games, looks a different player. Doesn’t seem to have an impact forward or backwards atm.

Esse - Needs to play more games, last two games he has looked bright & that is only going to get better with more game time.

Ultimately if Edwards wants to play this way, he needs to be very careful with the defensive players he chooses, atm they are costing goals/points & these need to be addressed!

I’m still very much behind him though & that second half needs to turn into 90 minutes.

We seem to be a 45 minute side at the moment!

Hull knocked the ball around well first half, as did we second half & definitely had the better chances (don’t think they had any others than the goal).

I think the players & staff will come away from there knowing they should have taken something. Let’s be honest, for all of the signings Hull have made, they looked bang average when the passing when out of the window second half.

Flemming - I thought he was a stand out player today. That’s the player we know is there. Was busy, looked sharp & was a thorn in their side.

Saville - Unpopular opinion & I’ve again said it before, for me, he is not up to it anymore. Saville has been a passenger for numerous games when he plays & Honeyman is so much better in there with De Norre. I personally think the sentimental value is why people want Saville in, when he brings little.

Watmore - The sooner he leaves the better. He must be a top earner & he looks awful again. There is a reason why he is one of the worst rated wingers in the league on performance ratings this season. Toilet.

Harding - I said on the mid season summary thread, looks a liability & it proved correct today. Good squad player to step in when needed, but when he plays a run of games he will make costly mistakes. The sooner Leonard is back the better.

Cuffy - Not sure what’s gone on last couple games, looks a different player. Doesn’t seem to have an impact forward or backwards atm.

Esse - Needs to play more games, last two games he has looked bright & that is only going to get better with more game time.

Ultimately if Edwards wants to play this way, he needs to be very careful with the defensive players he chooses, atm they are costing goals/points & these need to be addressed!

I’m still very much behind him though & that second half needs to turn into 90 minutes.

I agree with most, if flemming was stand out he would have scored that, basically an open goal. Slow and gets caught with ball. Probably one of his better games though. Prefer honeyman.

I agree with most, if flemming was stand out he would have scored that, basically an open goal. Slow and gets caught with ball. Probably one of his better games though. Prefer honeyman.

Yeah he put it just over but that doesn’t take away from his overall game. He gets tons of criticism but he was very good today.

Prefer Honeyman? Him & Flemming should be playing together, Saville needs to take a seat. Very below par this season, not good enough.

If fit, imo Hutch starts ever time.

Sav was very good prior to his suspension. He and De Norre still don't look match fit to me.

Cuffy has had two poor games whereas Danny has done well recently. Maybe time for a change?

Esse looked lively yesterday. Maybe start him in place of Watmore.

I agree with everything other than Saville. There has been loads of games this season he has been a passenger. I’d bring him on if needed but not to start. He isn’t the way forward imo.

Very good assessment in my opinion. Objective and constructive. 👍

Yes he does get caught with the ball often. Not sure if it’s his decision making or lack of options but probably both. 🤷‍♂️

We rarely win when he doesn't play. Like many players he's out of form. There is no sentimental value, daft comment.

we have asked a group of ageing limited defender to play out from the back when they are unable that is not down to them
that said we miss Leonard badly
we don't look any better going forward under JE
for me no improvements at all
ive been going week in week out for more years then i care to count
and this is just no fun anymore i have never felt so let down by the way some of our lot Carrie on honestly cant say we have ever had so many thick C&%ts follow us if we try to play out all you hear get it forward if we go long all you hear i hate Hoff ball in a way i don't mind going down just so all the shit just fuck off

He has along with many others at the moment. I think we need him or someone of his ilk because he's experienced and a leader. More so when Hutchinson isn't on the pitch. We're in a relegation scrap and need scrappers. I think saville is the type of player needed at this current time. We lose less often when he plays.
Maybe mate.

Game of opinions isn’t it, in my opinion, he isn’t doing enough in the games he is in for me.

Honeyman and De Norre is a solid midfield & personally like the activity Honeyman brings as it allows De Norre to get on the ball. That is where we are going to have success for me.

He has along with many others at the moment. I think we need him or someone of his ilk because he's experienced and a leader. More so when Hutchinson isn't on the pitch. We're in a relegation scrap and need scrappers. I think saville is the type of player needed at this current time. We lose less often when he plays.
I think he might need an extra pair of legs in the middle, possibly play him on the left of midfield with Casper in the middle and Honeyman on the right?

Members online