THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

This Morecambe lad can play left-wing back. A position I think we need strengthening. Bryan hasn't really worked out.
I have been blaming him lately and haven’t been his biggest fan. However, Saturday was an eye opener for me. Cooper was more to blame.

Bryan is told to advance beyond the half way line. Loose ball in to the middle, they collect it and Cooper is within touching distance of Harding leaving a huge gap down our left side for them to exploit. Lo and behold the ball gets slotted down that side, Cooper can’t get across in time and they score.

If you’re going to play with wing backs you need intelligent and (very importantly) mobile centre backs who are comfortable 1v1 and can get out to a winger.

Not got time to see if this is already up.

MILLWALL are working on a deal for Morecambe attacker Adam Mayor.
The Lions hope to make Mayor, 18, their third signing of the transfer window after he had a medical at the club today.

Fresh reports this morning also indicate that the player has passed a medical ahead of joining Joe Edwards’ side

The Lions hope to make Mayor, 18, their third signing of the transfer window after he had a medical at the club today.

Fresh reports this morning also indicate that the player has passed a medical ahead of joining Joe Edwards’ side
Would seem like only a matter of time until the club announce it, even if it falls through it is nice to see the club doing it's work once again in private.
Man in the car park been too busy directing uber eats around to see who has been coming and going.

Last edited:
I guess the million dollar question is going to be, is Joe buying him as one for the future (and therefore will put him straight out on loan to a higher league 1 club to get better experience), or take a chance and throw him into the first team in a forthcoming match?

I have been blaming him lately and haven’t been his biggest fan. However, Saturday was an eye opener for me. Cooper was more to blame.

Bryan is told to advance beyond the half way line. Loose ball in to the middle, they collect it and Cooper is within touching distance of Harding leaving a huge gap down our left side for them to exploit. Lo and behold the ball gets slotted down that side, Cooper can’t get across in time and they score.

If you’re going to play with wing backs you need intelligent and (very importantly) mobile centre backs who are comfortable 1v1 and can get out to a winger.

I agree to an extent, but if the opposition is targeting an area of the pitch then it's down to the players and the manager to stop it. Teams target that space because it's usually Cooper or Murray playing there and neither are suited to being on the left of a back three because they lack pace. The answer is make sure one of the two central midfielders always have half an eye on the space and try to fill it. If we are playing three CBs and two sitting midfielders then there is no excuse for getting exposed on the break. It's basically down to being organised.

I would also say that Bryan has been ineffective in an attacking sense. One of his strengths is crossing the ball and yet he hardly ever does so.

I agree to an extent, but if the opposition is targeting an area of the pitch then it's down to the players and the manager to stop it. Teams target that space because it's usually Cooper or Murray playing there and neither are suited to being on the left of a back three because they lack pace. The answer is make sure one of the two central midfielders always have half an eye on the space and try to fill it. If we are playing three CBs and two sitting midfielders then there is no excuse for getting exposed on the break. It's basically down to being organised.

I would also say that Bryan has been ineffective in an attacking sense. One of his strengths is crossing the ball and yet he hardly ever does so.
Murray is surely more agile than Cooper, he’d be my choice. He started to look leggy because he was playing so much at wing back, in the cameos since he has looked fresh and tries to contribute in the final third.

Bryan has scored a few goals, and I know he has more quality than he is showing in terms of his crossing, but bar Saturdays goal I can’t remember the last time we had more than one man in the box to aim at.

Rich Cawley confirms he has signed.

Just been told we wanted lad who went to Hull Noah Ohio, also gilchrist at Chelsea but both unable to get over the line.

Bryan ineffective in an attacking sense = 2 goals and 1 assist 🤔

Members online