Tango

I thought Danny Mac deserved mom, a shade ahead of Sav. But votes for Tango, Coops and Honey too just show that the players have really upped their game. Some games recently it would've been hard to pick anyone out for mom!
Bang on there mate. It wasn't pretty, but it felt like proper Millwall for the first home game in a long time. A lot of em put in a proper shift today

Probably went under the radar today, but second only to Honeyman for MOM today for me. Thought he was superb, led the defence against a barrage from Watford, the sort of performance that makes the difference between 3 points and 1

Under Edwards, he made at least one costly mistake per game. Last two matches he has kept things simple, and has been very good.

I remember the first few games by Zak Whitbread, looked awful and a lack of confidence, I feel it's been the same for Tanganga and could prove to be a good asset for the rest of the season.

I think tango came to us at a difficult time for the team, he was lacking sharpness, was struggling for fitness and getting used to those around him.

I may be wrong as I wasn’t watching us when Cresswell arrived, but wasn’t it the same for him when he first came? I seem to remember some flak heading his way.

I thought Danny Mac deserved mom, a shade ahead of Sav. But votes for Tango, Coops and Honey too just show that the players have really upped their game. Some games recently it would've been hard to pick anyone out for mom!
I think we can add Fleming to the list as well. I’ve been very critical of his work rate lately so got to give him a shout for yesterday’s effort. No doubt Bomber’s return has helped him.

Bang on there mate. It wasn't pretty, but it felt like proper Millwall for the first home game in a long time. A lot of em put in a proper shift today
It's just sad that the players let it happen in the first place , it was not JE who let us down it was the players who crossed that white line , ironic that we have moved backwards football side but the players are giving 100% playing a non technical game plan ..Nick a goal & park the bus & hope

It's just sad that the players let it happen in the first place , it was not JE who let us down it was the players who crossed that white line , ironic that we have moved backwards football side but the players are giving 100% playing a non technical game plan ..Nick a goal & park the bus & hope

Fairly or not, the manager is ultimately responsible. Which is why some people spent ages blaming GR (and now Harris) for the perfomances on the pitch - they didn't blame the whole team.

I agree that GR was reponsible for the dour football that the players served up; they were, after all, playing to his instructions. In the same way, the players were playing to JE's instructions. The difference being, one way of playing wins points, the other only wins plaudits for being 'entertaining'.

Edwards had some shocking decisions go against him, some bad luck with injuries, but ultimately, he wasn't able to get the players playing his way, and win matches. Harris is certainly getting more out of Tanganga than Edwards did!

It's just sad that the players let it happen in the first place , it was not JE who let us down it was the players who crossed that white line
I disagree and the last two games tells it's own story. So what has changed? It's possible that the players had the belief and confidence sucked out of them because they were being sent out each game to do things that were getting them beat each week. They are only human after all.

Edwards was persisting with something that wasn't working and doing damage. The players play to instruction, good or bad. Players don't go out to intentionally lose. The fool that was supposed to be managing them let it happen, time and time again. It was like some sort of sick experiment with an added touch of stubbornness to boot.

Edwards had watched us numerous times before he took the job and was well aware of what they were and weren't capable of, comfortable with or fit enough to maintain for 90 minutes. To continue to try and implement the changes that he wanted to take place was fucking stupid, naive and borderline madness given our position in the table. I'd chose pragmatism over arrogance each and every time when my club's status is in peril.

Last edited: