Team v the Canaries

silverlion

Staff member
A big game where we are looking to get back on track after a couple of poor performances. History is against us as we haven’t won there since the Ark sailed. But KJ always said that history changes and this poor fortune doesn’t last forever. GR will have been looking at them all in Calmont Road to see who looks up for it and who is fit and raring to go. According to stuff online there are doubts about one or two but I do wonder whether that is just mind games to lull the opposition into a false sense of security. There was also a disturbing picture of Rab being helped off the field of play in the open training session and there has been no news about whether he is fit to start. My guess is the he probably is crocked but we’ll see.
Shark is a cert to start and Danny is also nailed on the start in the right of defence. Away from home it almost a guarantee that GR will go with a five at the back and so Hutch Cooper and Murray will be in the middle with Joe on the left. Billy and Casper should be in the middle with Sav standing by if Casper is crocked. Flem will start as a ten with Tom and Watmore upfront if Rab is crocked.

My thoughts are

Shark
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray Joe
Billy Casper
Flem
Watmore Tom

Subs Bart Wes Evans Leonard Sav Esse Emakhu Vogi

451 and really go for it.

Sarkic

McNamara Hutch Evans Wallace

Harding Leonard Mitchell Bryan Malaki

Cooper

Interesting went to a customers house in Sidcup today, women was a big wall fan, her sons a Ref and works in the wall ticket office, we had a good natter about the issues and she told me her son Says there are major issues within the team, thus us from someone who's a little in the know.

Interesting went to a customers house in Sidcup today, women was a big wall fan, her sons a Ref and works in the wall ticket office, we had a good natter about the issues and she told me her son Says there are major issues within the team, thus us from someone who's a little in the know.
You could speculate, but there might be one common denominator. Are senior players questioning the style of play?

Major issues? Bit concerning, is it to do with pay, egos or the dull football designed to send everyone to sleep?

Watching the level of football in the championship this year; I think Southampton and Leicester will get automatic and we will struggle to stay up, our football is pedestrian and outdated. We’re going to get found out this year.No wonder some decent players are unhappy !
Pedestrian certainly but I would not say the style is outdated, I’d say its never been something any other teams would ever aspire too. We have the best squad we’ve had in years and credit to the management for that. However, we have some exciting players but we again start the season set up with 7 defensive outfield players. Teams come to the Den and think lets keep it tight for 20 mins and quieten the crowd down but they don’t have too because we sit back for the draw……By all means bore the life out of the games away but at home? come on we have to go for it to get the crowd going and get new fans through the gates. Plymouth went down fighting today and their fans cheered them off and fair play to them.

On the top shelf, I’d go for........

Dawes Rhino Hutch Salmon

O’Callaghan Terry H Les B Jimmy C

Timmy

Teddy Cas

Subs ..... Anton, ray, Malcolm, Cresswell,
Mc Ginley, Emblem, Stella

Ps ..... I know ......... rush goalie. But that’s top shelf for you 👀

I would definitely start with sav.
Agree, Billy out of his depth!

BTW: The Bristol goal last weekend. Murray gave away an unnecessary throw and Hutch and Cooper should have headed clear but look at Billy. Before the throw he looks to his right and spots the scorer unmarked but does nothing. Then when the ball drops in the direction of the scorer, commits the biggest sin in football, turns his back :wagging:

Not what I expect of a defensive holding midfielder :shake:

Major issues? Bit concerning, is it to do with pay, egos or the dull football designed to send everyone to sleep?
I doubt the problem is money.

If I were a professional and playing in this team I’d be pulling my hair out with the tactics and selection!

I dare say your statement is correct but anyone from the club reading this may/will be able to identify the source and they could be in for a ticking off!

I dare say your statement is correct but anyone from the club reading this may/will be able to identify the source and they could be in for a ticking off!
Could also be a case of chinese whispers and by the time it has got to the ticket office it has been exaggerated , we do have plenty of long term experienced players who are able to stop any problems becoming a big deal.

Could also be a case of chinese whispers and by the time it has got to the ticket office it has been exaggerated , we do have plenty of long term experienced players who are able to stop any problems becoming a big deal.
Unless they are the problem of course.
Maybe just malicious rumours because of our indifferent start, still only 2 completed games in, could all change today.
COYL NOLU

Last edited:
On the top shelf, I’d go for........

Dawes Rhino Hutch Salmon

O’Callaghan Terry H Les B Jimmy C

Timmy

Teddy Cas

Subs ..... Anton, ray, Malcolm, Cresswell,
Mc Ginley, Emblem, Stella

Ps ..... I know ......... rush goalie. But that’s top shelf for you 👀
Is this a sister publication to 'Readers Wives' ('Footballers Wives)?