Thank God looking at LWB

Malone is at his best when he has real competition or is playing for a contract, I've said a few times, he is by no means awful and indeed it's a real sign of progress that the LWB spot, or Malone is our weakest link in our strongest line up at the moment

As I said in another post, I think it’s simply that as the team has got better Malones limitations have been shown up. Everyone was on Murray’s case during the first half, but with Malone in front of him he never was given an out ball. Malone simply will not go into their half, off his left foot, with the ball- it either goes straight back to Murray, who has to either look for a difficult pass forward or turn back himself, or Malone comes inside into heavy traffic and loses the ball. He is not a wing back- he either plays at LB or he doesn’t play - not if we have any aspirations to transition quickly and find space on the wide left.

Malone is a bottle job, ok if he is running in space with the ball but as soon as he thinks a challenge is coming he gets rid of the ball as quick as possible to anyone including the oppo.