Team v Royals

silverlion

Staff member
After Saturday’s magnificent win at the Riverside this game could be after the Lord Mayor’s Show. They got beaten by Peterborough so their new man in charge started off his tenure with a home defeat. He will be keen to see a better performance from his team whereas we will be keen to pick up where we left off on Saturday.
I can confidently predict changes as GR will be keen to give a few the chance to get off the bench and force their way into his thinking for the next game. The most intriguing decision is whether he brings Long back in goal. He has had time to pick his toys off the floor and reflect on his sour grapes at the weekend but will GR accept his apology and give him the gloves? I doubt it. On the other hand will he give Shark another game so he gets more minutes under his belt or turn to the ever reliable Bart who has kept his powder dry and wants to prove he is a reliable number two. My guess is Bart will get his chance. We honestly don’t have 15 waiting in the wings for their chance to start so GR doesn’t have masses to choose from. His choice at RB is either Danny, Leonard or Wes. My choice would be Danny as he is young and recovers well. Does he go with a back four or five. My guess is a back four with Cooper and Alex Mitchell to start with Murray on the left. This would give him the chance to play three in the middle with Billy Casper and Esse filling those roles. Bradshaw must start alongside Emakhu with Flem in a ten.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Alex Cooper Murray
Esse Billy Casper
Flem
Bradshaw Emakhu

Subs
Shark Leonard Hutch Wes Nino Sav Vogi Watmore Nisbet

Like you, mate, I'm sure there will be changes, but I really don't think one of those will be in goal.
I think GR will want the Shark to get as much game time as possible early on with his new team mates while he settles into his new club.
Elsewhere, I can see Wes Harding and Alex Mitchell both getting game time. Likewise Tom.
The rest of the team revolves around who needs a rest to recover from Saturday's gruelling match and journey and GR's view about how he rates this competition.

Impossible to second guess all of that, I think, except for the goalkeeper.
As for Long...There is more chance of GR calling me to offer me game between the sticks.
We don't have to wait long to see who is correct.

Bart
Harding Alex coops nino
Leonard Evans billy
Esse Vlog emakhu

subs Truman hutch SAV Burey ( and play him) drozd Watmore Fleming nisbet de norre

After Saturday’s magnificent win at the Riverside this game could be after the Lord Mayor’s Show. They got beaten by Peterborough so their new man in charge started off his tenure with a home defeat. He will be keen to see a better performance from his team whereas we will be keen to pick up where we left off on Saturday.
I can confidently predict changes as GR will be keen to give a few the chance to get off the bench and force their way into his thinking for the next game. The most intriguing decision is whether he brings Long back in goal. He has had time to pick his toys off the floor and reflect on his sour grapes at the weekend but will GR accept his apology and give him the gloves? I doubt it. On the other hand will he give Shark another game so he gets more minutes under his belt or turn to the ever reliable Bart who has kept his powder dry and wants to prove he is a reliable number two. My guess is Bart will get his chance. We honestly don’t have 15 waiting in the wings for their chance to start so GR doesn’t have masses to choose from. His choice at RB is either Danny, Leonard or Wes. My choice would be Danny as he is young and recovers well. Does he go with a back four or five. My guess is a back four with Cooper and Alex Mitchell to start with Murray on the left. This would give him the chance to play three in the middle with Billy Casper and Esse filling those roles. Bradshaw must start alongside Emakhu with Flem in a ten.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Alex Cooper Murray
Esse Billy Casper
Flem
Bradshaw Emakhu

Subs
Billy Casper. Surely he's way past it.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Alex Cooper Murray
Esse Billy Casper
Flem
Bradshaw Emakhu

Subs
Billy Casper? Isn’t he a dead golfer? 😉

Joking aside, I would have thought Wesley should get a start.

You could be right! I have a feeling you must play 6 or 7 players that played in the last game
I had this discussion yesterday, I was under the assumption that 6 or 7 must of played previous game , maybe it’s in later rounds or it was scrapped because top prem clubs have 50 odd players and they wanted them to play in early rounds.