That’s us done then

Blackburn v Coventry tomorrow and they've got to play us, so probably is still in our own hands. Just
I think it depends on tomorrow’s game between Blackburn & Coventry.
We can only get 74 points
WBA can get 75
Blackburn can get 78
Coventry can get 74 (& would have a slightly better goal difference)
But if tomorrow’s match is a draw then mathematically it would still be in our own hands because Coventry could then only finish with 72 & Blackburn could only end up with 73 (presuming we beat them & get maximum points)

Blackburn v Coventry tomorrow and they've got to play us, so probably is still in our own hands. Just
I just don't think Millwall want it enough... we have the players and have proved in the past we can play.... the question is... 'Why not now'?

It's a bit early for a post mortem, might still make the playoffs yet. But the problem is fairly obvious in my opinion. Flemming's been a great signing. But of the rest of the new signings, which of them has really made a difference? Cresswell has been good(though after a slow start). But which of the rest of them would we really be sorry if they left? Burke, Watmore, Styles, Vogelsammer, Honeyman, I can't knock any of them, they've been alright, they've given us options, but if any of them left, I wouldn't exactly be crying into my beer either.

You only have to look at the goalscorers table. Bradshaw and Flemming, very good, around 15 goals. But the next higher scorer is Cresswell on 3 goals or something. Not sure if it's fair to say that teams have us sussed. I mean, they must have twigged that Flemming and Bradshaw were our main threats months ago, you don't have to be a tactical genius to work that out, but we're still 5th. Even with just 2 goalscoring threats, we've been hard to beat. But rely on 2 men to win matches for you and the well is going to run dry eventually. Our problem is that while Flemming was a great signing, I'm not sure how good the rest of the recruitment was last summer.

It's a bit early for a post mortem, might still make the playoffs yet. But the problem is fairly obvious in my opinion. Flemming's been a great signing. But of the rest of the new signings, which of them has really made a difference? Cresswell has been good(though after a slow start). But which of the rest of them would we really be sorry if they left? Burke, Watmore, Styles, Vogelsammer, Honeyman, I can't knock any of them, they've been alright, they've given us options, but if any of them left, I wouldn't exactly be crying into my beer either.

You only have to look at the goalscorers table. Bradshaw and Flemming, very good, around 15 goals. But the next higher scorer is Cresswell on 3 goals or something. Not sure if it's fair to say that teams have us sussed. I mean, they must have twigged that Flemming and Bradshaw were our main threats months ago, you don't have to be a tactical genius to work that out, but we're still 5th. Even with just 2 goalscoring threats, we've been hard to beat. But rely on 2 men to win matches for you and the well is going to run dry eventually. Our problem is that while Flemming was a great signing, I'm not sure how good the rest of the recruitment was last summer.

most of the signings were recruited to play 5-2-3 or 5-3-2. Our lack of width, depth & pace has been an issue. Also not recruiting a target man type forward is criminal given our usual hoof ball style of football.

Still to come:
Blackburn v Coventry, Preston v Blackburn, West Brom v Sunderland, Blackburn V Burnley, Sheff U v West Brom, Sheff U v Preston, Sunderland v Watford, West Brom v Norwich, Blackburn v Luton, Middlesbro v Coventry, Preston v Sunderland.
They can't all win all their games so still down to us to do our own job!

I know we’re all pissed office tonight but we dominated for long periods & how one of our chances didn’t go in I’ll never know. Quality or no quality, we were desperately unlucky not to get at least a draw, we created enough chances. Maybe the biggest disappointment was the last ten minutes where despite the substitutions we ran out of steam & reverted to hoofball

We ain’t done yet! We need to get ourselves up off the canvas, dust ourselves down and go again and keep going. We could easily of got something out of that tonight but just fell short. On the plus side we have Styles and Mason back so a bit more cover although on that showing Styles could play wide left instead of VW. 3 games to go others will slip up too we just have to do our best. Whatever happens we are higher up the league than most expected.

most of the signings were recruited to play 5-2-3 or 5-3-2. Our lack of width, depth & pace has been an issue. Also not recruiting a target man type forward is criminal given our usual hoof ball style of football.
Agree totally, we need to find a target man, younger and more mobile than our previous one, oh hang on, there's a guy at Salford could do that job, also scored 10 goals this season, Matt something...

Reality is we have had as many poor performances as we have had good this season and quite often one follows the other.

Ultimately our inability to get a striker in the January window, whilst allowing Afobe to leave (whatever peoples thoughts were on him and his personal circumstances), is starting to cost us dearly.

Not a 20 goal a season man, but one who can hold the ball up when we do go back to front and bring other people into play.

We've had a good season and may still scrape in the play offs, but for me we were one piece of the jigsaw away from crusing the top 6.

Last edited:
WBA can get 75
Blackburn can get 78
But if tomorrow’s match is a draw then mathematically it would still be in our own hands because Coventry could then only finish with 72 & Blackburn could only end up with 73 (presuming we beat them & get maximum points)
Coventry can only get 74 if they beat Blackburn, Blackburn can only get 78 if they beat Coventry, can't both win. Blackburn would also have to beat us (and Burnley, Luton and Preston).

Definitely in our own hands, 3 wins and we are in, not sure if I can see us winning any of them though.

Got to keep the faith

Last night we have blown the advantage we had on the chasing pack, Saturday will be like a cup final because if Wigan lose they are down, they will be more nervy than us.
Next week we play first on Friday night and again a defeat for Blackpool should send them down, give us a gap over the chasing pack who will need to win both their final games to catch us.
Doing things the hard way is the Millwall way but what can be more satisfying then sending that terrorist lover McClean and Wigan down one week and then the Donkey botherers down the following week?

WBA can get 75
Blackburn can get 78
Coventry can get same points as us so down to GD