Team v Pilgrims

silverlion

Staff member
A game of celebration that seemed very unlike.y ten weeks ago. NH has worked miracles to get us to where we are now and Saturday’s game should be a celebration of his work. For them it is a whole different story. They are not as deep in the brown stuff as others but they will need to be certain not to lose. If….and it is a big if….we beat them then they will be the only team we have done the double over all season.
We have other good reasons to celebrate this game. This could be the last time we see some of our team in a Millwall shirt at the Den. With this in mind NH has already said that there will be changes which could reflect this. There will be no change between the sticks. Shark was assured last week and will keep his place. Likewise the POTS in waiting will be on the right of defence. The first change will be by his side and that is Hutch.A great servant to the club with over 200 appearances, some great performances, some important goals and the epitome of leadership on the field. I fear this may be his final home appearance. Cooper will be his partner with Danny filling in on the left. Billy will have recovered from last weeks illness and partner Sav in the middle The rest is a dilemma! Longman has to play following his stunning cross for the only goal last week and Watmore should start as he scored the goal. But is there a place for Honeyman or Emakhu or even Mayor. Flem should be nailed on for what could be his swan song but do you gibe Tom or Rab a start and use Oba as an impact sub. It is all a tough call. Sadly I shall not be there as I will be flying back from warmer climes but the game will be over before take off.

My thoughts are,

Shark
lLeonard Hutch Cooper Danny
Longman Billy Sav Watmore
Flem Tom

Subs Bart Tango Honeyman Esse Casper Mayor Emakhu Rab Oba

Neil wants to win this one and the next so no room for sentiment. Hutch likely to come on second half sometime to a standing ovation.

Not sure who I'd pick but after reading the Plymouth forum it seems most of them want to park the bus, settle for a 0-0 and escape with a point. So with this information showing their lack of confidence I would opt for a attacking 3-1-6 formation which should give us a 5-0 victory. By the way dont risk a punt on my observations I ain't got any coaching badges yet.

I'm a bit confused. Is the plan for NH to stay in charge for next season too?

Reading between the lines, it appears that's the case.

Not sure who I'd pick but after reading the Plymouth forum it seems most of them want to park the bus, settle for a 0-0 and escape with a point. So with this information showing their lack of confidence I would opt for a attacking 3-1-6 formation which should give us a 5-0 victory. By the way dont risk a punt on my observations I ain't got any coaching badges yet.
I'm shocked.😂

A game of celebration that seemed very unlike.y ten weeks ago. NH has worked miracles to get us to where we are now and Saturday’s game should be a celebration of his work. For them it is a whole different story. They are not as deep in the brown stuff as others but they will need to be certain not to lose. If….and it is a big if….we beat them then they will be the only team we have done the double over all season.
We have other good reasons to celebrate this game. This could be the last time we see some of our team in a Millwall shirt at the Den. With this in mind NH has already said that there will be changes which could reflect this. There will be no change between the sticks. Shark was assured last week and will keep his place. Likewise the POTS in waiting will be on the right of defence. The first change will be by his side and that is Hutch.A great servant to the club with over 200 appearances, some great performances, some important goals and the epitome of leadership on the field. I fear this may be his final home appearance. Cooper will be his partner with Danny filling in on the left. Billy will have recovered from last weeks illness and partner Sav in the middle The rest is a dilemma! Longman has to play following his stunning cross for the only goal last week and Watmore should start as he scored the goal. But is there a place for Honeyman or Emakhu or even Mayor. Flem should be nailed on for what could be his swan song but do you gibe Tom or Rab a start and use Oba as an impact sub. It is all a tough call. Sadly I shall not be there as I will be flying back from warmer climes but the game will be over before take off.

My thoughts are,

Shark
lLeonard Hutch Cooper Danny
Longman Billy Sav Watmore
Flem Tom

Subs Bart Tango Honeyman Esse Casper Mayor Emakhu Rab Oba
We need to respect the integrity of the league and play our strongest team, If Plymouth beat us at full strength fair play, Personally I hope.Birmingham go down.

Birmingham deserve to go down,
We need to respect the integrity of the league and play our strongest team, If Plymouth beat us at full strength fair play, Personally I hope.Birmingham go down.
Birmingham deserve to go down, but Rowett deserves better. Harris will want to avoid a defeat, so won't take many risks before 70 mins. Plymouth won't lay down for us. Sentimental sub as at three end. And I think De Norre might start.

I think he may tinker the team a little more than he's letting out.. just my opinion

I think the team will be

BART
Leonard Hutch Tanganga Danny Mac
Longman Casper Esse Mayor
Obafemi Watmore

I would not put Rab in. Time between now and the start of the new season should be used to get him 100% fit. That way we will know for sure if he is fit or a sicknote. Hutch should be in as this is likely his last time in a wall shirt.

Mayor needs 90 minutes to see if he has what it takes. Give Emu some pitch time. Give bart a half or start him as I can see him going in the summer.

Flemming will go and get some cash in. I still think he will become a real quality player given the right coaching and team around him.

Looking forward to this game. No stress for once. If I was harris I would tell them to go out and enjoy themselves.

He's on a 18 month contract but can see him walking again during next season if our fans get on his back
What he has done for us this season will be good for his CV. Say what you like about him but if he decided to walk in the summer, he'd have no problem finding a new job and probably even into next season if things do turn a bit sour for him with us.

Anyone still after tickets, I've just returned a couple for upper west, my son's broken his leg playing football so can't make it - have to say Millwall ticket office were really helpful - I'll be there in spirit giving Roy a cheer

Birmingham deserve to go down,

Birmingham deserve to go down, but Rowett deserves better. Harris will want to avoid a defeat, so won't take many risks before 70 mins. Plymouth won't lay down for us. Sentimental sub as at three end. And I think De Norre might start.
He deserves to start, Just the same as when Billy was doing well De Norre had to wait his chance.

He's on a 18 month contract but can see him walking again during next season if our fans get on his back
Oh I had no idea! Assumed it was just until the end of the season.

The summer and next season is going to be interesting for sure! Going to be a lot differing expectations amongst fans for next season, that I think will be the main issue.

Are play offs an expectation? hope for a mid-table finish whilst we rebuild? another season like last season? I actually have no idea.

Sark
Leonard, tang, cooper, Danny Mac
Longman, sav, Casper/billy, watmore
Flem
Obafemi
Harris will want to win so can’t see him changing much if any, maybe he will bring subs on earlier then normal if things are going ok. Would be good to see Hutch play one last home game.