Swindon away or Orient replay at Highbury ????? Please.

It definitely was not Orient cup replay at Highbury.
There was only about 3000 there. We had about a square yard of terrace each. Freezing cold night. The biggest noise was our teeth chattering.
I remember playing poker dice with me mate on the North Bank , boredom had set in ,as you say ,hardly any bugger there.🤣

It was
I’m guessing April 76?
Palace still had games in hand but drew at home to Chesterfield and we got promoted

Yep, they fucked up. We were quite a way behind them at Christmas.
They knocked us out of the cup after a replay, we then beat them in the League and went on a run.

One of my best away nights was over their gaff when we drew 0-0 (a midweek game). Selhurst Park was smothered with 'Wall supporters that night and it was blinding atmosphere.

We had a right tough end of the season run in - Three games in five days! We fucked Brighton over as well. They were in front of us and we beat them. They then drew their last three games.

Stat Wankery alert:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 223822.jpg2.jpg

More Stat Wankery.

The Nigel's and Brighton must be two of the biggest Bottle Jobs in promotion history. When we turned up to the party towards the back end of the season they both crumbled:

Palace.

Palace.jpg

Brighton.

BHA.jpg

Brilliant memories from 75-76 season !
Remember thinking it was all finished after we lost 3-1 at Gillingham, then we went unbeaten the rest of the season.
All I can remember from the 0-0 draw at Hereford was the train journey back took forever... A couple of little urchins kept on pulling the emergency cord. Some old timers getting really pissed off missing valuable drinking time!
Happy days 😛

So don’t get upset with this but:
My memory of the Swindon game includes the police confiscating a drum some of OUR fans had brought along.
Now this was well before all the drum bolloxs and brass bands that are a sh*t show now.
Not sure if this was just a one off or the “drum” featured at other away games in 75/76 but I don’t remember it appearing after that

Gordon Jago’s Blue and White Army.

Done all but 4 games that season.

Think we had Aston Villa that season in the League cup up at Villa Park.

Me first visit to Cardiff that season. Both going for promotion, lively ain’t the word. Been Cardiff several times, that day was the one.

Hereford away, a bull on the pitch.

Chesterfield up at Selhurst park, great night, promotion. Sums that lot up, hundreds of supporters their pitch celebrating promotion and they ain’t even playing.

Gordon Jago’s Blue and White Army.

Done all but 4 games that season.

Think we had Aston Villa that season in the League cup up at Villa Park.

Me first visit to Cardiff that season. Both going for promotion, lively ain’t the word. Been Cardiff several times, that day was the one.

Hereford away, a bull on the pitch.

Chesterfield up at Selhurst park, great night, promotion. Sums that lot up, hundreds of supporters their pitch celebrating promotion and they ain’t even playing.
Cardiff that was a long day

At Villa they found our lorry and plotted up thousands of em your honour, just a few of us stabbed and one of their pub done by thick Tom on his own ahhh those were the days my friend, we took the Stratford end ect ect.