Team v Canaries

silverlion

Staff member
Be under no illusion, this will not be easy. They are a decent outfit who currently sit 8 points and 8 places above us. They have a bit of an Indian sign over us and it is a while since we have beaten them at the Den. The good news is that their right sided midfielder and playmaker Sainz got too mouthy with the ref in their last game and was sent off so can’t play against us. We have the wind in our sails with 4 points out of the last six and two clean sheets so can face them with some confidence.
There is an old adage in football that says don’t change a winning team and this may be the case here. With four games in ten days it may be the case that some don‘t have a lot of gas in the tank so may not be good to start. Or maybe they can start but might just make it to 70 before Joe makes a change.
That cannot be the case with Shark. The lad looked assured against the Hoops so should start. The same could be said of BNC who, at 19 should have plenty of gas in his tank. However he took a bash on the head in the last game but after two paracetamol should be good to go again. Danny is waiting in the wings if he isn‘t. Wes was a standout along with Leonard and Cooper so they should be good to go again. There is a question mark over Joe’s speed of recovery but if he is not good to go then Murray is good to go.
Honeyman should have recovered to start and I hope that Sav is similar as he had an excellent game on Monday. Watmore looked crocked when he came off but I am hoping that he will have recovered but Flem is ready to step in if not. Emakhu looked a real threat and should be good to go and so should Tom who can’t wait get his boots on.

My thoughts are,

Shark
BNC Leonard Wes Cooper Murray
Honeyman Sav
Watmore Bradshaw Emakhu

Subs Bart Danny Hutch Joe Esse Longman Billy Flem Rab

Sarkic
Leonard, Wes, Cooper, Bryan
BNC, Honeyman, Saville
Tom, Nisbet, Watmore/Emakhu

50/50 about Watmore/Emakhu, Watmore more nous and will track back, Emakhu more explosive but feel his defensive and attacking inexperience could work against us if he starts 🤷‍♂️

If you have a look at the main 6 fingered forum their supporters are still very much anti Wagner, and highly critical of his formation, tactics and team selection (particularly in their last game when they lost 1-0 to WBA), so it’s possible the rot has set in for them again this season and tomorrow might be the best chance we’ve had for a while to take 3 points off them?

Under Edwards we have been playing (mostly) better, free flowing football, compared to how we played against them at Carrow Road earlier in the season, so maybe we’ll be able to match them in midfield and up front this time?

The $64,000 question will be if Edwards starts the same team as he started against QPR? I think we would all hope that he does, as the Norwich players will be aware of Emakhu’s goal against them, and along with Watmore, Bryan and Norton-Cuffy, we have the pace to put the frighteners on their defence!

Last edited:
Would like to think we'll have a pop, but think JE will not want to risk undoing the good work of the last 3 games.
🤞the spirit of 2017 is invoked.
COYL.
Sarkic
Wes ,Cooper, Dora
BNC, Leonard, Sav, Honeyman, Whatmore
Tom , Emakhu
If Whatmore ain't fit ,then Dora and Wallace.

Last edited:
Be under no illusion, this will not be easy. They are a decent outfit who currently sit 8 points and 8 places above us. They have a bit of an Indian sign over us and it is a while since we have beaten them at the Den. The good news is that their right sided midfielder and playmaker Sainz got too mouthy with the ref in their last game and was sent off so can’t play against us. We have the wind in our sails with 4 points out of the last six and two clean sheets so can face them with some confidence.
There is an old adage in football that says don’t change a winning team and this may be the case here. With four games in ten days it may be the case that some don‘t have a lot of gas in the tank so may not be good to start. Or maybe they can start but might just make it to 70 before Joe makes a change.
That cannot be the case with Shark. The lad looked assured against the Hoops so should start. The same could be said of BNC who, at 19 should have plenty of gas in his tank. However he took a bash on the head in the last game but after two paracetamol should be good to go again. Danny is waiting in the wings if he isn‘t. Wes was a standout along with Leonard and Cooper so they should be good to go again. There is a question mark over Joe’s speed of recovery but if he is not good to go then Murray is good to go.
Honeyman should have recovered to start and I hope that Sav is similar as he had an excellent game on Monday. Watmore looked crocked when he came off but I am hoping that he will have recovered but Flem is ready to step in if not. Emakhu looked a real threat and should be good to go and so should Tom who can’t wait get his boots on.

My thoughts are,

Shark
BNC Leonard Wes Cooper Murray
Honeyman Sav
Watmore Bradshaw Emakhu

Subs Bart Danny Hutch Joe Esse Longman Billy Flem Rab
I’d have Nesbit in for Bradders and Flemming in for Watmore. The rest I’d agree with.

Here’s something different. How about playing BNC on the left so he can cut in and shoot with his right foot along with Bryan. I know the risk is at the left of the defence if BNC doesn’t cover Joe’s forward forays.

I’d have Nesbit in for Bradders and Flemming in for Watmore. The rest I’d agree with.
I’m opinion flemming is too slow, with his feet and his decision making. Too imobile too and doesn’t demand the ball. As for his recent shooting. Something weird going on.

Will be very interesting to see JE’s selection. Sure he’d like an unchanged side, but the players really put in a big effort - particularly Whatmore and Sav looked buggered

Will be very interesting to see JE’s selection. Sure he’d like an unchanged side, but the players really put in a big effort - particularly Whatmore and Sav looked buggered
I thought about your comment, then remembered Norwich played for 60 mins with.10 men against wba, that and the fact Sainz is ineligible gives us a couple of plus points. I really need us to win this.

Putting two good performances in a row has been an issue for not only Edwards, but also when Rowett was in charge.

It would be a huge statement to win two on the bounce.

I thought about your comment, then remembered Norwich played for 60 mins with.10 men against wba, that and the fact Sainz is ineligible gives us a couple of plus points. I really need us to win this.

My best mate lives in Norwich and he fucking hates them with a passion.

I’m opinion flemming is too slow, with his feet and his decision making. Too imobile too and doesn’t demand the ball. As for his recent shooting. Something weird going on.
Form is temporary class is permanent. I can see him hitting form very soon.