The premier league

Peckham Lion

Staff member
Becoming a bit of a joke ain't it! Nearly every week at least one team gets clumped for five. Fourteenth placed Nigels are on 40 points- the same amount as Burnley and Sheffield united combined. Sheffield have conceded 100 goals and won three games. Where's the fun in that?

World cup winners and 9th placed West ham getting done for six at home and then five twice in two consecutive away games. Chelsea put six past Everton and then concede five the following week. Those results suggest there's a lot of shit teams in the division and it's far from competitive. It's what you'd expect from the Scottish leagues.

How many of you would suffer a season in Sheffield united or Burnleys shoes because it might set us up for life- which is another debate?

Becoming a bit of a joke ain't it! Nearly every week at least one team gets clumped for five. Fourteenth placed Nigels are on 40 points- the same amount as Burnley and Sheffield united combined. Sheffield have conceded 100 goals and won three games. Where's the fun in that?

World cup winners and 9th placed West ham getting done for six at home and then five twice in two consecutive away games. Chelsea put six past Everton and then concede five the following week. Those results suggest there's a lot of shit teams in the division and it's far from competitive. It's what you'd expect from the Scottish leagues.

How many of you would suffer a season in Sheffield united or Burnleys shoes because it might set us up for life- which is another debate?
Yes noticed that lately, think it's players dont really care for the club and just taking a wage if they ain't got nothing to play for. Hard to say as if we went up we would accept capitulation every week, sit there and clap or cause chaos.

Villa are this season's surprise team in an otherwise predictable league that doesn't hold a lot of interest for me.
Richest league in the world yet has a huge amount of debt racked up by most of the clubs in it and those high wages filter down and affect everyone else.
You do get some good news come out of the league though

Not for me, we are already in the best league in the world where most teams are even and can beat or lose to each other on any given day.

The Premier League is everything that is wrong with Football and has been destroyed by money and greed where average players prostitute themselves for fame and fortune.

I've said this time and time again that I would not want to be the premier league whipping boys week in, week out regardless what money they could throw at us.... what would we have to look forward to? Becoming the lowest scoring/point getting team in the history of football... nah, I'll happily pass on that one thanks!

When I talk to my 'nigel' friends about how I'm glad we are out of that corrupt league... there only response is that I am jealous because we can not get in there.... I seriously can not be bothered to explain myself... I just let them wallow in their ignorance and grin when they get clumped.

PS' And on top of that we'd be under the F.A microscope and don't even get me started on VAR again.

Villa are this season's surprise team in an otherwise predictable league that doesn't hold a lot of interest for me.
Richest league in the world yet has a huge amount of debt racked up by most of the clubs in it and those high wages filter down and affect everyone else.
You do get some good news come out of the league though

They're talking about salary caps/spending limit... it's a start to try and level the playing field but that wouldn't stop them trying to bend/break the rules behind close doors as usual.

A years misery for this is worth it isn’t it P?

I've said this time and time again that I would not want to be the premier league whipping boys week in, week out regardless what money they could throw at us.... what would we have to look forward to? Becoming the lowest scoring/point getting team in the history of football... nah, I'll happily pass on that one thanks!

When I talk to my 'nigel' friends about how I'm glad we are out of that corrupt league... there only response is that I am jealous because we can not get in there.... I seriously can not be bothered to explain myself... I just let them wallow in their ignorance and grin when they get clumped.

PS' And on top of that we'd be under the F.A microscope and don't even get me started on VAR again.
You’ve got “Nigel” friends 🤦‍♂️

I’ll be interested to see Luton’s final accounts after, as expected, they get relegated 🤔

I suspect they’re return to the Championship without debt and financially sound, unlike many that gamble and place their club at risk going forward.

A years misery for this is worth it isn’t it P?
Yep. And would be nice for the Berylsons to maybe have a period where they’re not subsidising us for millions every season?

It wouldn’t be misery anyway. We know what we are. We know we’d get dicked most weeks, but we’d have a laugh, renew a few old acquaintances, visit a few new grounds, then go down again.

Just a season, maybe two, I’d be happy with that. Then back down to the championship which is a far better league anyway.

Not for me, we are already in the best league in the world where most teams are even and can beat or lose to each other on any given day.

The Premier League is everything that is wrong with Football and has been destroyed by money and greed where average players prostitute themselves for fame and fortune.
On the plus side they will all be playing in Saudi soon.

Yep. And would be nice for the Berylsons to maybe have a period where they’re not subsidising us for millions every season?

It wouldn’t be misery anyway. We know what we are. We know we’d get dicked most weeks, but we’d have a laugh, renew a few old acquaintances, visit a few new grounds, then go down again.

Just a season, maybe two, I’d be happy with that. Then back down to the championship which is a far better league anyway.
Agree mate 👍 Misery was ‘tongue in cheek’ 😉

Like to see a season or two in the Premier league just to ruffle a few and give some payback to JB.
At least it will level the field back in the Championship.

every team wants success I'm no different i would love to see us get out of the championship but at what cost not being able to see football on a Saturday
the jonnie came lately getting hold of tickets before real fans the price of everything going up because of success not sure how i would feel if i find my self not getting tickets for a away game cos I'm not what the TV want at games
i guess just give me a team i can be proud of like the one we have at the moment that will do me if we did go up so be it

Haha, yes a funny ol' League. The Nigel's are doing Manure 2-0 (at Half time) and if they can hold out, they are on for their first ever double over them.

Although it pains me to say it, Mateta is some player.
:grinning:

More bbad news Agent Moyes won't be there to guide them to the Premshit trophy and onto the European trophy bad luck spammers 😂