Sunderland V Wall -Sat 3pm-------- match thread--------

Well, make no mistake, that was an absolutely perfectly executed game plan.
They had the better of the first 20 minutes and then came the masterstroke from Harris by switching Longman to the right and Honeyman to the left. Longman's pace then nullifying the threat of Clarke and Styles on the left had side. Neither keeper had a proper save to make in the first half and their fans were getting frustrated.
Second half we just kept them really quiet with great shape and I said on here if we could get to 60-65 minutes and then bring the subs we could nick it and we did just that. Savile wins the ball, plays it out wide to Longman and he plays it perfectly into the corridor of doom. Watmore attacks the near post and the combination of him and Ballard see the ball fly into the net for 1-0 to 'wall.
After that we see the game out really well, players throwing bodies on the line for the cause.
Longman man of the match for me again, good going forward but also helped nullify Clarke defensively. Danny Mac, Tango and Leonard were all brilliant too.
De Norre probably a bit rusty and took a while to get going but then grew into the game.
Overall a brilliant win!

Well, make no mistake, that was an absolutely perfectly executed game plan.
They had the better of the first 20 minutes and then came the masterstroke from Harris by switching Longman to the right and Honeyman to the left. Longman's pace then nullifying the threat of Clarke and Styles on the left had side. Neither keeper had a proper save to make in the first half and their fans were getting frustrated.
Second half we just kept them really quiet with great shape and I said on here if we could get to 60-65 minutes and then bring the subs we could nick it and we did just that. Savile wins the ball, plays it out wide to Longman and he plays it perfectly into the corridor of doom. Watmore attacks the near post and the combination of him and Ballard see the ball fly into the net for 1-0 to 'wall.
After that we see the game out really well, players throwing bodies on the line for the cause.
Longman man of the match for me again, good going forward but also helped nullify Clarke defensively. Danny Mac, Tango and Leonard were all brilliant too.
De Norre probably a bit rusty and took a while to get going but then grew into the game.
Overall a brilliant win!
Only bad bit was BNC's Barnet!! What the fuck was he thinking...

I like direct winning football Harris serves that up I have seen so called entertaining football and we got rolled over week after week

Big no thanks for me unless we spend £1billion on new players and that ain’t ever going to happen.

It was not pretty today but that did not stop me jumping out my seat when we scored or wiped the smile off my face coz we won.

20 points from 11 games and we had 33 points from 33 games before the legend that is Harris came back

The biggest small club in the world is playing in the championship yet again next season that will do for me.

COYL

nintchdbpict000370936422-e1512403775336.jpg
WTF

Just passed the haters and there’s four blokes being nicked, six windows have gone in and the landlord is sat on the curb with blood running down his face.
I was stopped by a team of bailiffs asking me to point the Haters out to them, apparently trade has been so slow recently with only a couple of regulars that the landlord has gone bust..

it’s happened before though and opened up under new management as we all know.

Typical Harris away win, with 32% possession they all looked very pleased after the whistle, Nisbet, Bart and all.
It's a bit of a myth is the boring Harris ball line. I thought both the Leicester and Cardii games were good on the eye and a good watch albeit Leicester being a bit tense. That's all part of the drama and tension that is football, This time last season we was pondering about a possible play off spot. We were in a position that wouldn't have been reachable if we'd try to match sides that can knock it about.

Some fans like to moan about us having a small share of the possession. The recent wins under Harris will justify his approach as it did with Rowett too. Most of our wins both this and last season didn't come from having the lions share of the ball. Those sides we beat had an average of 63/ 67 percent possession. A lot of that possession was in there own half whereas our time with the ball was in the final third where you can cause damage.

I don't go along with the theory that Edwards needed his own players plus a transfer window or two before he got things right. For one he'd have never been able to acquire his ' own players ' that play his brand cause we ain't got a pot to piss in. He would have needed a fair chunk of dough plus an equal amount of luck for his way to even have a chance of working.

Rowett and Harris weren't afforded that time but did alright. Rowett took over an ageing side that was only heading one way. The turnaround under him was quite remarkable in his first season and it continued there after. Yet a section of our fan base weren't happy and wanted him gone. It was the same with Harris during his previous stint and i fear it will be the same again at some point. That point will be next season if he or whoever is managing us isn't living up to demands/ expectations of the vociferous strings that think we should be making the play offs each year.

The small minority of deluded Wankpuffins that turned on Rowett away at Norwich are the same fucking people that expected us to be promoted the season before. Rowett was on a hiding to nothing after losing at home to Blackburn cause so many had egg on there faces and were out for blood.

The truth is we capitalized on the likes of Watford, Norwich and West brom all having a poor season by there standards and. We were in a false position if you like. It was a one off to most normal fans.

Out went a man that stood by us, put bums on seats and turned us into a settled and competitive team with assets on the pitch. In came what the noisy ones wanted ----------- Fucking JOE---------------- the deluded PE teacher and master of psychobabble. Joe this. Joe that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, after the penny dropped he was a cunt and no longer Joe but Edwards :grinning:

Make no mistake that fucking lunatic was taking us down and the cunts that wanted Rowett out would have preferred that and nice football in league one rather than Rowett or Harris in the championship. The mind boggles!

Last edited: