That’s us done then

Reality is we have had as many poor performances as we have had good this season and quite often one follows the other.

Ultimately our inability to get a striker in the January window, whilst allowing Afobe to leave (whatever peoples thoughts were on him and his personal circumstances), is starting to cost us dearly.

Not a 20 goal a season man, but one who can hold the ball up when we do go back to front and bring other people into play.

We've had a good season and may still scrape in the play offs, but for me we were one piece of the jigsaw away from crusing the top 6.

We were unfortunate that the Nisbitt deal fell through at the last minute.

I didn't think much of Afobe but you're right that he did give us another option, and shouldn't have been allowed to leave until the Nisbitt deal was done and dusted.

We've been lucky that Bradshaw has remained fit, otherwise we would have been buggered.

We were unfortunate that the Nisbitt deal fell through at the last minute.

I didn't think much of Afobe but you're right that he did give us another option, and shouldn't have been allowed to leave until the Nisbitt deal was done and dusted.

We've been lucky that Bradshaw has remained fit, otherwise we would have been buggered.
Agree regarding Nisbitt, but thats why you do your business early. He still wasn't the type of striker we need for the style of football we play though.

Coventry can only get 74 if they beat Blackburn, Blackburn can only get 78 if they beat Coventry, can't both win. Blackburn would also have to beat us (and Burnley, Luton and Preston).

Definitely in our own hands, 3 wins and we are in, not sure if I can see us winning any of them though.

Got to keep the faith
Hmmm, if WBA can get 75 & Blackburn can still get 75 even if we beat them (& they win tonight) then it’s not mathematically in our hands. I think that was my nerdy point, sorry

I have thought for some time that it could well go down to the last game of the season, and this is looking increasingly likely.
Someone said to me about 4 games ago 'the great thing is this time, is it's in our own hands', I replied, 'yeah, in our own hands to fuck up'...

People were getting the hump 2nd half last night, yelling at Rowett to change things, but I didn't see that anything really needed changing 2nd half. We were consistently creating chances, I really thought the equaliser was coming, but unfortunately it was just one of those where the bloody thing wouldn't go in the net. Their goal was a mistake from Danny, and he doesn't make many of them to be fair... I thought he looked a bit out of sorts all night.

I think we should do Wigan but I have a nasty feeling about Blackpool, then the final game... All gonna be a bit of a nail biter, but I'm still not 100% sure that I really want promotion anyway (part of me certainly does, but it is tempered by the expected change I would see in my football club) so I'm just gonna enjoy the ride.

Getting into the play-offs has virtually nothing to do with promotion. It just means that you've finished above mid-table and have one unlikely back-door route to the division above.
Extremely improbable from our current position.

Hmmm, if WBA can get 75 & Blackburn can still get 75 even if we beat them (& they win tonight) then it’s not mathematically in our hands. I think that was my nerdy point, sorry
Yes maths was never my strong suit! Having said that, if Blackburn beat Coventry, Burnley, Preston and Luton, they deserve the place.

As Wippa said on another thread there is another permutation where we don't control it.

We will need at least two wins from here regardless

Coventry can only get 74 if they beat Blackburn, Blackburn can only get 78 if they beat Coventry, can't both win. Blackburn would also have to beat us (and Burnley, Luton and Preston).

Definitely in our own hands, 3 wins and we are in, not sure if I can see us winning any of them though.

Got to keep the faith
Your last two comments are contradictory aren’t they? 🤔

I have thought for some time that it could well go down to the last game of the season, and this is looking increasingly likely.
Someone said to me about 4 games ago 'the great thing is this time, is it's in our own hands', I replied, 'yeah, in our own hands to fuck up'...

People were getting the hump 2nd half last night, yelling at Rowett to change things, but I didn't see that anything really needed changing 2nd half. We were consistently creating chances, I really thought the equaliser was coming, but unfortunately it was just one of those where the bloody thing wouldn't go in the net. Their goal was a mistake from Danny, and he doesn't make many of them to be fair... I thought he looked a bit out of sorts all night.

I think we should do Wigan but I have a nasty feeling about Blackpool, then the final game... All gonna be a bit of a nail biter, but I'm still not 100% sure that I really want promotion anyway (part of me certainly does, but it is tempered by the expected change I would see in my football club) so I'm just gonna enjoy the ride.
Danny contributed but the mistake was Long’s!

Good season but can’t see us holding off 4 teams that now have a run over us. Out of our hands, can’t see all 4 fcking up.

Rowett has done well with this side, but his lack of creativity and thought to change a game has killed this great chance to do something special. 1 goal in 6 games. 99% of us would’ve changed it after the 3rd game of not scoring. Not Rowett.

The definition of madness.

Gutted.
He got us to where we are, he deserves credit. If fans think we were going to walk it and not lose then they need there heads testing. You want to write us off then great but the season is 46 games long. Lack of creativity? We had 21 attempts on goal/ 7 on target which is 3 more than Birmingham had. How about blaming the strikers instead of the bloke in the dugout cause i didn't see him on the pitch last night.

Teams around us are finding the pressure is getting to them as well. Tired legs and tired minds plus small margins.They've all had a blip but unfortunately we're having one now. We are still in the p/o places, calm down.

Danny contributed but the mistake was Long’s!
I don’t think the formation helps our fullbacks especially when the opposition have fast wingers. Our wide players are too high up the pitch to help them and our 2 defensive midfielders protect the centre backs.
I would really like to see us use a traditional 442 or 4411.

Again we don't turn up against an average team ,
Bullshit. We've had more attempts on goal than any of our last few opponents . You go on about the press writing shit and lies about us and do the exact same. Yeah i get the frustraitions and always wanting someone to blame, making up bollox doesn't help anyone.

Best supporters my fucking arsehole. This thread should be on Charlton gold for all the whinging and knicker wetting. Fucking crying cause we lost a game, we're not fucking Man city but we're very near to becoming another Palace or Charlton.

Fucking embarrassing and fuck being in the trenches with some of you lot.

Last edited:
Esse in for Vog, Bennett for Burke, Styles for Malone
Positive changes

82'

Post update​

Attempt saved. Callum Styles (Millwall) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Zian Flemming.