Team v Stoke

silverlion

Staff member
A tough game against a side who have improved a lot this season but have lost their last two games. They will be looking to get back on track and will fancy their chances if they have watched the replay of last Saturday’s game. On the other hand we got a great three points on Tuesday when most of us would have taken a point at 7.45. We have momentum and confidence but can we turn all of that into another three points against the Potters?

I can confidently predict at least two changes. Saville is a non starter as he has picked up five yellows and Benik can’t play against his parent club. So, some opportunities have opened up for a couple of players who need to take their chance with both hands and show us what they can do.

Bart made a couple of great saves during their week and so Long will have to wait for his debut. The first big issue surrounds Danny. I wasn’t there last Saturday but my mate told me today that he didn’t play well. He went missing for their first goal and was part of the reason they scored their second. He wasn’t in the squad during the week and the excuse was that he was injured. My mate didn’t think he limped off so maybe his exclusion was a slap on the wrist. Whatever, is he good to start on Saturday? We will need an extra midfielder to replace Saville and the ideal candidate is Leonard. If we move him into the middle then maybe Danny gets his place back? It’s a tough call. The back three pick themselves. Ballard is class, Hutch is solid and you couldn’t drop Cooper after his screamer which earned us all three points. Molly should slot in on the left.

With no Saville then the midfield needs a new look. There is talk that Evans might have broken his hand so he could be out. Leonard should start and Dutch should be his partner. Up front Jed and Ojo should start and there is a toss up between Bradshaw and Smith but I guess that Tom will get the nod.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Cooper Molly
Dutch Leonard
Jed Bradshaw Ojo

Subs Long Pearce Murray Billy Ben Smith Mahoney

A tough game against a side who have improved a lot this season but have lost their last two games. They will be looking to get back on track and will fancy their chances if they have watched the replay of last Saturday’s game. On the other hand we got a great three points on Tuesday when most of us would have taken a point at 7.45. We have momentum and confidence but can we turn all of that into another three points against the Potters?

I can confidently predict at least two changes. Saville is a non starter as he has picked up five yellows and Benik can’t play against his parent club. So, some opportunities have opened up for a couple of players who need to take their chance with both hands and show us what they can do.

Bart made a couple of great saves during their week and so Long will have to wait for his debut. The first big issue surrounds Danny. I wasn’t there last Saturday but my mate told me today that he didn’t play well. He went missing for their first goal and was part of the reason they scored their second. He wasn’t in the squad during the week and the excuse was that he was injured. My mate didn’t think he limped off so maybe his exclusion was a slap on the wrist. Whatever, is he good to start on Saturday? We will need an extra midfielder to replace Saville and the ideal candidate is Leonard. If we move him into the middle then maybe Danny gets his place back? It’s a tough call. The back three pick themselves. Ballard is class, Hutch is solid and you couldn’t drop Cooper after his screamer which earned us all three points. Molly should slot in on the left.

With no Saville then the midfield needs a new look. There is talk that Evans might have broken his hand so he could be out. Leonard should start and Dutch should be his partner. Up front Jed and Ojo should start and there is a toss up between Bradshaw and Smith but I guess that Tom will get the nod.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Dutch Leonard
Jed Bradshaw Ojo

No Bennett? Is he injured again?

I'd start with Smith and with that in mind i'd also put Mahoney in, we need a decent crosser of the ball and Mahoney give us that cause he don't just whip them into space. We look devoid of any creativity without Afobe and Saville, would take a point now.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Dutch Leonard
Jed Bradshaw Ojo

Evans should not be in the squad let alone play broken wrist or not ,Ojo was a none enity Tuesday night & Bradshaw just does not get in goal scoring positions ....runs & shuts down space but is just a poor man,s Gregory.......Bennett looked good when he was on.& Should get a longer game time......but I think you are near the mark with your selection

George Evans is a doubt for Millwall’s home game against Stoke City on Saturday – with the midfielder due to discover today if he has fractured his hand.

The Lions will be without George Saville this weekend after he collected his fifth booking in Tuesday’s 2-1 win at Sheffield United. Benik Afobe is ineligible to face his parent club.

“We’ve got a couple of other doubts,” said Millwall boss Gary Rowett. “But we’ll see how they go today. George has got an injury to his hand which we will send him for an x-ray on today.

“I don’t envisage it will be too much of an issue but we have had incidents where players have broken bones and the experts have said that they need to let it settle, for various reasons.

“It looks like he might have broken his hand, but we’re not sure. I’ll wait and see what the judgement is on that before I make a definitive decision.

“We’ve got a couple of doubts but it gives an opportunity who are desperate to get in the team. We’ve got a good squad and a lot of good players. The challenge with that is we’ve got good players who haven’t had the opportunity to play much, where they would have done previously. Sometimes for them to get that opportunity is a good thing.”

Time for Billy to cement his place in the middle , not many will be gutted that Evans may be out for a while apart from GR.

Evans should be given away free, Saville and Leonard should be first choice in a 4-4-2

If we continue to play 3/5 in midfield, Leonard, Mitchell and Dutch (all this assuming Thompson has no future here) as I have never seen Saville play a good game in a 3 man midfield.

This is NAD's take on the team.

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-2-3: Bialkowski; Leonard, Ballard, Hutchinson, Cooper, Malone; Evans, Kieftenbeld; J Wallace, Bradshaw, Ojo.

Earlier this week they were saying that Danny was injured. Now they say that he was rested! A slap on the wrist I think! But they still don't have him the starting line up! If Evans is ruled out then they could start Danny and move Leonard into midfield. And maybe even start Bennett up front instead of Tom. Who knows?

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Cooper Malone
Jed Billy Keith ojo
Smith Bennett
subs Long Leonard Pearce Mahoney Bradshaw