The Tigers V The kings of the jungle - Match thread--- Sat 3pm KO

We were not pressing high or quick enough in the first half, Bradshaw came on and we were a different team, Fleming and Bradshaw are quick to press while the two behind them do not react quickly enough.

Ob1 and Nisbet do not get close enough to the player with the ball which is a mistake with a team like Hull.

If we would have pressured their back line from the off we would have won that game, they looked uncomfortable when Bradshaw and Fleming were closing them down.

JE made too many changes today and it showed.

Shit first half, didn’t look like the team could string a sentence together let alone a few passes. I thought Jed made the right subs and turned it second half but, yet again, no goal threat other than Flem’s attempted lob.

Too many changes to the starting? Maybe but Honeyman helped change it, as did Bradders. Still, not enough though. I’m not sure that De Norrre and Savs should start together. Watmore was quite average too.

Shit first half, didn’t look like the team could string a sentence together let alone a few passes. I thought Jed made the right subs and turned it second half but, yet again, no goal threat other than Flem’s attempted lob.

Too many changes to the starting? Maybe but Honeyman helped change it, as did Bradders. Still, not enough though. I’m not sure that De Norrre and Savs should start together. Watmore was quite average too.
I know Watmore was in the first 11 , but I can't even remember the commentator mentioning him.

Been saying Watmore and Harding are pony for some time. I said after the qpr game ‘was Watmore even playing?’ Same today. We haven’t won since Harding came in for Hutch.

I’m not sure I can agree with the laid back ‘let’s see out the season and rebuild in the summer’ mindset. For a start trying to recruit the best part of a whole new team is very rarely that simple or straightforward but as it stands things are a bit more urgent than some fans seem to realise.

We’re a mere five points off of 22nd place and in poor form. We’ve seem to have lost the edge we had in away games that at least made us hard to beat and with games at Coventry and Southampton coming up that isn’t looking likely to change anytime soon. Just hoping that there will be three sides shitter than us isn’t good enough in my book for a squad that pushed so hard last season.

We can throw around buzzwords like ‘project’ and ‘vision’ but in the here and now we need a reality check. I said the other day that there seems to be a perception that we are doing better than what we actually are and until we chalk up some wins and move away from the danger zone we can’t afford to be complacent. The Sheffield Wednesday match is huge, win that convincingly and we should be ok but anything other than that and we really are in trouble.

I know Watmore was in the first 11 , but I can't even remember the commentator mentioning him.
We broke early in the 2nd half, Bradders turned it over, got to Watmore who played it across in a good move, Wallace, in a central position picked it up and rather than keeping it on his left foot in a bit of space, turned it to his right straight into three defenders. That was about Watmore’s contribution,

Other than that, he’s good with the ball at his feet but tends to just run it into dead ends.

Thought we were shit to be honest first half ,dont remember to much of the 2nd half as there Turkish flag waving cuntish fans were winding me up, shame bradders couldn't finish that final kick of the game to shut them up

It's strange that away from home, we've somehow become more negative than under Rowett. Not sure if anyone's said it, but last 5 away games (going back to Stoke in Decmber) have yielded a combined total of 6 shots on target!

It's strange that away from home, we've somehow become more negative than under Rowett. Not sure if anyone's said it, but last 5 away games (going back to Stoke in Decmber) have yielded a combined total of 6 shots on target!
Sheff Wens away it started so positively

Reading JE 's after match comments it appears the players are either confused or he is failing to get his message across. On the one hand he wants us to play from the back and pass the ball more, which we appear to be doing well on occasions , but he also wants us to recognise that we have to get the ball forward quicker. He reckoned we got sucked into trying to play too much football, as Hull were doing. It's a balance that we don't appear to be able to grasp at the minute.I think the players and JE have to take responsibility jointly for this. Our midfield doesn't get forward quick enough to support a lone striker ,either that changes or we go two up front and move the ball quicker front to back ,taking advantage of the pace of Obefami , Emakhu Cuffy ,Bradshaw or Esse or whoever starts up top, which doesn't have to be hoofball. On another note , can't understand why Honeyman didn't start. He needs to start, and we need to get a settled 11, bar injuries of course.
Need to sort it out sooner rather than later.
Move on ,COYL

Last edited:
Reading JE 's after match comments it appears the players are either confused or he is failing to get his message across. On the one hand he wants us to play from the back and pass the ball more, which we appear to be doing well on occasions , but he also wants us to recognise that we have to get the ball forward quicker.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the after match interviews, but if this is what he said then that is worrying.

Like it or not, the direction, feel, tactics and application of the team comes from the manager. The players need to take their share of the blame too, but the buck stops with the man in charge.

A lot of these players played their part in four consecutive top half finishes in this league and we are nowhere near that right now. There is an argument that the squad we have is better than all those in the previous four seasons, but they are not performing. Why is that?

I am not so sure Edwards would stick around if we get relegated to do a re-build, I think its far harder than he ever imagined and from hearing him talk afterwards I am not convinced he knows how to turn it around anyway. it will be harder to find decent players to come here if we drop down a division as well so don;t be surprised if we are scratching around for another new manager if it all goes tits up by May.

We were not pressing high or quick enough in the first half, Bradshaw came on and we were a different team, Fleming and Bradshaw are quick to press while the two behind them do not react quickly enough.

Ob1 and Nisbet do not get close enough to the player with the ball which is a mistake with a team like Hull.

If we would have pressured their back line from the off we would have won that game, they looked uncomfortable when Bradshaw and Fleming were closing them down.

JE made too many changes today and it showed.
As much about honey coming on.