The battle of highbury

Well I did go with my son, turned up without a ticket and got into the north bank, they wouldn’t walk us round to the away end. didn’t see any trouble. Was good in those times to just turn up at a game and pay on the gate

Good firm were Arsenal and unlike the Essex tramps they didn't make noise or dine out on it. Always respected them.

They had the better of us over there on the Saturday game cause we split up when we should have stayed where we were and let em come to us. Ginger Bob made the call and off many of us marched. Wrong move cause we got it from all angles at Highbury corner. Completely outnumbered, those of that stood took a kicking. Plenty of little bits pre match when we came from Archway and down the Holloway road. That was a good mob that left the Charlie Chaplin that morning.

Different kettle of fish when we done the bear and his mob at the Rising sun/ Old kent road when they came to us. The game in 93/ new den was a mixed bunch. My lot did alright on Rotherhithe new road and Silwood ( yours truly ) ironed out an oncoming gooner with the finest drop kick i've ever delivered. Plus a couple of clumps for prosperity :hehe:

Good firm were Arsenal and unlike the Essex tramps they didn't make noise or dine out on it. Always respected them.

They had the better of us over there on the Saturday game cause we split up when we should have stayed where we were and let em come to us. Ginger Bob made the call and off many of us marched. Wrong move cause we got it from all angles at Highbury corner. Completely outnumbered, those of that stood took a kicking. Plenty of little bits pre match when we came from Archway and down the Holloway road. That was a good mob that left the Charlie Chaplin that morning.

Different kettle of fish when we done the bear and his mob at the Rising sun/ Old kent road when they came to us. The game in 93/ new den was a mixed bunch. My lot did alright on Rotherhithe new road and Silwood ( yours truly ) ironed out an oncoming gooner with the finest drop kick i've ever delivered. Plus a couple of clumps for prosperity :hehe:
Always rated Arsenal when it mattered. They went off the radar after mid-90s and that seems to have led to an unfair verdict on them in some quarters but I've seen them in action a few times, mainly against Man U (both at Highbury and OT where they did very well on Deansgate) but also on an excellent night when they held the North Bank when Villa played QPR in some League Cup replay. No mugs.

Always rated Arsenal when it mattered. They went off the radar after mid-90s and that seems to have led to an unfair verdict on them in some quarters but I've seen them in action a few times, mainly against Man U (both at Highbury and OT where they did very well on Deansgate) but also on an excellent night when they held the North Bank when Villa played QPR in some League Cup replay. No mugs.
They gave the Essex tramps a torrid time on a few occasions back when it mattered mate. Very much like us in make up in a way with black chaps, turkish, Irish parentage lads along with English of course. Good few out of our manor as well- Walworth back in the day. I'm good mates with a roader who's a gooner but also ran with us on occasions.

A top fella, black chap DW- Was a DJ and put me to work on the circuit as a 17 year old. He did the Bermondsey pubs and was well respected so opened many doors for me. I think i told you already that a few of us Peckham lot went with the Gooners anytime they had the Essex tramps and Chelsea. Also went with some Walworth Chelsea when they played the tramps. Must have gone 6-8 games and not once did the tramps come out on top with either mob. I've seen Cassandra licking the tarmac more times than he care to admit to. Out cold on Kings road at the bang of a gong he was, it had only just gone off. And yes of course i did :grinning: 👞

They gave the Essex tramps a torrid time on a few occasions back when it mattered mate. Very much like us in make up in a way with black chaps, turkish, Irish parentage lads along with English of course. Good few out of our manor as well- Walworth back in the day. I'm good mates with a roader who's a gooner but also ran with us on occasions.

A top fella, black chap DW- Was a DJ and put me to work on the circuit as a 17 year old. He did the Bermondsey pubs and was well respected so opened many doors for me. I think i told you already that a few of us Peckham lot went with the Gooners anytime they had the Essex tramps and Chelsea. Also went with some Walworth Chelsea when they played the tramps. Must have gone 6-8 games and not once did the tramps come out on top with either mob. I've seen Cassandra licking the tarmac more times than he care to admit to. Out cold on Kings road at the bang of a gong he was, it had only just gone off. And yes of course i did :grinning: 👞
But, but, but 40 years undefeated. I'm confused👀

I know that 'Wildflower Pub'. I drank there a few times, it was the local drug dealing hangout as well. It wasn't just Arsenal lads that got in there, there were quite a few unsavoury characters and villain's that visited the place. Fuck me, I saw some right scraps in there. I played Bass in a funk band on Sunday nights in 'The Barge Pole' just up the road, which was another dump they all visited.

The OB (uniform & plain clothes from Shooters Hill) showed up a few times at both places. If I remember correctly, the Heavy Mob visited a couple of times as well.
:grinning:

The Wildflower is now a Church...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

se28_wildflower.jpg

Last edited:

i know a few of their boys big Andy is still a mate have a beer with him now and then. was in the middle of it at the little park you had to walk though to get to the away end.
one of my pals who is a London red got in a bit of a whole with D over some bird they turned up mob handed to one of our watering holes in east London fun and games that night

respect to them,they sent tiny a reef. i know a old face of theirs and always stated that south london arsenal wass always at logger heads with north london,abit of inner frim fighting.