Team v Rovers

silverlion

Staff member
This is a game that will test us to our very limits. After an energy sapping win over the Hornets we hardly have time to clean our boots, take a few deep breaths, look at all that we did to gain three valuable points and we are on the bus to Blackburn. Add to that they are a team who are close to danger too, they have a new boss, they lost on Saturday and they will be busting a gut to get three points at Ewood Park. NH will need all his motivational skills to set us up for a game we really must not lose. On the plus side we are a team full of confidence who are playing like heroes but this will be tough. Add to that we really only have one experienced target man who has yet to complete 90 minutes for us and if he runs out of puff or gets crocked then our options are very limited.
Shark had little to do on Saturday so he should be raring to go tomorrow. I am not sure the same can be said of some of our 30+ years squad but they will be keen to play. Will NH stick to the same side and formation or will fatigue determine his selection? Danny will certainly have recovered but will he play in a back 5 and revert to RB or stick to playing on the left. It’s a really tough call. If NH sticks to a back four then there is little doubt that he will play Cooper and Tango in the middle and Leonard on the right.
There may be question marks about how much gas is left in Sav’s tank but he will be keen to play alongside Billy. Honeyman has to play right and Flem is nailed on to play behind Oba but who plays left. Watmore has experience but does Longman have more pace. Or does he give a debut to Mayor? Another tough call.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Danny
Honeyman Billy Sav Longman
Flem
Oba

Subs Bart Murray Brian Wes BNC Esse Casper Mayor Emakhu

Harris is pushing some of his older players to the limit and needs to be careful of long term injuries, its up to him to make the most of what he has got and start bringing on subs a bit earlier to save overplaying important players

Having a game so soon is a challenge for Harris, does he freshen things up or stay the same? I would say he'd go for the latter. Two games in a short space of time may be one too many for Sav and particularly Leonard. I would go:

Sarkic
Dan Tanganga Cooper Murray
BNC De Norre Mitchell Longman
Esse
Flemming

Another tough game. I'd take a point right now but we are not in the position to settle for that.

Harris has said that he is happy to take all the pressure instead of the players. I salute him for that, but the bloke deserves a fucking medal for agreeing to take the job at the worst possible time. If that is not proof how much he lives, breathes and loves this club then I don't know what is. I truly love and respect the man for this.

This is a game that will test us to our very limits. After an energy sapping win over the Hornets we hardly have time to clean our boots, take a few deep breaths, look at all that we did to gain three valuable points and we are on the bus to Blackburn. Add to that they are a team who are close to danger too, they have a new boss, they lost on Saturday and they will be busting a gut to get three points at Ewood Park. NH will need all his motivational skills to set us up for a game we really must not lose. On the plus side we are a team full of confidence who are playing like heroes but this will be tough. Add to that we really only have one experienced target man who has yet to complete 90 minutes for us and if he runs out of puff or gets crocked then our options are very limited.
Shark had little to do on Saturday so he should be raring to go tomorrow. I am not sure the same can be said of some of our 30+ years squad but they will be keen to play. Will NH stick to the same side and formation or will fatigue determine his selection? Danny will certainly have recovered but will he play in a back 5 and revert to RB or stick to playing on the left. It’s a really tough call. If NH sticks to a back four then there is little doubt that he will play Cooper and Tango in the middle and Leonard on the right.
There may be question marks about how much gas is left in Sav’s tank but he will be keen to play alongside Billy. Honeyman has to play right and Flem is nailed on to play behind Oba but who plays left. Watmore has experience but does Longman have more pace. Or does he give a debut to Mayor? Another tough call.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Danny
Honeyman Billy Sav Longman
Flem
Oba

Subs Bart Murray Brian Wes BNC Esse Casper Mayor Emakhu
Start Casper for Savs & Watmore has to make the bench and sub on at 60 minutes.

Sarkic
Lenny Tanganga Cooper Dan M
De Norre Honeyman
BNC Flemming Bryan

Obafemi

NH, needs to freshen things up and give players a rest.

Blackburn played extra time against Newcastle in the Cup last Tuesday so they might be more tired than us.

Szmodics, C'ship leading scorer, is their main man. Stop him and we have a good chance.
Tonight will be their 8th game in 25 days, 4th midweek game in a row, that ET will have some effect on them as well.
I'd like to think that we have enough fitness in the squad to have a strong 2nd half against them, I hope Harris isn't too cautious.

They have conceded the 2nd amount of goals in the division, it's a game that with a bit of positive play with pace and energy we could win, if we park the bus and try to defend all night our luck will run out, we need to give the opposition something to worry about going forward.

Shark

Leonard Tanga Cooper Danny

Honeyman De Norre Mitchell

Flemming

Obafemi Emakhu

I find it massively bizarre that we basically have zero strikers and harris hasn't mentioned emakhu once as maybe doing a job there. He's got to be a better choice than longman surely?