Team v Owls

silverlion

Staff member
After a Wednesday wipeout Joe will need all his skills tactics, motivation and team selection to produce some success on Saturday. This is as big a six pointer than we have faced for several seasons and it will be a big test. I only saw the first half in the Sunshine State before going with Mrs Silver for a Valentine’s Day meal but there was enough evidence in the first 45 to show that we were second best all over the field. Make no mistake that they are a decent outfit who move the ball well and play fluent joined up football. By contrast we lacked confidence and fluency and played like a pub team at the back. We need to turn this around quickly before it spirals out of control and we get nothing from this encounter with our fellow strugglers. They have a point to prove after we put four past them in the reverse fixture and they will be up for it big time as they are deeper in the brown stuff than we are.
We do not have the luxury of a big squad which is depleted with injuries and suspension so we will just have the make the best of what we have got. Is this a case of changing the keeper who has let in six goals over the past two games or give him a chance to make amends. Bart is waiting if Joe chooses to make a change, It’s a tough call. Who knows the injury situation with BNC so maybe Danny keeps his place. If that is the case then play four at the back with Leonard and Cooper in the middle and Murray on the left.
It did look like a mistake to bench Casper so he should return with Sav and Honeyman in a middle three. Flem could play right with Mayor left and Tom leading the line. Or maybe Esse right with Flem left and Oba leading the line.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Leonard Cooper Murray
Honeyman Sav Casper
Esse Tom Flem

Subs Shark Wes BNC Billy Campbell Watmore Emakhu Oba Mayor

Sarkic
Danny, Cooper, Wallace, Nana
Lenny, Casper, Honeyman
Flemming, Esse/Mayor
I'm Afobe/ Bradshaw

Bart,Billy, Wes,Tango ,Saville, Watmore,Cuffy,Campbell, Adomo.

Three in centre midfield is a must stop being overrun also to support forwards.if we must have wing backs use players who are suited to the role ie BNC Mayor not defenders with little pace

4-4-2

Bring back Bart
Danny Mac, Wallace, Tanganga, Nana
BNC, Casper, Leonard, Esse
Bradshaw Obafemi

Flemming, Savs, Cooper, Campbell, honeyman, Sarkic, Mayor, Watmore, Mitchell

Move Leonard back into the midfield or even where FLeming has been playing, he does well in a back three but he would be better going forward when we need to at least try and score goals, he isnt afraid to have a shot, puts a tackle in, is decent on the ball and can pass. De Norre shouldnt be on the bench again but apart from that pick the bones out of the rest of them at the moment.

After a Wednesday wipeout Joe will need all his skills tactics, motivation and team selection to produce some success on Saturday. This is as big a six pointer than we have faced for several seasons and it will be a big test. I only saw the first half in the Sunshine State before going with Mrs Silver for a Valentine’s Day meal but there was enough evidence in the first 45 to show that we were second best all over the field. Make no mistake that they are a decent outfit who move the ball well and play fluent joined up football. By contrast we lacked confidence and fluency and played like a pub team at the back. We need to turn this around quickly before it spirals out of control and we get nothing from this encounter with our fellow strugglers. They have a point to prove after we put four past them in the reverse fixture and they will be up for it big time as they are deeper in the brown stuff than we are.
We do not have the luxury of a big squad which is depleted with injuries and suspension so we will just have the make the best of what we have got. Is this a case of changing the keeper who has let in six goals over the past two games or give him a chance to make amends. Bart is waiting if Joe chooses to make a change, It’s a tough call. Who knows the injury situation with BNC so maybe Danny keeps his place. If that is the case then play four at the back with Leonard and Cooper in the middle and Murray on the left.
It did look like a mistake to bench Casper so he should return with Sav and Honeyman in a middle three. Flem could play right with Mayor left and Tom leading the line. Or maybe Esse right with Flem left and Oba leading the line.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Leonard Cooper Murray
Honeyman Sav Casper
Esse Tom Flem

Subs Shark Wes BNC Billy Campbell Watmore Emakhu Oba Mayor
still starting the invisible Fleming....how much is he paying you to.include him every week ? Again brought nothing to the team.or game on wednesday and it's been like that for the majority of the season , why play him wide when we have just bought an out & out winger ?

4-4-2

Bring back Bart
Danny Mac, Wallace, Tanganga, Nana
BNC, Casper, Leonard, Esse
Bradshaw Obafemi

Flemming, Savs, Cooper, Campbell, honeyman, Sarkic, Mayor, Watmore, Mitchell

JE has dropped and moved around just about every player other than Cooper. If he is still experimenting, maybe it's his time for the bench?

I like Cooper, but he hasn't really been on his game these last few weeks. He looks nervy, ponderous and generally uncomfortable (for whatever reasons). Maybe Hutch not playing has something to do with it?
Who knows... We just really need the three points though.

Move Leonard back into the midfield or even where FLeming has been playing, he does well in a back three but he would be better going forward when we need to at least try and score goals, he isnt afraid to have a shot, puts a tackle in, is decent on the ball and can pass. De Norre shouldnt be on the bench again but apart from that pick the bones out of the rest of them at the moment.
Could be a wise decision.

It's not the team it's the tactics so pick who you like but it won't change.
If you listened to JE after the game Tuesday he said it wasn’t the tactics it was just shit defending (I’m paraphrasing of course) In fact he went further and said that it wasn’t the tactics and it wasn’t that these players aren’t capable of playing his style of football (it was just shit defending) I was surprised he mentioned all this because he’s obviously been reading your posts Peckham (& he seemed somewhat vexed by them) :grinning:

I would play Romain behind Oba. Then toss up for full backs and midfield. Just can’t play cooper and Wallace both on the left, now that will be exposed.

If you listened to JE after the game Tuesday he said it wasn’t the tactics it was just shit defending (I’m paraphrasing of course) In fact he went further and said that it wasn’t the tactics and it wasn’t that these players aren’t capable of playing his style of football (it was just shit defending) I was surprised he mentioned all this because he’s obviously been reading your posts Peckham (& he seemed somewhat vexed by them) :grinning:
It was poor defending, JE don’t teach em or tell em to do that. But without replacements his hands are tied.

Well he's handsomely paid to sort out the shit. We could defend before he started to get us to play like Brazil ( I said like them and not the same :grinning: ) before you bleeding start on me :p

Last edited: