Sutton Update

Only friendlies but 3 for Slammer, 2 for Flemm & 3 for Nisbet. Not a bad days work. The pass from Esse for Nisbet first was great. Apparently Watmore running riot.

I actually thought Esse looked totally comfortable in centre mid on Saturday. Looks very promising.

Me too. He was our best player. I can understand why Rowett is playing him there as he will be more involved than if he is on the wing. Esse is a very special talent.

Me too. He was our best player. I can understand why Rowett is playing him there as he will be more involved than if he is on the wing. Esse is a very special talent.
Just got a bit of a feeling that tonight's line up is not too far off being the first 11 for the start of the season.

Just got a bit of a feeling that tonight's line up is not too far off being the first 11 for the start of the season.

I'd like to know how Alex Mitchell went tonight. He looked good on Saturday. And I assume Ryan Leonard played as a right wing-back.

If you have Esse in central midfield and Flemming behind two strikers in Bradshaw/Watmore and Nisbet with Joe Bryan on the left, that's a lot of attacking threat.

Esse was a class above tonight, looked dangerous everytime he got the ball and won the penalty.

Rab C also looks class (albeit against a shit Sutton side), but also get the impression if things don't go his way he'll throw a strop... we'll see....

Bryan looked off the pace, but moments of skill and composure - far to early to judge..

And one day Saville will have a shot that doesn't clear the crossbar by 200 feet... Still a great player mind.

I'd like to know how Alex Mitchell went tonight. He looked good on Saturday. And I assume Ryan Leonard played as a right wing-back.

If you have Esse in central midfield and Flemming behind two strikers in Bradshaw/Watmore and Nisbet with Joe Bryan on the left, that's a lot of attacking threat.
Alex Mitchell looks like a big, handy unit and I am sure he will slot into the back 3 with no problem.
I have always rated Joe Bryan who was Premiership quality in his prime and I am confident that he will be one of our best signings in years.
All looking good for the upcoming season and I get a feeling that our goal count will be high.

Mitchell looked totally at home there in the back 3 mate. Didn't put a foot wrong that I saw. Nothing really bothered our back 3 all night. Strong.

I’ve not watched any pre season so far, but from what I am hearing, Duncan Watmore has started brightly - as has Emakhu and Esse.

I think Esse should be in with a shout of starting, I think he could do more damage from a central position but can see him being pushed out wide.

Good pre season so far, minutes in legs, two different teams got 90 minutes yesterday instead of 45 each, Nisbet and others shining, pity about Honeyman but these things happen. Victories will build confidence no matter what the opposition.
Bayern Munich showed the Spotters how far they need to progress before European or even world domination by winning a pre season friendly yesterday 27-0. 😎

This.

Esse is home grown talent and playing him there negates us from forking out the £2M release fee that Barnsley want for Callum Styles! Why spend £2M when you can play one of our own, in a similar position, and who has cost the club next to nothing by bringing him slowly and carefully through the ranks?