The mighty Lions V The Pilgrims- match thread- Sat 3pm

That was a lovely win to finish off at home. Coops finally getting a header on target too, makes it even sweeter. Stayed to give the players a round of applause, after the TikTokers had been shuffled off the pitch. Think Bart got a decent send off from one and all.

Sav would have been my motm.

Good result and a great after match celebrations Looked like the whole squad was together .
Harris has had a big impact since coming back.
How anyone can doubt him for another go next season is beyond me.
I didn’t see Longman on the lap of honour. Was he there?

plymouth couldn't match us for passion and fight, which is weird because we are technically on the beach and they are fighting for their lives. maybe some of their players want to go down to keep their contracts!
Said exactly the same thing to my boy. I said anyone watching this would think it was us fighting relegation and them were safe. Didn’t seem much urgency or fight from them at all

I got on a few years ago, but only so I could run over to the other stand to see a mate who had just got out after doing an 8 stretch 😆
:grinning:

The only time I got on the pitch was the last game at the Den when I managed to get a seat. I waited so long that by the time I got to the stand the OB had got their shit together and we making a half-hearted attempt to clear us out! Never again!

The only time I got on the pitch was the last game at the Den when I managed to get a seat. I waited so long that by the time I got to the stand the OB had got their shit together and we making a half-hearted attempt to clear us out! Never again!
The only time I’ve gone onto the pitch was Millwall v Peterborough 22 April 1961🤦‍♂️

It was a Division 4 top of the table clash and p*ssing down with rain. I had my younger brother with me on the Ilderton Road terrace, that was crowded, meaning we couldn’t get under cover and were getting drenched. We scored in the first half and hundreds stormed onto the pitch to celebrate. It wasn’t my thing but I saw an opportunity. I grabbed my brother, threw him over the wall and made a beeline for the main stand and shelter from the driving rain for the rest of the game 😉

Last edited:
From BBC match report
“Plymouth's pressing was paying off. Joe Edwards fed Whittaker just after the half-hour mark, and his shot was blocked away for a corner.”
So JE has gone back to his playing days! 🤣

They got excited over a corner? Fuck me, life is tough, desperate and doomy at the bottom end of the country.

Strange travelling to The Den yesterday with nothing on the game - at least for us. Only tension when I got to Paddington and found Bakerloo line out of action. Usually change at Baker Street for Jubilee line to London Bridge or Bermondsey. Went Elizabeth line to Bond Street and then Jubilee! :sorry:

One of the biggest changes in football is state of pitches. looked more like 1st home game than last. Congrats to ground staff :clap: