That’s us done then

After the Preston game Rowett was quoted as saying "I nearly started Esse",coupled with the fact (imo) Burke turned in one of the worse performances I've seen from one of our players this season,I can't fathom out his thinking in sticking with Burke 6/10 for me and giving Esse 10 mins in which he caused problems,I find it hard to believe he thinks Burke is a better defensive option(he ain't)And Danny Mc made a schoolboy error for the goal.
need to chance Esse to draw the pressure/markers away from Bradshaw!
who knows he might even score!
The lad in centre midfield for Brum last night was 17. If you are good enough, you are old enough.

The lad in centre midfield for Brum last night was 17. If you are good enough, you are old enough.

Jobe Bellingham, brother of Jude who some in the know think may well turn out to be better than his brother so a bit unfair to compare him to our players.

Your overall point is right though, but then again young Bellingham is playing for a club where the fans will back him and support him while he develops. Our youngsters on the other hand have to play in front of some proper arseholes who think it’s ok to boo a young lad before he’s even touched the ball.

Win our last 3 games. It sounds so easy,

not with this team and as we have Wigan next, where we rarely get any joy, I don’t think we will.

Besides do we really want to watch us get done by Luton in the play offs
If by some miracle we do make the playoffs it looks highly likely we would play Luton .
Two draws against them this season probably were fair results, maybe we just shaded the home game with both teams having chances to win both. Don’t think we could be anymore evenly matched. I can’t even contemplate losing against them.

Jobe Bellingham, brother of Jude who some in the know think may well turn out to be better than his brother so a bit unfair to compare him to our players.

Your overall point is right though, but then again young Bellingham is playing for a club where the fans will back him and support him while he develops. Our youngsters on the other hand have to play in front of some proper arseholes who think it’s ok to boo a young lad before he’s even touched the ball.
Agreed, wasn't a like for like comparison, more an example of you dont know unless you try. Has to be worth a punt at starting him, even if its for an hour and replace him with Burkes pace for the final 30. 🤷‍♂️

Being the younger Bellingham must come with some added pressure as well. Some pretty big boots to fill...

not with this team and as we have Wigan next, where we rarely get any joy, I don’t think we will.

If we have to lose in the final, I’d rather it be to Boro than fucking Luton!

I mean Luton! FFS! 🤣

See my post above.

It's more or less the same side that's got us into this position, we're just lacking where it matters most. No one can say we're not creating because the stats will tell you different. Our bad luck in January is coming back to haunt us. Doubt that Rowett will do it but i wouldn't mind seeing two up front with Vogle or whatever his name is playing centarl and in a two with Bradshaw. He who dares and all that.
You’re right, we are creating, but as we all seem pretty much in agreement with, it’s the finished product that‘s letting us down!

Even if he doesn’t change the formation, Rowett could change the tactics a bit. When there’s a corner, have Cooper perched on the edge of the penalty box and see if two opposition defenders go with him (in case he suddenly makes a run forwards towards the goal) then, when he doesn’t, that’s pulling two defenders away from the pack, allowing our players more room to get off a shot or header! I mean, Cooper is so heavily marked these days, it’s not as if he’s scoring as much as he used to! Why not get him contributing to something else which might get us a goal now and then?

Brum had a corner last night which we cleared straight to Burke, who was off on a run as quick as! He’d got over the half way line and there still wasn’t any of his team mates sprinting up alongside him to receive the ball! Why not keep, say, Flemming high up the pitch? Not only does it force one or two defenders to mark him as the corner is taken, but like last night, if Burke gets away with the ball, he has Flemming as an outlet! It’s just stuff like that other teams have been doing for years, because it can be effective! All of these tactics could be tried out on the training field! OK, these tactics might not work, but at least its trying something different to what we’ve done before, because at the moment, opposing teams are sussing us out and nothing seems to be working!

Even if he doesn’t change the formation, Rowett could change the tactics a bit. When there’s a corner, have Cooper perched on the edge of the penalty box and see if two opposition defenders go with him (in case he suddenly makes a run forwards towards the goal) then, when he doesn’t, that’s pulling two defenders away from the pack, allowing our players more room to get off a shot or header! I mean, Cooper is so heavily marked these days, it’s not as if he’s scoring as much as he used to! Why not get him contributing to something else which might get us a goal now and then?
Agreed and he's a marked man in more ways than one, you often see the ref focussed on him when we have a corner. Lost count of how manay times he's had a free kick given against him and cheap ones at that. Need to try something else!

That's how i see it. Plus, historically poor results against struggling or so called lesser teams. Remember the Everton game, put three past a premiership side with a hundred million worth of talent on the pitch then draw a blank at home to lowly Rotherham the following week.

HittingHitting
Psychological head game.

Psychological head game.
Yep which transfers itself to us fans. The madness of it! Walking down Ilderton road about to face Leicester, Everton etc in the cup and i'm confident that we'll win. Walking down the Ilderton road about to play bloody Roherham, Barnsley or Wigan and i'm thinking/ expecting us to lose. No rhyme nor reason to it is there mate!

Last edited:
GR has done well. Just needs to not wait till 7 minutes from the end to sort the subs. Anything under 20 minutes from the end is a waste of time.
Trouble is we were creating more chances before the substitutions were made, Whatmore was useless & Bennet should have played out wide with maybe Cooper up front

Agreed, wasn't a like for like comparison, more an example of you dont know unless you try. Has to be worth a punt at starting him, even if its for an hour and replace him with Burkes pace for the final 30. 🤷‍♂️

Being the younger Bellingham must come with some added pressure as well. Some pretty big boots to fill...
Birmingham played TWO under 18 players, Jordon James was the other one, Esse must have noticed due to Bellingham also playing with him in the England under 18 squad.

Esse is seeing young talent given the nod to play full games while he gets cameo appearances where he has no time to get the pace of the game and to suss out the players he is against and he could well get itchy feet if an offer of first team football comes along from elsewhere, which it will.

I think if by some chance we end up in the playoffs and face Luton we will do them over 2 legs...

As for subs,Preston 2-0 down against us manager makes 3 subs gives 20 mins to try and make difference,came to fuck all but tried to make a go of it.
subs against Brum !10 mins if your lucky just about get i:nto pace of game we need to win and we 're at HOME FFS.As well as like for like sub a front man for a front man surely all out for last 10 ! 2 even 3 up front we were fucked anyway unless he's relying on goal difference!
Don't get the mindset!

Birmingham played TWO under 18 players, Jordon James was the other one, Esse must have noticed due to Bellingham also playing with him in the England under 18 squad.

Esse is seeing young talent given the nod to play full games while he gets cameo appearances where he has no time to get the pace of the game and to suss out the players he is against and he could well get itchy feet if an offer of first team football comes along from elsewhere, which it will.
This is a worry with any of our U21’s getting game time, especially if the game time isn’t much! Other managers could look at Esse and see enough to take a punt on him, put him in their 1st 11 and start him from the off! Esse, in turn, is thankful for having a manager that believes he can start a game, and repays that belief by having a stormer, leaving Wall supporters thinking, “Now why didn’t we do that when he played for us?”

Same thing happened with Zak Lovelace. Played a few first team cameos for us, and before you could say, ‘Ay, Jimmy,’ he’s bought by Glasgow Rangers! OK, he’s currently in their ‘B’ team, but he does have one Rangers senior appearance to his name, featuring against Queen of the South in the League Cup earlier this season!

Lovelace’s move will not be lost on Esse, and if another manager from a big club comes a knocking for him, what is he expected to do? He has no real allegiance to our club, save from picking up a pay package every week, and if another club offers you double the salary you’re on now, and promises more game time that you’re currently getting, as a footballer, what’s not to love?