The facts and stats

champs08

Well, apologies in advance for the stat wankery. But I had to check this out.

In the last calendar year, Rowett vs Edwards stats: -

Rowett - played 33 won 10 drawn 9 lost 14
Goals for 33 against 43
Ave points per game - 1.18 = 54 points over 46 games - safety.

Edwards - played 18 won 4 drawn 4 lost 10
Goals for 18 against 22
Ave points per game - 0.88 = 40 points over 46 games - relegation.

Interestingly both only managed 1 goal per game, which in my opinion is our main problem and has been for ages - no shit Sherlock.

So, if we lose tomorrow - the board would have every right to sack Edwards, simply down to the fact his form is relegation confirmed.

What a fkin depressing plight.

Let’s hope we stuff Wednesday tomorrow and put this shit behind us.

At best we might be able to beat SW but only because they are even worse than we are atm... however, i wouldn't expect the 'win streak' to continue afterwards.

IMO the games in bold below where the sort of games we'd have won with Rowett in charge given their current position. Let's see how many 'Super Joe' wins?

Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton
Watford
Blackburn Rovers
Birmingham City

Leeds United
West Bromwich Albion
Rotherham United
Huddersfield Town

Leicester City
Cardiff City
Sunderland
Plymouth Argyle
Swansea City

IMO the games in bold below where the sort of games we'd have won with Rowett in charge given their current position. Let's see how many 'Super Joe' wins?

Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton
Watford
Blackburn Rovers
Birmingham City

Leeds United
West Bromwich Albion
Rotherham United
Huddersfield Town

Leicester City
Cardiff City
Sunderland
Plymouth Argyle
Swansea City
Based on last season when we were playing better and getting some results 🤷‍♂️:

Sheffield Wednesday (not played)
Blackburn lost
Birmingham draw
Rotherham draw
Huddersfield lost
Plymouth (not played)
Swansea draw

Rose tinted spectacles me thinks 🤔

At best we might be able to beat SW but only because they are even worse than we are atm... however, i wouldn't expect the 'win streak' to continue afterwards.

Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton
Watford
Blackburn Rovers
Birmingham City

Leeds United
West Bromwich Albion
Rotherham United
Huddersfield Town

Leicester City
Cardiff City
Sunderland
Plymouth Argyle
Swansea City
add cardiff at home - they are in freefall

once we get past southamtpon and watford, I dare say we would have one of the easier run ins with just Leicester and Leeds (maybe sunderland away) where we have no chance. WBA at home is winnable even if we are shit - the rest are bottom 8 sides

add cardiff at home - they are in freefall

once we get past southamtpon and watford, I dare say we would have one of the easier run ins with just Leicester and Leeds (maybe sunderland away) where we have no chance. WBA at home is winnable even if we are shit - the rest are bottom 8 sides
Old cliche, one game at a time 😉

Based on last season when we were playing better and getting some results 🤷‍♂️:

Sheffield Wednesday (not played)
Blackburn lost
Birmingham draw
Rotherham draw
Huddersfield lost
Plymouth (not played)
Swansea draw

Rose tinted spectacles me thinks 🤔
Not compared to games we played last year.. as in proximity of teams in the area.

Well, apologies in advance for the stat wankery. But I had to check this out.

In the last calendar year, Rowett vs Edwards stats: -

Rowett - played 33 won 10 drawn 9 lost 14
Goals for 33 against 43
Ave points per game - 1.18 = 54 points over 46 games - safety.

Edwards - played 18 won 4 drawn 4 lost 10
Goals for 18 against 22
Ave points per game - 0.88 = 40 points over 46 games - relegation.

Interestingly both only managed 1 goal per game, which in my opinion is our main problem and has been for ages - no shit Sherlock.

So, if we lose tomorrow - the board would have every right to sack Edwards, simply down to the fact his form is relegation confirmed.

What a fkin depressing plight.

Let’s hope we stuff Wednesday tomorrow and put this shit behind us.
This is what one average striker playing up front on his own gets you!
Yet we still persist with it, baffling!!

We have now gone a good few seasons where we never replaced Steve Morrison and Gregory and hence we still have this major problem.why we never looked in div1 & div 2 for a couple of strikers is beyond belief because we will never have millions to spend on a top class striker. Even Rowett did not sort this problem out.

Not compared to games we played last year.. as in proximity of teams in the area.
Huddersfield, Rotherham and Birmingham were below us last season and we managed 2 draws and a home defeat ☹️

Blackburn were doing much better than this year and Swansea were mid-table so I don’t follow your logic that results we failed to achieve last season that GR, if still in charge, would improve on this🤷‍♂️

Also, I can’t remember a season when we’ve been so badly impacted by injuries!

Last edited:

Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton
Watford
Blackburn Rovers
Birmingham City

Leeds United
West Bromwich Albion
Rotherham United
Huddersfield Town

Leicester City
Cardiff City
Sunderland
Plymouth Argyle
Swansea City
Yeah but Sheff Wed don't have JE managing them so they ain't worse than us are they geezer. Said from the start he'd take us down. Always hoped I was wrong snd still do. Worst manager in the EFL. Least experienced manager in the EFL

Members online