The mighty Lions V The Pilgrims- match thread- Sat 3pm

h
One of the biggest changes in football is state of pitches. looked more like 1st home game than last.
That's because there's been fuck all football played on it :grinning:

I got to Paddington and found Bakerloo line out of action. Usually change at Baker Street for Jubilee line to London Bridge or Bermondsey. Went Elizabeth line to Bond Street and then Jubilee!
Bus wanker stand aside :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

No problems with kids getting on the pitch to celebrate, but grown men, a bit weird.
You'd have to hope that the firm supplying the stewards weren't being paid by results. There must have been one every couple of feet and didn't manage to stop one person getting onto the pitch!

You'd have to hope that the firm supplying the stewards weren't being paid by results. There must have been one every couple of feet and didn't manage to stop one person getting onto the pitch!
The stewards opened the terrace gates to allow fans onto the pitch.

They were clearly acting to instructions. I didn’t approve, especially when some idiots starting fighting on the pitch, but overall I thought it worked quite well, allow onto the pitch, have some fun, clear the pitch without too much hassle enabling the presentations to be made and the team to parade👍

Glad to see lurch was there to sort it out 😂
One bloke giving it big on the pitch got a right clump when he was herded into the corner:

Glad to see lurch was there to sort it out 😂
One bloke giving it big on the pitch got a right clump when he was herded into the corner:
Saw that, his arms were going like a bird when he was on the pitch. We just knew a clump was coming 🫣

Popped into the Windsor after the game, you could just feel the Wall ness in there
Had any coach/team desended into that pub after the game it would only have ended one way.

They never do. Just the club adhering to police demands. Can you imagine the scenes if they started putting their hands on kids trying to get on? It's a tough one for the club but they're no different to any other club when it comes to pitch encroachment. It is actually against the law to go onto the playing area. It's a bit of pantomime/ cat and mouse at the end of the day.

I leave on the final whistle and can't be fucked to watch grown men running on and then the inevitable fronting of the away fans in the upper tier. It's cringe worthy. It's also why we couldn't give Plymouth the lower tier. More potential income down the pan.

I have no problem with the youngens running on. Most of us have done it. I tore a few pair of jeans on several occasions at the old place with those fucking spikes but we got on.

I have no problem with the youngens running on. Most of us have done it. I tore a few pair of jeans on several occasions at the old place with those fucking spikes but we got on.

I've only run onto the pitch once, and that was at the old place back in 1967.
I was ten and along with quite a few other kids around the same age, jogged up alongside Norman, the Ref, just to get his autograph (we all knew his name).

In true Referee fashion, Mr Burtenshaw thought he was a cut above us all and refused autographs. Instead, he made a dash for the tunnel. Unfortunately, he tripped over his laces and went arse over tit. Of course, even back then the media were all over Millwall looking for a story. It goes without saying that all us kids got the blame.

:whist:

Popped into the Windsor after the game, you could just feel the Wall ness in there
Was in there too for a do for one of our chaps. Proper crew and faces in there mate. Was in full swing when i slipped away.

Had any coach/team desended into that pub after the game it would only have ended one way.
Indeed. OB plotted right outside and eyeballing us as though they don't already know most of us.

Last edited:
My lad is taking credit for Coopers goal. He walked out with him on Saturday, and down the tunnel he told him to head one in for a change, Coops replied ill try to... he went mad when he actually did! Wished I stuck a fiver on it!
He had a few efforts Saturday, and about time he found the onion bag again. Fantastic day, lad has his shirt signed by everyone barring Danny Mac (I can possibly get that done) and Cooper of all people! Unsure whether a trip to the training ground and get them for him?

My lad is taking credit for Coopers goal. He walked out with him on Saturday, and down the tunnel he told him to head one in for a change, Coops replied ill try to... he went mad when he actually did! Wished I stuck a fiver on it!
He had a few efforts Saturday, and about time he found the onion bag again. Fantastic day, lad has his shirt signed by everyone barring Danny Mac (I can possibly get that done) and Cooper of all people! Unsure whether a trip to the training ground and get them for him?

Great story. Your lad's first step to management glory.

He didn’t get Joe Bryan’s either.

He didn’t get Joe Bryan’s either.
No, I probably should've said everyone he wanted. He got 11 but missed Danny Mac and Coopers, who was the last 2 he wanted.

Club was great with the mascots I must say, and whoever has a little'un or grandchild and fancy doing it, its a great experience for them.

No, I probably should've said everyone he wanted. He got 11 but missed Danny Mac and Coopers, who was the last 2 he wanted.

Club was great with the mascots I must say, and whoever has a little'un or grandchild and fancy doing it, its a great experience for them.
It’s not cheap though is it mate, but that said good value. 👍