The premier league

Brave Luton who have apparently tried so hard this season have 6 wins from 37 games, 26 points and conceded 81 goals, the best record out of the 3 promoted clubs.
Must have been fun for their fans.

VAR again...

VAR looked at a Newcastle penalty appeal because a player ended up on the deck after a tackle from behind. Ref said no contact. VAR thought there was no need to overturn the on field decision.. Verdict: no penalty.
:grinning: ⚽

VAR.jpg

Brave Luton who have apparently tried so hard this season have 6 wins from 37 games, 26 points and conceded 81 goals, the best record out of the 3 promoted clubs.
And this is one of the reasons I don't want Millwall to get promoted... week after week humiliation and possibly getting relegated with the least amount of points in history... well we would if the F.A got their own way. No thanks

And this is one of the reasons I don't want Millwall to get promoted... week after week humiliation and possibly getting relegated with the least amount of points in history... well we would if the F.A got their own way. No thanks

But the financial compensation makes a compelling case for enduring a season of humiliation.

But the financial compensation makes a compelling case for enduring a season of humiliation.

Luton made a decent attempt without spending loads of money. They had a couple of bad beatings and a couple of nasty ones, but generally, they were better than both Burnley and Sheffield Utd with very little humiliation, in fact, some games they looked very good (in a Millwall type attitude way).

Now then, next season may be interesting to take note of. They will have money in the bank to spend and may well be better equipped financially and player wise if they make it next time. I get the feeling their brief PL campaign was thought out and the near future well planned.

Luton made a decent attempt without spending loads of money. They had a couple of bad beatings and a couple of nasty ones, but generally, they were better than both Burnley and Sheffield Utd with very little humiliation, in fact, some games they looked very good (in a Millwall type attitude way).

Now then, next season may be interesting to take note of. They will have money in the bank to spend and may well be better equipped financially and player wise if they make it next time. I get the feeling their brief PL campaign was thought out and the near future well planned.

I agree, and if we were to get promoted I would hope that we would follow Luton's example.

The point which I was making was that imo, even if a team does get hammered each week, the financial benefits to the club more than compensate for a season of humiliation on the pitch.

You don't have to be in the PL to get humiliated and be on the end of some beatings. Although not weekly, we've had more than our fair share in the Championship!

:grinning:

I would hate to see us go up and have a season like Derby that year, where we break all the wrong records. Not only do I never want to see us getting thumped on a weekly basis, I worry that bad results would lead to us causing carnage and getting the club into all sorts of long term brother again.

However, I would love the financial stability that a year or 2 in the premier league could provide the club

However, I would love the financial stability that a year or 2 in the premier league could provide the club
History shows that it doesn't normally work like that for most clubs relegated from the Prem.
They seem to throw more and more money at trying to regain Prem status until the parachute payments run out. Then they are stuck with a massive wage bill they cannot sustain and start to go into a massive spiral downwards.
Not all clubs, but many have gone that way.

I'm still happy to pass on the PL tbh... 'Americanised' entertainment

What happens if a season goes well and we go into the last game with a chance of the play-offs, or for that matter, the second half of the last game in a good position? For arguments sake...3-1 up at home? What then, you want the team to throw the second half? I bet you were well happy against Blackburn the season before last.

Last edited:
What happens if a season goes well and we go into the last game with a chance of the play-offs, or for that matter, the second half of the last game in a good position? For arguments sake...3-1 up at home? What then, you want the team to throw the second half? I bet you were well happy against Blackburn the season before last.

If we go up... we go up... beyond my control (obviously), but if I had a choice, I'd be happy were we are... 'real' football, real fans.

I agree, and if we were to get promoted I would hope that we would follow Luton's example.

The point which I was making was that imo, even if a team does get hammered each week, the financial benefits to the club more than compensate for a season of humiliation on the pitch.
Absolutely mate. See my later post.