Team v Sunderland

silverlion

Staff member
A welcome early return to league action on Saturday and no need to weep crocodile tears for Belgium….yesterday’s men….or for Wales who have an over abundance of passion but not too much skill. This the real thing where the shirt means everything and three points is the aim. The Black Cats are nine places and four points below us so it has the ingredients for a decent game. The big question is whether we can pick up from Preston after three weeks or we are a bit rusty after time off on holiday.
I am sure that GR has been putting them through their paces at Calmont Road but there is really no substitute for match play. Who looks up for it? My guess is that Long will keep his place as he might be hoping that his small errors at Preston might have been forgotten about. Danny should keep the shirt and the same could be said for Cooper and Murray but there is a debate about whether Cresswell keeps a fit and raring to go Hutch out of the team. For me Hutch is a leader and so I would bring him back.
Midfield doesn’t have issues for me as Billy and Sav play very well together and they should be nailed on. Vogi should start right and Bennett left with superstar Flem as a ten behind Bradshaw.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Vogi Flem Bennett
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Cresswell Molly Shack Evans Honeyman Styles

I’d keep Cresswell in team he’s a big danger at set pieces and has cut out his mistakes lately also would have Burey on subs bench. By the way Silver we need more than nine players to start.

If Hutchison is fit he must start, he's solid, vocal and a good leader. Bennett and Burey to come on for tired legs when the game is stretched.

Their home form reads like our away form. Only two wins, four draws and two defeats, they're beatable if we approach the game in a positive fashion.

Last edited:
Bring hutch back- all day long. Stick Billy and Sav in midfield but I’d like to see Burey get a more regular place, the boy is the future.

Agree broadly with the above, would also include Middlesbrough in the comparison. Not suggesting we're all gonna be mates, just that as a supporter base we have some similarities that are hard to find in modern football.

I'd be tempted to play a back five in this game but two up front.

Long
Cresswell Hutch Cooper
McNamara Mitchell Saville Murray
Flemming
Bradshaw Voglsammer

Very much looking forward to watching Millwall once again. COYL.

I'd be tempted to play a back five in this game but two up front.

Long
Cresswell Hutch Cooper
McNamara Mitchell Saville Murray
Flemming
Bradshaw Voglsammer

Very much looking forward to watching Millwall once again. COYL.
yes, I could see this being the team, dont mind 5 on occasion, not all the time, but means we can adapt to 4 with bennett coming on at the right time, this is very much a Rowett game, dont lose, and then 3 points next week.

Agree broadly with the above, would also include Middlesbrough in the comparison. Not suggesting we're all gonna be mates, just that as a supporter base we have some similarities that are hard to find in
We started running and were delighted to see two police officers at the top of the road. As we reached them, we shouted we were being chased (it was obvious, given the Millwall fans were now 30 yards behind us).

I will never forget the response: “Well, you better run quicker, you’ve got two minutes to the ground, and they look to be catching you!” 😂😂😂

This is NAD’s take on the team.

Long; McNamara, Cresswell, Cooper, Wallace; Mitchell, Saville; Styles, Flemming, Voglsammer; Bradshaw

Yep. spot on mate. Boro are pretty much the northern version of us.
Are you sure about Middlesbrough? I was there a few years ago(0-0 draw)and there was some Middlesbrough tosser who kept banging a drum. I thought decent football clubs gave life bans for fans who bring drums to football matches and even worse actually use them at the match.