THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

but like afobi last season.
He didn't make a u turn the club wanted him off the wage bill.

Lucky to get rid of him
Yes that's correct. We were very lucky to get rid of out top goal scorer. Should have binned off Bradshaw and Flemming as well. Who needs goals eh!

You never liked a bloke that scored goals for us and played for the team. I can't think for the life of me why,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

Coventry had 2 players in the England U20 team beaten in the current World Cup quarterfinal, on-loan from Arsenal and Man City. Both in their playoff starting lineup and played at least 90 minutes.

I appreciate Cresswell came good but as a rule we struggle to get loan players of this quality.

Why?

I think a lot of it is down to GR’s style of football and all the time he remains our manager this will continue 🤷‍♂️
We got Ballard, Creswell, we have improved them which will do us no harm.

We got Ballard, Creswell, we have improved them which will do us no harm.
Both centre halfs though mate, the frontline and creativity is what we need, Sunderland had that kid from man u as well as the everton lad on loan up front not sure what I'm trying to say to be honest just I think for every 10 good centre halfs out there, theres only 1 forward, we have had on loan quality centre forwards before kane, Chris wood ect but if your coached by a defensive manager prem clubs probably more willing to send there defender's there and Visa versa

Both centre halfs though mate,
Yes mate, i think it's area that parent clubs know there player will get a good coaching. There's a reason we never got technichally adept attacking players on loan when Harris was here and quite possibly when Rowett is with us. iI's not an area that the manager or coaches can help the loaneee improve on. Plus our style such as long ball the bypasses the midfield.

Perhaps if we had people like Morrison working with both our own youth, senoirs and any loan strikers we'd get a better type of loan. Premier clubs ain't going to send a developing striker to play our physical and demanding type of football. That hasn't really happened since Kenny Jackett left us!

what about that van veen geezer we were going to get till he signed for scunthorpe then on to Motherwell and scored in their last twelve or so games he’s dutch or am i talking double dutch if he teams up with Flemming

The player we are after is Sydney Van Hooijdonk of Bologna. I would liken him to former Chelsea striker Tore andre Flo, who played for them @ 20 years ago .
He is currently on loan at sc Heerenveen in Holland. We tried to do a deal in January, but couldn't get it done due to his current loan situation. Only after that did we try to get Nesbit.
The problem now is that he has gone on a scoring spree and is one of the top scorers in the eredivise. He is also being linked with Forest, although that may be due to the fact his father played for them.
After the success of Flemming don't be surprised if we sign a couple more from Holland.
Ole Romeny of Fc Emmen, is a name I've heard mentioned. This is the club Mikel Kieftenbeld went to, he is a goal scoring winger and out of contract.
Vaclav Cerny is another name, a Czech right sided player of Fc Twente.

Last edited:
Ole Romeny of Fc Emmen, is a name I've heard mentioned.
It's quite possible that we'll sign him. Have been told by a reliable source that we are interested in him.

After the success of Flemming don't be surprised if we sign a couple more from Holland.
And further afield. It's the way forward for a club with our spending power. Buy low, put them in the window, hope they perform and sell for a decent profit and go again.

Flemmings value will have increased since he came, it would ahve quadrupled had we got promoted. It's what Brentford and Brighton do and are very successful at it. Brighton go down the south american/ non europe route. They sold a defender to Chelseas for £50 million after paying £18 million for him a year prior to that.

It's quite possible that we'll sign him. Have been told by a reliable source that we are interested in him.

And further afield. It's the way forward for a club with our spending power. Buy low, put them in the window, hope they perform and sell for a decent profit and go again.

Flemmings value will have increased since he came, it would ahve quadrupled had we got promoted. It's what Brentford and Brighton do and are very successful at it. Brighton go down the south american/ non europe route. They sold a defender to Chelseas for £50 million after paying £18 million for him a year prior to that.
Latest report from Holland is that he is signing for Utrecht now.

Man in car park is starting whispers on Scott Twine coming in on a season long loan. Highly rated Burnley attacking midfielder. Scores a few goals too.
Cheating diving horrible cunt.

Good player though and does score a fair few. Probably worth a punt. Better option than Nisbet