Terry Hurlock

The_Doc

Just heard a good story about the great man. Listening to David Lee on the undr the cosh podcast who played with TH at Southampton. Apparently TH battered David Speedie when he threw an ashtray at him but missed.

Never liked Speedie so my estimation of the great man is now even higher.

He also tells a story how he and Steve Wood while they were both Southampton had a tear up because he owe him a fiver 😂

Remember Dawes scoring against Speedie. Think he called it wide? Think he did a half, or something in goal?
Hazy days!

jhated speedie, gutted I missed his pen miss at Stanford bridge fa cup 3 2 win was running round to the shed ,

The famous story about Hurlock:

Tony Cascarino: “Some of us [Millwall players] were playfully goading Terry about what he was going to do to Vinnie Jones in the upcoming fixture with Wimbledon. Without saying a word, he got up from the table and walked to the entrance of the pub and ripped the door off its hinges.”

I like the one Les Briley tells pre season in Spain, les told to make sure all players arrive at Airport clean shaven hair cuts and in club suits, the players all there suited and booted at gatwick terry walks in beard, long hair denim cut downs, Hawaii shirt and flip flops and ruck sack on shoulder docherty had head in hands

* David Beckham: “It was a month I look back on with good memories. I once scored from a corner and played against Terry Hurlock, which was quite interesting. I stayed away from him as much as possible”!

* Tony Cascarino: “Some of us [Millwall players] were playfully goading Terry about what he was going to do to Vinnie Jones in the upcoming fixture with Wimbledon. Without saying a word, he got up from the table and walked to the entrance of the pub and ripped the door off its hinges.”

I’ll leave the final words to fellow ‘Hardest Bastard,’ Neil Ruddock. Upon being asked what his favourite animal is, Ruddock replied ‘Terry Hurlock.’

What a night that was
Must be in my top ten all time Millwall games (nearly all away games) Fashanu was immense (can’t believe Chatterton was still with us then) Just a great night, tried to find some highlights on You Tube but they’re all about the fighting

Must be in my top ten all time Millwall games (nearly all away games) Fashanu was immense (can’t believe Chatterton was still with us then) Just a great night, tried to find some highlights on You Tube but they’re all about the fighting
Ken Bates wouldn't allow the cameras in and no mobiles in those days.

Just heard a good story about the great man. Listening to David Lee on the undr the cosh podcast who played with TH at Southampton. Apparently TH battered David Speedie when he threw an ashtray at him but missed.

Never liked Speedie so my estimation of the great man is now even higher.

He also tells a story how he and Steve Wood while they were both Southampton had a tear up because he owe him a fiver 😂
Great podcast!

Wall had a reunion of the 88 89 squad before kick off the players were doing a Lapp of Honnor, hurlock jump over in to the east stand walked up past us and down the exit did shake hands with him, my top player back then

I was going out with a bird from Debden and we went to her local boozer across the green called The Cottage Loaf, as soon I step in I was greeting by various vermin memorabilia, thought'd she'd done it on purpose.
I had my back to two fellas, one was lagging the other wankered beyond belief.The wankered one started singing 'No one like us, we don't care', turned round and it was Hurlock, first thought I'd go and join in, but thother fella was ushering Hurlock out into a work van..

Terry was an absolute legend,used to have a beer in Black horse deptford,
Met him for a pint ( unintentionally) several times he really was a very talented footballer whose reputation proceeded him.

Remember hurlock v McMahon at anfield. A proper battle. Neither let the other know if they were hurt. McMahon studded Terry in the chest, didn’t even get booked, Terry just got up.
Nowadays they’d roll around, and there’d be a long ban.
But Terry could play aswell though, a lions legend.
Never forget his winner at Leeds when we went top in 88.. happy happy days ..