Team v Boro

silverlion

Staff member
This is as tough as it gets and we will need all we have got and more to get something out of this one. At present they are fifth, so one place above us with the same number of points but we have a game in hand. They have undergone a revival under Carrick and will be using this game to show how far they have got since he took over. My Dad always said that the better the opposition then the better we play. Let’s hope that rings true on Saturday. I do recall that a few seasons back we played like a pub team and were three down before we knew it. On the plus side you wouldn’t have given us a chance on Boxing Day at Watford and we won comfortably.

I confidently predict changes following our poor display against the Blades. The first change will be between the sticks. Long was in the pictures of training a couple of days again so he got away from changing nappies and bath time at 6 and should wear the gloves. Danny was one of the few who played well and I expect him to keep his place. The same cannot be said for Cresswell who yet again showed he can be a liability. Hutch and Cooper should be in central defence with Murray left and looking to play better.

Midfield should see the return of Billy who was sorely missed last week. I am hoping that Styles will be fit to be his partner but Sav is standing by just in case. Vogi should start wide right with Flem in the middle but Bennett needs to play better to retain his place. Options are Molly or Honeyman or even Burey if fit. Sadly there are no options about who leads the line as Bradshaw is the only choice.

My thoughts are

Long
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Styles
Vogi Flem Bennett
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Cresswell Molly Sav Honeyman Esse Shack

Long
DMac Hutch Cooper Malone
Mitchell Saville
Vogi Flem Esse
Bradshaw

I've gone with Esse, because for me he looks less raw than Burey in the cameos I've seen, and the oppo won't have done much research on him. Why not give him a go, can't be any worse than Burey and we can't rely on Bennett.

Long
DMac Hutch Cooper Malone
Mitchell Saville
Vogi Flem Esse
Bradshaw

I've gone with Esse, because for me he looks less raw than Burey in the cameos I've seen, and the oppo won't have done much research on him. Why not give him a go, can't be any worse than Burey and we can't rely on Bennett.
Agree, murray behind him so he can talk him through it. Get Rowett to gee him up for 2 days and raise his conference levels. He can’t get abused by thousands if he makes a mistake. As 33 says they won’t expect him.

Judging by the Sheffield game i would say Esse is ready to start and will cause them problems, can also see him scoring a few.

This kid is a talent, keeps it simple when called for, good defensively, got pace, good control with the ball at his feet and most of all is a team player.

This is as tough as it gets and we will need all we have got and more to get something out of this one. At present they are fifth, so one place above us with the same number of points but we have a game in hand. They have undergone a revival under Carrick and will be using this game to show how far they have got since he took over. My Dad always said that the better the opposition then the better we play. Let’s hope that rings true on Saturday. I do recall that a few seasons back we played like a pub team and were three down before we knew it. On the plus side you wouldn’t have given us a chance on Boxing Day at Watford and we won comfortably.

I confidently predict changes following our poor display against the Blades. The first change will be between the sticks. Long was in the pictures of training a couple of days again so he got away from changing nappies and bath time at 6 and should wear the gloves. Danny was one of the few who played well and I expect him to keep his place. The same cannot be said for Cresswell who yet again showed he can be a liability. Hutch and Cooper should be in central defence with Murray left and looking to play better.

Midfield should see the return of Billy who was sorely missed last week. I am hoping that Styles will be fit to be his partner but Sav is standing by just in case. Vogi should start wide right with Flem in the middle but Bennett needs to play better to retain his place. Options are Molly or Honeyman or even Burey if fit. Sadly there are no options about who leads the line as Bradshaw is the only choice.

My thoughts are

Long
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Styles
Vogi Flem Bennett
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Cresswell Molly Sav Honeyman Esse Shack
I would think Honeyman will play. Either Bennett, he's bound to be injured after 60 mins anyway, or Vogi drop out. Not sure on Vogi, he's trier, but we are not seeing much return, from him out wide, and he missed a sitter, so I will say Bennett plays of the two, if fit. Murray was hapless against Sheffield, I don't know there attacking options down the left, but if he's quick, I would play Malone, he can hardly defend but will at least have the pace to get in the way, Murray is being found out two often by pace, and he cant blame having to baby sit Burey as he wasn't on the pitch at the time. I agree Long, Bart looked short on confidence I thought.

Agree about Esse looked like a team player with skill
yes, Ive said before, we need to see a few games out of him, but he looked unfazed and put himself about when off the ball. We need a couple more players to come through our system and then more of the decent local talent might sign with us as well.

Reactions: Owl