That’s us done then

8'

Post update​

Attempt missed. George Saville (Millwall) with an attempt from very close range is too high. Assisted by Andreas Voglsammer with a cross following a corner.

42'

Post update​

Attempt missed. Jake Cooper (Millwall) header from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Scott Malone with a cross following a corner.

• 36'

Post update​

Attempt missed. Scott Malone (Millwall) left footed shot from the left side of the box misses to the right following a corner.

• 36'

Post update​

Attempt blocked. Zian Flemming (Millwall) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Andreas Voglsammer with a headed pass.

• Post update​

35'

Post update​

Attempt saved. Zian Flemming (Millwall) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal.

• 16'

Post update​

Attempt blocked. Oliver Burke (Millwall) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Zian Flemming.

I don’t think we are fucked yet. Hugely dissapointing result last night and we've had a few this season. I have no desire to start clamouring for GR to go either. I have agreed with some that he is to negative but 21 shots last night, I know not all on target, belies that opinion. Although when we have been ahead in games his negativity creeps in, with a couple of exceptions this season, still think we'd be better off with 2 up top, taking the pressure off of TB, and playing 442,I dont think we have the defenders to go 352 which I would prefer.
Where I do have a problem with him is his " in game management" the new buzz phrase. His aftermatch comments about too many long balls in the first twenty minutes. Well you're sat there by the pitch fucking do something about it. No good bleating about it afterwards.
2 very difficult away ha to come both Wigan and Blackpool will not lay down and die we have to go for the throat and be at it from minute one, no good trying to come from behind with our scoring record, must get that first goal to settle. The end of this season is still in the balance, and vould go to the last game.
Even botox boy will have a smile back on his face at the minute, although that could all change tonight.
He has to get his selections right for the run in. I think Esse has to start, Whatmore or Lenny if fit up top with Bradshaw, Esse, Flemming, Saville, Styles (if able) across the middle , and the usual 4 suspects at the back. Preference would be 352, but that aint gonna happen.
Onwards and hopefully upwards.
COYL

I don’t think we are fucked yet. Hugely dissapointing result last night and we've had a few this season. I have no desire to start clamouring for GR to go either. I have agreed with some that he is to negative but 21 shots last night, I know not all on target, belies that opinion. Although when we have been ahead in games his negativity creeps in, with a couple of exceptions this season, still think we'd be better off with 2 up top, taking the pressure off of TB, and playing 442,I dont think we have the defenders to go 352 which I would prefer.
I‘ve already mentioned about going 442, if nothing else it might confuse Wigan (who will probably be expecting us to have the same formation as last night.)
Where I do have a problem with him is his " in game management" the new buzz phrase. His aftermatch comments about too many long balls in the first twenty minutes. Well you're sat there by the pitch fucking do something about it. No good bleating about it afterwards.
There didn’t seem to be any contact last night, between Rowett/Barrett and the players. Like you said, after 20 minutes get word to the players to stop the long ball stuff, or tell them at HT. That didn’t happen!
2 very difficult away ha to come both Wigan and Blackpool will not lay down and die we have to go for the throat and be at it from minute one, no good trying to come from behind with our scoring record, must get that first goal to settle.
This. Wigan will be aware that if they lose to us, and Blackpool somehow beat Brum at home, the gap between the two widens to 4 points with two to play and six points left up for grabs! If Wigan were to beat us, and Blackpool drew or lost to Brum, Wigan would go 1 or two points above them! Quite an incentive there! It’s those sort of permutations that will be going through the Wigan players mind at 3pm this Saturday!
He has to get his selections right for the run in. I think Esse has to start, Whatmore or Lenny if fit up top with Bradshaw, Esse, Flemming, Saville, Styles (if able) across the middle , and the usual 4 suspects at the back. Preference would be 352, but that aint gonna happen.
I think if Rowett picked this formation (or just changed the formation in general), then at least the supporters could see that he was trying to do something different! If we keep the same formation on Saturday as we did last night, it’s just inviting more pressure on him and the players, especially if, God forbid, Wigan end up beating us!

Onwards and hopefully upwards.
COYL
He can select who he wants but he can't make them score. One recognised striker and Flemming chipping in was always going to be tricky and risky. We're creating chances so some positives but our luck in front of goal needs to change and quickly.

I think if Rowett picked this formation (or just changed the formation in general), then at least the supporters could see that he was trying to do something different!
See my post above.

It's more or less the same side that's got us into this position, we're just lacking where it matters most. No one can say we're not creating because the stats will tell you different. Our bad luck in January is coming back to haunt us. Doubt that Rowett will do it but i wouldn't mind seeing two up front with Vogle or whatever his name is playing centarl and in a two with Bradshaw. He who dares and all that.

See my post above.

It's more or less the same side that's got us into this position, we're just lacking where it matters most. No one can say we're not creating because the stats will tell you different. Our bad luck in January is coming back to haunt us. Doubt that Rowett will do it but i wouldn't mind seeing two up front with Vogle or whatever his name is playing centarl and in a two with Bradshaw. He who dares and all that.
It's Veggiespanner... I think.

He can select who he wants but he can't make them score. One recognised striker and Flemming chipping in was always going to be tricky and risky. We're creating chances so some positives but our luck in front of goal needs to change and quickly.
He can't make them score obviously. The players simply have to do better, and think when they get a chance.
Flemming chose the most difficult option for his first half free kick.
Bradshaws chance when the ball came to him with the keeper to beat, hit it straight at him when he had time to lift it.
Burke shot that brought a save from the keeper, would have struggled to cross the line, put some fucking effort behind it.
And Vogldangler and Styles, good efforts but straight at the middle of the goal and inevitably the keeper as a lot of our efforts seem to be directed. No what I'd call natural goalscorers in the side is costing us, so GR has got to put the work into the forwards in training.
This could all go tits up or be a brilliant end to the season, I know what I want lets hope the players want it as badly.
COYL

It's just all forum opinions, of course, but we are 5th, and it's still in our own hands (I think). I wont be cunting GR off, he has us we we are with a bog average, goal shy team, with a midfield who lack creativity compared to a few teams in this League.

Personally, I think he's done an outstanding job and the team haven't had the rub of the green lately. How some of the past few games have produced a lack of goals and points is a mystery. Possibly, running into a run of mostly undeserved results has hit confidence hard, because tactically, it's been the same tactics for months when we were getting good results (some blinding performances as well), so hopefully, the effort the team have been putting in during the last few games yields the rewards that they deserve during these next three games. Or at least...some fucking decent luck in front of goal!!!

Possibly, running into a run of mostly undeserved results has hit confidence hard, because tactically, it's been the same tactics for months when we were getting good results (some blinding performances as well)
That's how i see it. Plus, historically poor results against struggling or so called lesser teams. Remember the Everton game, put three past a premiership side with a hundred million worth of talent on the pitch then draw a blank at home to lowly Rotherham the following week.

HittingHitting

It's just all forum opinions, of course, but we are 5th, and it's still in our own hands (I think). I wont be cunting GR off, he has us we we are with a bog average, goal shy team, with a midfield who lack creativity compared to a few teams in this League.

Personally, I think he's done an outstanding job and the team haven't had the rub of the green lately. How some of the past few games have produced a lack of goals and points is a mystery. Possibly, running into a run of mostly undeserved results has hit confidence hard, because tactically, it's been the same tactics for months when we were getting good results (some blinding performances as well), so hopefully, the effort the team have been putting in during the last few games yields the rewards that they deserve during these next three games. Or at least...some fucking decent luck in front of goal!!!

This post is far too sensible, balanced and in perspective.

Ban him immediately.

Win our last 3 games. It sounds so easy,

not with this team and as we have Wigan next, where we rarely get any joy, I don’t think we will.

Besides do we really want to watch us get done by Luton in the play offs

After the Preston game Rowett was quoted as saying "I nearly started Esse",coupled with the fact (imo) Burke turned in one of the worse performances I've seen from one of our players this season,I can't fathom out his thinking in sticking with Burke 6/10 for me and giving Esse 10 mins in which he caused problems,I find it hard to believe he thinks Burke is a better defensive option(he ain't)And Danny Mc made a schoolboy error for the goal.
need to chance Esse to draw the pressure/markers away from Bradshaw!
who knows he might even score!

Most seasons 5th and 6th place are teams who are inconsistent or one of those places is taken by a team who are having a run like an express train like villa and forest did but no one’s doing that this season. Wall have been inconsistent all season otherwise we’d be top 2 or booked a play off spot by now, and it’s the same for the others below us right down to 11th. If we were 5th from bottom Rowett would rightly be getting stick so he should get the credit for where we are now - it’s all about having the bollocks for the scrap now nothing else - formations and pretty football ain’t gonna change the outcome. One things for sure all the other contenders would much rather be in our shoes right now.