Team v The Baggies

silverlion

Staff member
Thank goodness we are through the International break and are back to proper football. No more paying a shed load to watch paint dry at Wembley as England overcome a poor Ukrainian side and the crowd fall asleep watching it. Saturday at the Hawthorns is a proper game where three points means everything and to wear the shirt is what it is all about.
This could be a tough game but we are more in the driving seat than they are. For them a win is imperative as they are five points behind us with a game in hand. A draw would suit us fine but a win would put down a big marker in this important run in. We have had two weeks to catch our breath, get most of our walking wounded up and running and get geared up for a very important 8 match season ending. I am optimistic.
GR will have been working hard at Calmont Road to get everybody fired up and see who is up for the fight. Long will start between the sticks as he stood little chance with the Huddersfield goal. Likewise Danny who can’t wait to get his boots on. Cresswell played well for the England U21’s and will be full of confidence alongside Cooper and Murray to make up the back four. Billy will be raring to go but I don’t expect him to start. GR is always cautious bringing back players from injury so I expect him to start on the bench and maybe get a 15 minute cameo at the end. Sav returned from international duty unscathed and I expect him to start in the middle with Leonard. The big issues start with the three behind Sir Tom who also returned from Wales duty unscathed. Flem will certainly start as a ten but who starts either side of him. Vogi is strong and energetic but I always feel he makes poor decisions on the ball. Likewise Honeyman but he has got a bit more about him. Watmore is a decent footballer with drive and threat and I would start him, maybe with Burke on the other flank but he has pace and threat but often no brains. It’s a tough call.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Murray
Leonard Sav
Burke Flem Watmore
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Hutch Molly Honeyman Shack Billy Vogi

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Murray
Honeyman Saville Leonard
Zian Watmore
Bradders

Dame Judi:
Bart Hutch Malone Billy Vogi Burke Burey

Honey has enthusiasm and is lively especially in shutting down and tackling. He is a pain in the neck so he must start. Drives us forward which we need, just wish styles and shack could play around him with Danny too to pass our way through teams.

Don't care about the line up, will probably be the normal one, GR does not like to fanny about too much, but we must, must take any chances we get. Can't afford to fuck up.
COYL

NAD thinks it will be the team of late except for Watmore in for Honeyman. As others have said, I can't see Honeyman not playing because he is defensively better than Burke and Watmore. Same for Voglsammer.

This is NAD’s take on the team….as alluded to above from Robbo’s post.

Long; McNamara, Cooper, Cresswell, Wallace; Leonard, Shackleton; Voglsammer, Flemming, Watmore; Bradshaw

No Sav or Honeyman in the starting eleven?