Team v Sky Blues

silverlion

Staff member
We have hardly had time to clean our boots and catch our breath before we are off to play Coventry tomorrow. We might be a little short of breath but our cup of confidence is brimming over following a good win at QPR. Momentum and confidence are very important factors in football. A former colleague who played professional football told me many years ago that football is an easy game when you are winning. The two big questions are did we suffer any bumps and bruises on Saturday and can we pick ourselves up and win again on the road. I am hopeful. They are not in a good place at the moment. One win, one draw and four defeats from the last six games is poor form by anybody’s standards. If we have any pretensions about staying right up there then this is surely a must win game especially when you take into account the upcoming games against the Blades and the Clarets which will be a severe test. GR will have been looking at the squad in training today to see who is up for it.

Long should start despite not keeping out Martin’s header. Danny cannot wait to get his boots on and Cooper Cresswell and Murray will be keen to go again. Likewise Billy will want to build on his 100 games for us and Sav should be his ideal partner. MOM Honeyman should be good to go and Flem will be keen to join him. I have a slight doubt about whether Watmore is fully fit. Just before GR pulled him off he looked to me like he was struggling. Maybe he was feeling the strain and needed a breather. Bradshaw will be keen to start.

So, my thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Murray
Billy Sav
Honeyman Flem Watmore
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Leonard Shack Esse Vogi Burke

For what its worth. I thought Danny Mac had a poor game at the weekend. I agree Watmore is short of match fitness, no surprise when he was swapped out. Saville seems to be getting slower by the day. I don't disagree with your starting line up, but think an early second half change for Saville for Leonard will provide the secondary box to box running we need from midfield besides Billy.

For what its worth. I thought Danny Mac had a poor game at the weekend. I agree Watmore is short of match fitness, no surprise when he was swapped out. Saville seems to be getting slower by the day. I don't disagree with your starting line up, but think an early second half change for Saville for Leonard will provide the secondary box to box running we need from midfield besides Billy.
Couldn’t have put it better myself 👍

QPR was the 1st of 7 games in 3 weeks, I can see 3 or 4 changes for Coventry as we have the depth to keep rotating and have everyone fresh for all of these games.

This is NAD’s take on the team.

Long; McNamara, Cresswell, Cooper, Wallace; Mitchell, Saville; Honeyman, Flemming, Watmore; Bradshaw

No surprises there! Great minds think alike!