Terry Venables RIP

Probably our best manager since Sir Alf. Probably as good. Also a very good player in his own right for Chelsea and Tottenham. His talents also stretched to being a decent singer and.not abaddon thespian in "Hazel". Bubbly personality. Because he was so popular he frightened the F.A. Met his mum and dad outside the " Mariner's Arms" on the Highway in Shadwell very approachable couple ,mother was a comedian. Think his.family came from the East End but he was born and brought up In " Corned Beef Island") , Dagenham to you.

Probably our best manager since Sir Alf. Probably as good. Also a very good player in his own right for Chelsea and Tottenham. His talents also stretched to being a decent singer and.not abaddon thespian in "Hazel". Bubbly personality. Because he was so popular he frightened the F.A. Met his mum and dad outside the " Mariner's Arms" on the Highway in Shadwell very approachable couple ,mother was a comedian. Think his.family came from the East End but he was born and brought up In " Corned Beef Island") , Dagenham to you.
How did it get the name "Corned Beef Island", Obes?

Apparently it got that name when the overflow slum clearance estates were built in Dagenham and Becontree prior to the War they did'nt have many shops so it was reckoned they existed on Corned Beef.
Just googled it obes and your right had heard both explanations to be honest but coming from Dagenham and being a bricklayer I preferred mine not there next week so will see you the Huddersfield game

Top bloke. RIP.

Got to see the gonk letting England down with a penalty my Nan could have hit harder.

Should have stayed as England boss a lot longer than 2 years, imagine what he could have done with Beckham, Scholes etc.
Another fuck up by the clueless fuckwits at the FA!!!
I seem to remember he was "required to resign" due to some legal battle he had to fight concerning financial problems.
I may have got that completely wrong.

Because they make a lot of soup there?
Just a wild guess. :grinning:
There was a robbery of a store containing corned beef during WW2 where tins of corned beef went missing. However everyone on that estate seemed to have a lot of the stuff. Hence the name.