THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Probably the right call in moving Burey on. He hasn't helped himself in many ways, but by the same token the way some of our fans turned on him was disgraceful.

I hope letting him go doesn't come back to bite us on the arse. I don't think it will.
It will.

Probably the right call in moving Burey on. He hasn't helped himself in many ways, but by the same token the way some of our fans turned on him was disgraceful.

I hope letting him go doesn't come back to bite us on the arse. I don't think it will.
Your “hasn’t helped himself in many ways,” bit is true, in that he never tracked back, never put a tackle in, never seemed to head a ball properly! All of that, along with terrible decision making and you had a player that promised so much, but delivered very little! It was understandable how, in many games, he frustrated the hell out of so many Wall supporters!

God knows we’ve had our fair share of average and below average players down the years, but a lot of them were triers, but Burey just seemed so disinterested in many of the games he played in, and “going through the motions” is not what a Wall supporter wants to see in one of their players (whether they’re playing home or away!)

I get that supporters turning on him wasn’t good during a game, but by the same token, here you have a player than can excite the home support with his pace, but more often than not, the end result didn’t live up to the initial expectation! Burey didn’t help himself when he responded to the supporters in kind, and I think a lot of us on here thought that that would be the final straw to break the camel’s back, and like Romeo before him, it would be better for both player and club to just part ways! That now seems to be what is happening!

Maybe a league 1 manager will deploy him differently, and get something out of him that Rowett couldn’t! He could very easily terrorise league 1 defenders with his pace, and be a good player, but he has to want to apply himself more, otherwise he’ll end up in league 2 at AFC Wimbledon, and wonder how his footballing career never went anywhere!

Re: Burey

I have it on very good authority that he was trouble and it was inevitable the club would move him on!

In for Lewis Travis, Blackburn captain?

Good age, experienced in the division, central midfielder and right-back and apparently loves a tackle.

He's their skipper and contracted until 2026. Will cost a few quid, probably too much for us , unless we are selling someone?

Yep, bit out of the blue, but Blackburn fans are the ones talking about it so it seems to have some legs. Travis apparently fell out with the manager last season. £2million minimum fee as he has three years left on his contract.

Again, I don't know any of this for sure but it's largely the Blackburn fans mentioning it. What I would say is that if we are in for him then that would be two players coming in for nearly £4million. Seems Berylson is not fucking around.