THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

If Burnley are willing to pay £18M-£20M for Flemming (and with his goals from midfield he has to be worth at least £15M to a Prem club), wonder if Rowett would go in for Cresswell at £6M?

He could still have £12M-£14M left over after buying him (although not all of that would go on transfers, granted), and there would still be a sizeable amount left over to buy more gems like Flemming from abroad, and repeat the buy/sell process again!

In a couple of years time, if Cresswell’s trajectory is still on point, buying him for £6M would be seen as a bargain for what we could eventually get for him!

Fleming ain’t worth 10 million in my opinion. So if we get say over 6 say give the rest to the OAP in local area so they can eat and heat. Football turned into a joke, see arsenal bid over 100 million for rice. And we have people living in poverty on the streets and in 1 room. Pension now is about 2 a week. Try living on that. Sorry for rant.

Fleming ain’t worth 10 million in my opinion. So if we get say over 6 say give the rest to the OAP in local area so they can eat and heat. Football turned into a joke, see arsenal bid over 100 million for rice. And we have people living in poverty on the streets and in 1 room. Pension now is about 2 a week. Try living on that. Sorry for rant.

Are footballers or football clubs responsible for running the country? Our club has probably done more to help those in the community (lions food hub, coffee mornings, etc) than the government have. If your going to have a go, direct it at the right target.

Are footballers or football clubs responsible for running the country? Our club has probably done more to help those in the community (lions food hub, coffee mornings, etc) than the government have. If your going to have a go, direct it at the right target.
Who was I having a go at?. Just an observation in my mind or opinion. My blame would be at sky and arabs

Food banks .......????????

They are shops that give out free food

Open shops that give away free cameras, shoes, tents..... whatever. And they would be just as busy.....

Ellis Simms

According to Football Insider, the Toffees have rejected a £4 million bid from Ipswich for the striker, who is receiving interest from a number of Championship clubs after his loan spell with Sunderland. Stoke City and Middlesbrough are also keen on Simms, while the Black Cats are interested in bringing him back as well.

doesn’t look like we’ll be getting him.

Ellis Simms

According to Football Insider, the Toffees have rejected a £4 million bid from Ipswich for the striker, who is receiving interest from a number of Championship clubs after his loan spell with Sunderland. Stoke City and Middlesbrough are also keen on Simms, while the Black Cats are interested in bringing him back as well.

I think we enquired last season. Don’t know how high up on the player or Everton’s list of priorities we were… but I don’t think either were keen by the looks of things.

He fits the mould of someone we need - fairly quick, tall, strong, holds the ball up quite well and makes things stick, can roll a defender and has decent feet.

I think we enquired last season. Don’t know how high up on the player or Everton’s list of priorities we were… but I don’t think either were keen by the looks of things.

He fits the mould of someone we need - fairly quick, tall, strong, holds the ball up quite well and makes things stick, can roll a defender and has decent feet.
The scousers recalled him from Sunderland at the end of 2022 (where he had scored 7 goals in 17 apps), but only managed his one and only goal for the Toffees, in March 2023, and clearly didn’t do enough otherwise his side wouldn’t have been staring at relegation on the last day of the season!

Ipswich must have money to burn and waste if they think this bloke is worth £4M of their hard earned, and the scousers must be totally deluded if they think they would be getting anywhere near that sort of money for him!

We should and can do better (probably from abroad and no doubt half the price of Ellis and twice the better player!)

Last edited:
wonder if Rowett would go in for Cresswell at £6M?
I'd say no chance, it would be most if not all our budget gone on one player. We need goals and some flair in midfield before we need a centre half. Hutchinson still has a season or two in him at this level i reckon.

Is Cresswell even for sale? Would have thought he'd be first choice now Leeds have dropped down a division.

I'd say no chance, it would be most if not all our budget gone on one player. We need goals and some flair in midfield before we need a centre half. Hutchinson still has a season or two in him at this level i reckon.

Is Cresswell even for sale? Would have thought he'd be first choice now Leeds have dropped down a division.
I’d of thought so to, but Leeds have delusions of grandeur and I wouldn’t be surprised if they preferred some foreign signing with no championship experience over one of their own.

Turning out currently for England U21's................. with his head bandaged, just for a change. 😂😂
Would love to have him back. 🦁🦁

Ellis Simms

We've got more chance of signing Ellie Simmonds!!