Tango

HappyLion

“I have a good relationship with the gaffer, and he understands who I am,” said Tanganga. “Obviously he spoke to me and understood that I went to Germany and the manager got sacked, things changed, and then I came to Millwall, and the manager got sacked – he understood straight away how I might have been feeling in that situation.

“He just understood me, spoke to me, and let me know that he was here to help me, with my history of past injuries, and how to manage myself. He’s been very helpful and communicative.”

Millwall’s fans were singing for Tanganga to stay when the players did their lap of appreciation after the final home fixture against Plymouth.

“It’s a feeling I can’t describe,” said Tanganga, when asked about that moment. “It’s a feeling that a lot of football players want, to feel appreciated and feel like they’ve added value to the team and can show what they’re capable of doing. The boys have been amazing in terms of taking me in and making me feel welcome, as well as the fans. It’s a great feeling.”

That type of feeling goes a long way if he goes out on loan again or if signing him is between us and another team. He did well from not playing for ages.

Last edited:
Also Tanganga...

"My focus is to build on from my spell at Millwall, with the number of games I played," he said. "You want to be in a position where you're playing week in, week out, so whether that's at Spurs or somewhere else, that is something that needs to be discussed in the future and we’ll see where we go from there."

"It's been very important to have a consistent run of games because when you're not fit, you start doubting yourself, so not only for others to see that I can play consistently, but also for myself," outlined Tanganga. "With the injuries you start doubting yourself and start thinking, can I play as regularly without my body breaking down?

"But thankfully, that hasn't happened, and I've shown that I can do it, I just needed time for my body to adjust, and for me to learn my body. Now, hopefully I can kick on and play more than I've played at Millwall – maybe its 30 games in a season or 40 games in a season."
A huge hit with Millwall players and fans, Tanganga also appeared to make quite the impression on Harris, and vice versa. Speaking in March, the Millwall legend revealed that the defender had grown in personality within a few weeks and was speaking at half-time in the dressing room to his teammates.

"It's brought out a side that I knew I always had," said the defender. "Playing football is the most important thing and when you're not playing, sometimes you start doubting yourself. But him [the manager] giving me the confidence and trust in me, to play me, allowed me to show more of myself."

So what exactly is the biggest thing Tanganga can take from such a successful time with The Lions?

"We've defended a lot [at Millwall]," admitted the former England Under-21s international. "Coming from Spurs where you have most of the ball, whereas at Millwall we may not have had it, so you must be switched on and defend well"

"Defending is my strength, but the main thing out of this spell was about consistency and playing regularly for 90 minutes. With the intensity of the game and the intensity of the Championship, coping and dealing with it, that for me is the biggest thing I've learnt which I can take forward."

"Defending is my strength, but the main thing out of this spell was about consistency and playing regularly for 90 minutes. With the intensity of the game and the intensity of the Championship, coping and dealing with it, that for me is the biggest thing I've learnt which I can take forward."

What a coup if we could sign him. He's been immense. Love the fella, he's a perfect fit for us. Probably out of our range but wherever he goes I wish him all the best ⚽
He’s only played 20-30 games for spuds. At 24 or 25 ‘better’ teams should be looking for more for their money. We’ll see, he’ll be a good match for us.

As with the previous two centre back loanees (Ballard and Cresswell) they go back to their clubs, we are outpriced and they don't do as well as we all expected.

Would love for us to sign him but probably too expensive baring in mind that we need to bring a few in this summer.

“I could see Millwall offering £3million for Tanganga,” Wenham said.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I agree just speculation, especially as Tanganga is out of contract at the end of June and Spurs have a 1 year contract option.
If released on a free, there would be many bidding for his services. Wages would be a big sticking point, pay what he is on now and there could be resentment.
Alternatively, give a big signing on fee ( in lieu of a transfer fee) and lower his wages to reflect the other players.

Last edited:
Regardless of any potential transfer fee i just can't see a footballer of his age and quality not following the money.
There will be several clubs with an eye on him. Two things need to happen for this to work.

1. He wants to come here.
2. The fee will be per match and add ons.

I think the sticking point will be wages. Jury is still out. Fingers crossed.

He’s too rich for our blood unfortunately, I would love him to come to us but we won’t be able to afford the fee or his wages.

If he leaves spurs it will be to a promoted premier team

I think that after what Harris has achieved since his arrival he will get full backing from the board.
Harris and Tanganga seem to have mutual respect. Both have benefited from the loan. Do we splash out on a certainty for 2/3 Millionen or spend 1.5 on another risk.
So I think within reason, if Harris wants him they will work a deal