The Terriers V The mighty Millwall-----------match thread.

Peckham Lion

Staff member
A quick return to Yorkshire for a battle against 21st place Huddersfield. Two points from there last five games played and four points from there last five homes after beating Sunderland and drawing to local rivals Leeds. The other three home games saw them lose to Hull who snatched a late winner and heavy defeats at the hands of West Brom and Coventry. They do score at home and you have to go back to last November for the last time they drew a blank.

We don't have a great record against them ooop north and have registered only one win from our last seven visits which was back in 2021 when former Terrier Malone got the solitary goal in a narrow win. One to watch is Helik. A defender who's their top scorer on nine goals. He previously scored against us for Barnsley when putting an end to an eight game unbeaten run for us back in 2021.

No team news as i type this but there is some important travel news if those going are not already aware.

Safe journey to all our traveling lions

COYL

Team:

Sarkic
Danny, Hutch, Tanganga, Cooper, Wallace

BNC, Honeyman, Billy, Lenny, Saville

MUST NOT LOSE

😉😉😉

A quick return to Yorkshire for a battle against 21st place Huddersfield. Two points from there last five games played and four points from there last five homes after beating Sunderland and drawing to local rivals Leeds. The other three home games saw them lose to Hull who snatched a late winner and heavy defeats at the hands of West Brom and Coventry. They do score at home and you have to go back to last November for the last time they drew a blank.

We don't have a great record against them ooop north and have registered only one win from our last seven visits which was back in 2021 when former Terrier Malone got the solitary goal in a narrow win. One to watch is Helik. A defender who's their top scorer on nine goals. He previously scored against us for Barnsley when putting an end to an eight game unbeaten run for us back in 2021.

No team news as i type this but there is some important travel news if those going are not already aware.

Safe journey to all our traveling lions

COYL
Their No. 8, Rudoni is my one to watch. Ran their mid field at our place, always calling for the ball. Just the sort of player we need. (Hint!)

Their No. 8, Rudoni is my one to watch. Ran their mid field at our place, always calling for the ball. Just the sort of player we need. (Hint!)
Don't worry about any of them smelly northerners.
Just sort ourselves out. Get the tactics , mindset right. Make sure we've got our shooting boots on , don't give the ball away needlessly and be positive without going gung ho right from the kick off.
Then everything will be cushti.
COYL.

Murray is injured and will not be in the squad for this one. Whiplash from the rotherham game.

What’s your logic here Purley? Surely you don’t expect us put up the proverbial bus without any attacking threat at all? A recipe for disaster imo. 🤷‍♂️
STWall: Tongue in cheek 😉.

However, I expect:

1. NH to play safe and pick, in his opinion, a strong defensive lineup.
2. Huddersfield to dominate possession.
3. Us to have few attempts at goal/on target.

Hope we nick a point or better but I’m expecting a lacklustre defeat because it’s the Millwall way 😭

Last edited:
Murray is injured and will not be in the squad for this one. Whiplash from the rotherham game.
He’s out forever

Getting Flemming and Obafemi playing closer together is not working Neil. They were running into the same spaces together against Rotherham 🤷‍♂️

Getting Flemming and Obafemi playing closer together is not working Neil. They were running into the same spaces together against Rotherham 🤷‍♂️
I think Harris May know a little more about forming a strike partnership than you, and it is an enforced work in progress.

I think Harris May know a little more about forming a strike partnership than you, and it is an enforced work in progress.
Definitely a work in progress.. Cooper header late in the game at Rovrum into the box and 007 and Oba just stood and looked. Cooper had a go at them for not anticipating his header.
To be fair to them though ,they probably expected Cooper to be penalised for a foul.🤣🤣

Hope my confidence isn't betrayed by my gut feeling that this could be another bloody banana skin team for us. It'll be a tough game, but can only get 100% behind NH and the boys to give it their all.
Have a cracking day, all of you faithful making the trip.
LOUD and PROUD, and I hope you're all smiling on the way home.
Safe journey.
MIIIIILLLLLLL.