The contrast between our home and away results

Pressure of playing at home, where we in history are expected to win at our supposed nasty place to play. If we don’t score early teams grow in confidence. Ok one thought on set up. Like to see a midfield general so to speak stamp his authority on the middle of the pitch. A Viera type player who just holds the middle , breaks up play and starts attacks. Someone with great tackling ability and can find a teammate 10 yards forward. For me leonard fits my bill. The times teams stroll through our middle is unacceptable to get hold of a game. Lenny is quick and strong, but would also need brains in front of him.
Agree, if we went to a back four of Danny, Wes, Jake and Bryan, Lenny could join Casper to make a really effective central midfield combination 👍

Reactions: SEL
Agree, if we went to a back four of Danny, Wes, Jake and Bryan, Lenny could join Casper to make a really effective central midfield combination 👍
I think Lenny could be a colossus in the middle for us, sees a pass too like Casper. But he needs to stay there and protect that part of the field

Stats and facts don’t lie. After ten games we are one point ahead of where we were after eleven games last season. Three points tomorrow puts us exactly four points ahead at the international break. Yes, I know the football served up at times is abysmal but FFS we are nine games in had numerous injuries to key players and I don’t care what anyone says we historically always been generally slow starters. The conspiracy theories about GR having lost the dressing room were firmly put to bed on Tuesday in the 2nd half as no team that doesn’t want to play for the manager would have thrown in the towel.

This division is crazy and even more unpredictable than ever, look at the results and moreover the lack of teams showing any sign of consistency. Only Ipswich and Leicester have any consistency at this point, the nine game marker. WBA have shot into 5th…..how….a draw against us and two wins has propelled them. A win tomorrow could put us just outside the play off places.

Let’s behind the team and GR and see where we are come Christmas, if we are struggling then I think that’s the time to make back room changes when a new manager would have a transfer window to work with.
COYL

Last edited:
That's partly my take on it too. We absorb to much pressure at home and use the counter attack well away from home. If only we could sort out our home form we'd be play off places material.
This! Rowett’s football is geared towards away performances, it just doesn’t work at home, when we’re meant to be on the front foot. Got to change it at home, like when Jago used to play Salvage as an extre winger at home and drop him for away games. As Peckham says, sort out the home form and we’d be play off material.

I agree with Luckymart I.that our build is far too pedantic. Gives teams to organise their defence.

Bradford,
Had a right old battle with them at there's back in the 80's. They also turned up at the Barnaby with a tidy nlittle mob that came off a coach. Was with a load of Peckham wackers and some of our Turkish boys, they got properly weighed in on Ilderton road.