Team v Blackpool

silverlion

Staff member
Is this the game where the brown stuff hits the fan and do we come out of this as brown stuff or smelling of roses? The truth is anything could happen….and probably will! This will be a big test of GR’s credentials as a manager. It is all very well to say that the big players have to step up to the plate but when you are the leader you have to say all the right things and spur them on so they bust a gut for the cause. I am quietly confident that there are a lot in our dressing room who will sweat blood to get a result and they will expect nothing less from their team mates. The bottom line is that if you do not step up to the mark for such an important game in our season then you don’t deserve to play for the best team on the planet. The big question is who are our best eleven to play at Bloomfield Road?
For me there are still question marks for me about Long. Hutch’s reaction to conceding the first goal at Wigan said it all. Long palmed the ball straight to their attacker’s feet and he smashed it in. Hutch was furious and beat the ground several times severely whilst looking at Long with daggers. This is the time to bring back Bart. Danny was no better or worse than the others so he starts alongside Hutch and Cooper. The first big question is do you start Molly on the left or bring in Styles to start there. It‘s a tough call.

Billy and Sav should start in the middle assuming the latter has had no reaction to his broken nose. The next big question is who do you start either side of Flem. Fat Dan says that Burke is our best player by a country mile so he should start. So who starts wide left. The choices are Watmore, BFG or Bennett. For me the latter presents the biggest threat but some say that Watmore could be a better bet. Or even Style. BFG should start on the bench. Sir Tom should be our lone front man.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Molly
Billy Sav
Burke Flem Styles
Bradshaw

Subs Long Evans Shack Esse Bennett Burey BFG

I personally don’t think Malone should be playing at all. He cannot defend for his life & offers little anymore. He will leave at the end of this season and go straight into league 1.

Would like to see Styles LB & Bennett on the left & reslly go for it. That same team (baring Bart) needs changing with that awful display the other day. Couldn’t create nothing & I don’t see that changing unless some of the players do.

Picking the squad for Friday isn't for the faint hearted. All we can ask is that every player is prepared to do whatever is necessary to take home the 3 points.
Blackpool will be doing all they can to tame the Lion, and it's time for our lads to show what wearing our shirt means to them.
GR will either be a hero or villain in 48 hours, as he'll be judged on selection, tactics, timing of subs, and the full time result.
Will we hear a repetition of "One Gary Rowett" when that full time whistle blows?

Anything other than a win and its goodbye play-offs. If anything the pressure is off Rowett now and he can drop the cautious approach and really go for it, which the fans will get behind.

Would love to see an attacking front four of
Burke Flemming Watmore/Bennett with Bradshaw up top. Would also like to Shackleton and Styles at full back as they have better ball retention

How about a 433 that would allow Watmore to push forward with Burke, Tom and Flem working together.

Bart
Shack Hutch Cooper Styles
Billy Sav Watmore
Burke Tom Flem

Subs…..Long Danny Esse Vogi Bennett Molly Burey

Problem is beside flem and Tom we’ve no goalscorer a. So play them 2 up top which is risky I know. Then 4 skilful forward thinking players. Shack, styles in middle saville on left whatmore right. Usual suspects at back with Bart.

Who'd be a manager, shit or bust or rinse and repeat. All depends on fitness as well, a couple of knocks from Wigan.
Shit or bust:
Long
Danny, Cooper, Hutch
Shackleton, Saville, Styles, Molly
Esse, Bradshaw, Flemming
Rinse:
Long
Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Molly
Billy, Saville
Vogl, Flemming, Styles
Bradshaw
Or
Long
Shackleton, Cooper, Hutch, Molly
Esse, Saville, Flemming, Styles
Bradshaw, Bennett. (even Lenny out wide, 007 up top, Styles in the middle)
Who fucking knows, think if I was the boss I'd go for it, but we HAVE to take our chances as I can see them scoring.
Have to win end of.
COYL

First of all there’s no chance of Bart starting so theirs no point in anyone on here picking him. Secondly, even if Malone can’t defend we can’t possibly be playing for a draw so start him for his forays down the wing. And thirdly, although I’m slightly warming to Burke, he’s only a loan player (we’ll never sign him permanently) and as such all this means nothing to him, he just looks like he doesn’t give a toss, so sorry, he’s on the bench for me.

Got to go all out attack we need to try and get a few goals, but we probably wont change the system
Long
Evans, Cooper, Hutch
Billy, Sav, Styles
Esse, Fleming, Bradshaw, Malone

I know Evans is a risk but at least he can play in a back three whereas I am not sure Danny can.

Last edited:
Need make up 3 goals on Sunderland at least, surely GR and team must have thought of this scenario over the next 2 games and realise we can’t sit back and win 1-0.

Changes have to be made, too many poor perforances have cost us dearly of late, We need players capable of getting the ball down and moving us up the pitch quickly, Shackleton & Styles are far better ball players then Billy & Danny so i'd go with the below to start on friday

Bart
Shackleton Hutch Coops Malone
Saville
Flemming Styles

Burke Bradshaw Watmore

First of all there’s no chance of Bart starting so theirs no point in anyone on here picking him. Secondly, even if Malone can’t defend we can’t possibly be playing for a draw so start him for his forays down the wing. And thirdly, although I’m slightly warming to Burke, he’s only a loan player (we’ll never sign him permanently) and as such all this means nothing to him, he just looks like he doesn’t give a toss, so sorry, he’s on the bench for me.

Cant help but think Burke should be more motivated than most. He must surely be playing for a new contract somewhere. Has not done much at Bremen and they must want him off the books. Still young enough to land a good deal if he showed the right commitment.

Members online