Team v Hornets

silverlion

Staff member
After Saturday’s heroic performance at St Mary’s where we had 11 warriors on the pitch the two big questions are whether that was just a one off or whether we could do it all again in two days time. Much of the last performance we can put down to a new manager bounce and to the two qualities which Neil has in abundance and Joe Edwards did not possess. The first is excellent motivational skills and the second is great man management. Neil and Livers will have been watching everybody carefully at Calmont Road to see whether any changes need to be made.
I don’t imagine there will be a change regarding who wears the gloves. That save at the death from Shark was as good as it gets and certainly won us all three points. As good as the defence played on the south coast NH has some tricky decisions to make. He has already said that he is prepared to change a winning team and he certainly has a few headaches about who to pick at the back.Joe has completed his three game suspension and is available for selection against Watford. Danny’s best position is right back and as well as he played last time out he now faces stiff competition from Joe and Murray to keep his place there. My guess is that he will move across to his favoured position. If he does he will displace Leonard unless he plays Leonard into a back three or puts him on the bench. After Tango’s goal and his solid defending against the Saints it would be tough to bench him. Cooper is nailed on but others could be either moved or benched. It’s a tough call.
I don’t see changes in centre midfield. Billy was different player with NH and Sav was excellent as his partner. Honeyman was a terrier on the right and NH has praised Longman this week but that could be a smokescreen for change. After Flem’s penalty and an improved performance I think he has done enough to keep his place. The first big question mark is about Oba. My mate was there and was not impressed with his first half show. It was his shot that got us the penalty but did he contribute much more? Tom looked the business second half so maybe he should start?

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Leonard Tango Cooper Joe
Honeyman Billy Sav
Flem
Tom

Subs Bart Wes Murray Campbell Watmore Esse Longman Emakhu Oba

* Sarkic
* Danny, Tanga, Cooper, Bryan
* Honeyman, Leonard, Saville
* De Norre, Flemming
* Tom

Last edited:
Leonard and Honeyman are the engine room. Both should start.

On the plus side having players in the mix to start means we have the option of timely substitutions. Not in the 85th minute please.

Last edited:
4-4-2

Last weekends saves and mentality, keeper has to be Sarkic. His kicking was also much improved.

Sarkic
Leonard Cooper Tanganga Danny Mac
honeyman saville billy longman
Bradshaw Zian

I don’t see NH making too many changes, I think Bradshaw for Oba maybe the o my 1 to the xi

Sark
Leonard tango cooper danny
Honeyman Billy Saville longman
007 Bradshaw

Bart Wes BNC Bryan/murray Casper esse watmore emakhu Oba