Team v Stoke

silverlion

Staff member
GR promises a performance full of spirit, determination and always on the front foot. Following last weeks poor performance and defeat at Carrow Road he really couldn’t have said anything much different. However, it is all very well saying that but words can fill a page but that doesn’t guarantee that it will happen. He needs to take a very careful look at all those is last weeks starting eleven and decide whether they deserve another chance this week. There are some on here who say he should drop them all but we do not have enough players in our squad to change the team 100%. Some need an arm around their shoulder and a few words of encouragement, some need a kick up the rear and some need both. His motivational skills will be put to the test at 3pm tomorrow and his team should reflect exactly what I said in my first sentence.
There is little doubt in my mind that Shark will wear the gloves. Other than the second goal last week when defenders were blocked out there is little criticism heading his way. The same cannot be said about Danny. His position is under great threat following the arrival of BNC and I think the best he can hope for is a seat on the bench. The Gooners loanee is predominantly an attacking RB so this sets the tone for three CB’s who will probably be Leonard and Hutch and Cooper with Joe at LWB. If we are to be on the front foot with good forward movement this could be at the expense of Billy. Energy and hard running are the main attributes of his game but he may have to give way to forward thinking players. Hence I expect Sav to start alongside Evans. This leaves three spots to fill. I am not sure whether Flem’s confidence levels are high so I would not be surprised to see him and Watmore to drop to the bench. If we played two wide players then Emakhu should be one and maybe Esse the second. The trickiest spot to fill is the target man. Rab cost us a kings ransom but last years top goalscorer is itching for a start. Tomorrow could be his day.

My thoughts are,

Shark
BNC Leonard Hutch Cooper Joe
Sav Evans
Esse Bradshaw Emakhu

Subs Bart Wes Danny Murray Flem Billy Watmore Rab Vogi

Sarkic
Harding, Cooper, Hutch
BNC, Saville, Evans, Dora
Flemming
Bradshaw, Nisbet
If subs needed, get em on early so they get a chance to affect the game. Thinking especially about Esse and Emakhu.
Lets see if GR will be true to his word about front foot football.
COYL

442 (Diamond) and attack.

Sarkic

McNamara Hutch Cooper Bryan

Mitchell
Leonard Saville
Esse

Bradshaw Emakhu

Subs: Bart, Wallace, Harding, Evans, Fleming, Norton-Cuffy, Watmore, Rab C, Vogelslammer

Sarkic
BNC. Harding Cooper Bryan
Evans
Saville de norre (if not fit Billy)
Nisbet Bradshaw Watmore

subs Bart, Danny, Hutch, Leonard, Esse, Emakhu, Fleming, Billy, Addul-Malik

Shark
Danny, Harding, Cuffy, Leonard, Hutch, Cooper, Wallace, Bryan, Evans, Billy

Subs, Bart, Trueman, Leonard ,Saville, De Norre, Malaki

Sarkic

New fella Hutch Cooper bryan

Emakhu Saville Evans Esse

Watmore

Nisbet

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if BNC starts. Probably only had one light training session on Friday. Defence has to work as a unit, needs to earn his place in the starting lineup. Might get brought in for the last 20 minutes.

Sarkic

BNC, Hutch, Cooper, Bryan

Leonard, Casper, Saville, Emakhu

Bradshaw, Nisbet

Can’t see it happening but major surgery required🤷‍♂️

BTW: Interesting how Flemming isn’t making the starting lineup of most selections in this thread 🤔

Sarkic

Bnc Leonard Cooper Bryan

Esse Saville d nore/Billy emakhu

Bradshaw nesbit

Now that's an attacking team going for it at home 👌

Sarkic

BNC, Hutch, Cooper, Bryan

Leonard, Casper, Saville, Emakhu

Bradshaw, Nisbet

Can’t see it happening but major surgery required🤷‍♂️

BTW: Interesting how Flemming isn’t making the starting lineup of most selections in this thread 🤔
Think he needs a bucket of ice poured over his head mate 🤷‍♂️

Can't help but think Norton Cuffy would be wasted as a full back, his assets would be better employed further up the pitch, nothing stopping him tracking back, but starting to far back in my mind would be a waste, although plenty seem to disagree.
What do i know.
COYL