Team v Boro

silverlion

Staff member
This could be a difficult game as we have several injuries to important defensive players and few options to fill the gaps. They are a decent side who began their season with a defeat to us and have improved steadily under Michael Carrick. They have had two tough games in the last few days beginning with a defeat to Villa in the Cup and then a victory over Chelsea in the Cobblers Cup on Tuesday. I was secretly hoping for a couple of very hard fought and crushing defeats but they did emerge with a victory over Chelsea on Tuesday. It did come at a cost with a couple of injuries to important players. Maybe our game on Saturday will be after the Lord Mayor’s Show and they will have worn themselves out over their past two games! Who knows? I was also hoping that Joe would have drafted in at least one or two new defensive faces by now but there has been no sign of that as I write this on Thursday afternoon. Hence, we will have to mix and match and hope for the best.
Shark is sure to wear the gloves despite some criticism over the Foxes second goal. It does look as if BNC is on the mend and that could mean a back five with Danny moving inside to a CB role. If not then it could be a back four with Danny as a regular RB. Wes and Cooper will be the two CB’s with Joe filling in on the left.
Midfield has no issues. Billy and Honeyman are nailed on with Watmore and Longman wide, Flem in a ten and either Rab or Tom upfront.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Wes Cooper Joe
Watmore Billy Honeyman Longman
Flem
Tom

Subs Bart BNC Nino Esse Campbell Grant Walker Lawson Leahy

To be fair the side practically picks itself with the injuries we have. Unless joe throws a spanner in the works with a surprise admission. Assume we start with what we finished with last game. Which I’ve forgotten.

The ref for tomorrow’s game is Andy Davies.

Doesn‘t ring a bell with me. Has he reffed any of our previous games this season? Anyone know anything about him - good or bad?