Team v Rovrum

silverlion

Staff member
Apologies that this is a bit late but flying home today and all a bit last minute packing and driving. You know the story.

I was not at the Weeds game but have watched the lowlights and I have to agree with GR and Fat Dan that the score line was a bit harsh on us. It sounds like a thumping but the bitter truth is that they we’re better than us on the day and they also have a squad packed with very expensive and quick players who were clinical on the counter. We went hard at it to get an equaliser late on and paid the price as they picked us off. There is little we can do about it now as it is history but the important fact is how we react to a defeat. It could be a dilemma for GR. Do you keep the faith with those who started on Sunday and give them a clear message that he expects a better performance tonight? Or do you bring in some fresh faces and tell them that this is their big chance to claim the shirt and show what they are made of?

Whatever he does I do expect some changes but not the player that wears the gloves. Bart did his best on Sunday but this is a big chance for him to show that he is still a good shot stopper. The news from SE16 regarding Sarkic is not good and the lad could be out till Christmas!
The first debate is who plays at RWB. BNC looks good on his showreel and I am sure that there are better things to come from him. He hasn’t set the world alight yet and I would be very surprised if Danny has not been in GR’s ear about a return to the side. It could go either way. Leonard has done enough to keep his place. Cooper has played better but is still good enough to start but do you give Wes a start against his old team or keep Murray in? Another tough call. If Joe is fir he could start but Longman got praise from GR and Fat Dan so maybe he will start at LWB. Midfield is an issue. Billy has suffered some flak but is he still the favoured one according to GR? And what about Sav? Two international games could have taken its toll on his legs but he should be fit to start. Or do you keep the faith with Campbell in the middle or Casper.And what are the chances of Flem or Watmore starting? GR has choices to make. Bradshaw has be firing on blanks and Rab did not appear to have a shot on Sunday so do you start with both upfront or try just one with Watmore wide. Who knows?

My thoughts are,

Bart
BNC Leonard Wes Cooper Longman
Billy Sav
Flem
Bradshaw Watmore

Subs Trueman Danny Murray Joe Esse Casper Emakhu Campbell Rab

Bart

Danny - Wes - Cooper - Bryan

Leonard

De norre - Flemming - Saville

Emahku

Nesbit

Get rid of 5 at the back, we didn't have the players to play it last season and we still don't have the players to play it now!!!!

Agreed apart from fleming & mitchell...flem.still does not warrant a starting spot & Mitchell too negative

1. Cuffy was terrible on Saturday, No defensive positioning at all and doesn't really offer anything more than Danny Mac does going forward.
2. Having both Cooper and Wallace in a back 3 leaves us exposed to pace as per Saturday, so Harding needs to be in there instead of Wallace.
3. De Norre was our best player on Saturday so has to start. Prefer Billy to either Savs or Campbell
4. I'd go with Emakhu up front with Nisbet to change it up a bit
5. Flemming just doesn't look right at the moment. Give Esse a chance in there at home against a lower rated team. You never know.

You can tell things aren't right when so many formations are predicted.i ain't got a clue what will work but would like a midfielder getting into the box once in a while

Flemming best with a lone striker. 4411 ir 442.
Bart
Danny, Wes, Cooper, Dora
Cuffy, Leonard (or Casper), Saville, Emakhu
Flemming, Bradshaw.
Although it seems like it, guilty as charged, it ain't all doom and gloom. As someone pointed out after sunday, exactly the same start as last season, in with a sniff at the end. I bet 99%of peeps on here would take that again, with a different outcome obviously. I know the squad has improved but maybe they just need time and GR just needs a slap to sort out his best 11 and formation.
COYL, fuck em up.

1. Cuffy was terrible on Saturday, No defensive positioning at all and doesn't really offer anything more than Danny Mac does going forward.
2. Having both Cooper and Wallace in a back 3 leaves us exposed to pace as per Saturday, so Harding needs to be in there instead of Wallace.
3. De Norre was our best player on Saturday so has to start. Prefer Billy to either Savs or Campbell
5. Flemming just doesn't look right at the moment. Give Esse a chance in there at home against a lower rated team. You never know.
This is what Flemming has got to say about his performances.

No wonder they were poor against Leeds if they played on Saturday too!