Team v Weeds

silverlion

Staff member
This is as tough as it gets and will test our resolve to the limit. They have won 17 and drawn one of their last 18 games at home. But KJ always said that these kind of runs have to come to an end at some time so why not tomorrow against us? They are a decent outfit with some world class players who can come at you in many different ways. So, we are going to have to be at our very best to get anything out of this one. Add to all of that we have few options, especially up front so NH cannot shuffle the pack and pick a very different team. Despite all their advantages we are on a roll and full of confidence so we approach the game with no fear and can almost think of it as a free hit. NH will have been firing them all up at Calmont Road and watching to see who is up for it.
There can be no doubt that Shark will wear the gloves. He will see more action at Elland Road than he has seen for a while and will have to be prepared for a busy afternoon. Leonard will be up for it big time and should start at RB. Captain Cooper and match winner Tango will be in central defence and Joe should start at LB despite being pressed by Murray. Central midfield is nailed on with Sav and Billy and Honeyman should start on the right with Flem as a 10. Oba is the only option at CF but the only place up for grabs is wide left. For me Longman is unconvincing and Watmore blows hot and cold. Is this the game to give Mayor as start? It’s a tough call. My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Joe
Billy Sav
Honeyman Flem Mayor
Oba

Subs Bart Danny Murray Hutch Esse Campbell BNC Watmore Longman

This is as tough as it gets and will test our resolve to the limit. They have won 17 and drawn one of their last 18 games at home. But KJ always said that these kind of runs have to come to an end at some time so why not tomorrow against us? They are a decent outfit with some world class players who can come at you in many different ways. So, we are going to have to be at our very best to get anything out of this one. Add to all of that we have few options, especially up front so NH cannot shuffle the pack and pick a very different team. Despite all their advantages we are on a roll and full of confidence so we approach the game with no fear and can almost think of it as a free hit. NH will have been firing them all up at Calmont Road and watching to see who is up for it.
There can be no doubt that Shark will wear the gloves. He will see more action at Elland Road than he has seen for a while and will have to be prepared for a busy afternoon. Leonard will be up for it big time and should start at RB. Captain Cooper and match winner Tango will be in central defence and Joe should start at LB despite being pressed by Murray. Central midfield is nailed on with Sav and Billy and Honeyman should start on the right with Flem as a 10. Oba is the only option at CF but the only place up for grabs is wide left. For me Longman is unconvincing and Watmore blows hot and cold. Is this the game to give Mayor as start? It’s a tough call. My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Joe
Billy Sav
Honeyman Flem Mayor
Oba

Subs Bart Danny Murray Hutch Esse Campbell BNC Watmore Longman
No De Norre on the bench again Silver. I get the feeling that you are not keen on him!

Maybe use Longman in place of Mayor, I am sure Mayor will get his chance. Longman will go after an aerial ball, as our outlet from defending.

Yet another senior moment! He should be on the bench instead of Campbell.
I do realise that Mayor is a bit of a gamble but I wonder whether it is a player that Weeds would expect to face. Add to that he is young, will have no fear about facing them and will bust a gut to make an impression. NH did say earlier in the week that there were some bumps and bruises in the squad and there may be a need for a change or two. Who knows?

If we are going to get owt ( nothern ferret worrying word ) from this game , I would imagine it will be a set piece ,or catch em on the break. To that end would like Whatmore ,till he fades, and Esse or Mayor get a start , bit of pace. Got to have an outlet up top , pointless pumping aimless balls to nobody . Have a feeling we will be under the cosh . 🤞 Bumford, Gnonto and Summerville all do a hamstring in the warm up.
COYL 1-2

Still cannot see how Fleming starts with his workrate & General all round play , rather see Whatmore for the first 45, Fleming too weak and lazy on the Ball for a game like this ,if he plays he will disappear for long periods , I really hope he proves me wrong but I can't see it

Still cannot see how Fleming starts with his workrate & General all round play , rather see Whatmore for the first 45, Fleming too weak and lazy on the Ball for a game like this ,if he plays he will disappear for long periods ,
You keep saying this but he does graft for the team. He wouldn't get into a Harris side if he was hiding. We're winning games, he's played his part and gets his hands dirty.

He may get his hands dirty but never his boots, just for once watch him over 90 minutes, hardly wins a tackle or header ,slow to close down players and does disappear for long periods , let's see how much he influences the game tomorrow,, I really hope I'm wrong and he smashes Leeds but .......

There midfield is quick and they move the ball about rapidly. We need Saville's experience i just hope he's got the legs for it.

I'm hoping Bomber is true to his word and is a changed man from his previous spell.
Another abject Fulham surrender would do some serious damage. Southampton went some way to proving he's changed , we'll see.
COYL ,show em what your made of.Screenshot_20240316_171032_Facebook.jpg

A win today would be like winning the lottery I would love to see it but won’t believe my eyes if I did

Every player will put their body on the line and I will be a nervous bag of nerves

COYL shock the fuck out of me and the football world

I'd like to see Mayor get on at some point. I think he's got something about him. Can understand going for more experience in this game though.